The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 5: November 2012 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for the Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I can see the good intention behind it with a somewhat Maori style, wich is a nice gesture (like the Kimono inspired dress in Japan). The result is sadly far to be conclusive...

Last edited:
There is just no saving point in the whole look. The dress is hideous, the shoes are horrible and the bag is just disagreeable.
Just to make an effort to say something nice, I have always liked the snake necklace and the earrings look interesting too.

I cannot find one nice thing to say about this dress, try as I might. It is just horrendous and almost laughable. I have never even been a fan of the snake necklace. Her hair looked nice.

Couldn't agree more... even if there is a Maori 'homage' to be found somewhere in this dress, it is an example of theme dressing gone all wrong and tasteless.
The bottom-heavy shapeless look couldn't be less flattering, and the stiff cape worn along with it hardly helps matters as it looks so obviously to be meant for daywear.
Certainly one of her worst gowns ever, if not THE worst.

Full view of the dress, back and front without the cape:
http://s12.postimage.org/6ajcemqwt/20121112_PD0641.jpg
http://s11.postimage.org/tpbhrze1v/20121112_PD0632.jpg

With the cardboard-like cape:
http://s8.postimage.org/xw9pglxvp/imgwatermark2.jpg

Oh dear. It looks even worse in your photos, Boris, if that's possible. I have to wonder if it can ever be worn again... I certainly hope not!

Well it's a bit better without the cape ...

Oops, my dreadful taste in style is about to be revealed yet again, but I do rather like this outfit, including the cape....I'm not sure I like it on Camilla, but nonetheless I do like it. The photo from the back reminds me of something that Shirley bassey might wear.

That dress needs to be hidden away, because it's absolutely horrid. Perhaps it can be burned along with that navy blue dress that looks like the Soviet school uniform.

There is just no saving point in the whole look. The dress is hideous, the shoes are horrible and the bag is just disagreeable.
Just to make an effort to say something nice, I have always liked the snake necklace and the earrings look interesting too.

Quite agree with you in that I am not a fan of the dress at all.

However, the shoes and bag are Camilla "staples" for evening events, and she has used them, IMO successfully, for many a state dinner.

The beige version of the famous blue dress with the white collar re-emerged in New Zealand for the 64th birthday of the PoW. I am not a huge fan of this dress, the colours, IMO, leave Camilla looking washed out.

When I'm Sixty-Four... Prince Charles celebrates brithday - Telegraph

The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit New Zealand - Day 5 - Pictures - Zimbio

Camilla in a nice new ensemble in Auckland today

Nice picture below of the dress and hat
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/fKEA...uchess+Cornwall+Visit+New+Zealand/KJHXET-DXTc

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like these big hats on Camilla.

:previous: This is a beautiful ensemble and I love the soft sage of the dress coupled with the edgier colours and pattern of the coat. The hat is a truly a work of art with it's fine feathers tracking it's edges. Camilla always looks stylish in loose coat over dress ensembles. They are elegant and flattering to the mature woman. Of course, to me, her ability to accessorise with stunning millinery is what finesses this look.

I quite like it, even with the big hat. Camila looks lovely and elegant. I don't think I need to say anything about the beige dress. It does wash her out, and it's not flattering in the least.

This is not one of my favorites on Camilla. There is nothing special or elegant about it.

She does look good; I like her hair swept off her face and those gorgeous dangling earrings. The sequined trim on the jacket gives the ensemble some nice pizzazz.

Last edited:
I so agree with you, Baroness! She looks wonderful, and somehow, younger.

Two words; love it! Camila looks pretty darn spectacular.

She does look good; I like her hair swept off her face and those gorgeous dangling earrings. The sequined trim on the jacket gives the ensemble some nice pizzazz.

I agree with her, having her hair swept off her face looks much nicer. I agree that she looks older when the hair is not swept off her face.

The Duchess of Cornwall looking great at the Sun Military Awards in London this evening, December 6, 2012.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **
Yay- one of my favorite outfits!:D
The Duchess of Cornwall today at the Prince's Trust Gala wearing a really nice black ensemble.
I rather like the whole look, including the jewellery (especially the earrings).

- Complete ensemble
- Side view (jacket details)
- Side view (close up, & clutch)
- Hair, makeup, earrings and necklace
Missed this- love it- very movie star-esque! Quite the glamour girl!:cool:

She looks beautiful at both outings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom