The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 5: November 2012 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least this beige version appears to fit her well. The color suits her, as well.

Look at the difference. In the blue outfit the jacket is does not fit. Too tight. The beige is lovely, I thought it was gold.

It's a repeat from the diamond jubilee concert too.
A nice ensemble : not too fussy for an informal evening reception.

Don't like it at all. Also, not well fitted, as the afternoon outfit was great and she looked trimmer, because properly fitted clothes make you look slimmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love both outfits but that scarf effect erupting from the pockets is such an odd look.

I love the blue outfit, but as others pointed out, the hang-y thing from the pocket just looks odd.

Not a fan of either outfit, but I do love the color of the blue outfit. That shade of blue looks really good on her.

She needs some serious underpinnings. Um, gravity catches up with all of us. :ermm:

Last edited:
Does anything fit her correctly? *sigh*

Does anything fit her correctly? *sigh*

maybe she was at dior to organize a private fitting? one would love to know what she was discussng with the Dior rep; perhaps the challenges of a fuller figure and what Dior could do to help? btw, the grey jacket behind la duchesse is to die for, no?:whistling::cool:

I think the Duchess looked very nice. :)

She needs some serious underpinnings. Um, gravity catches up with all of us. :ermm:
Also, the posture doesnt help. Stand up straight and she will be taller and look less bulky.

Last edited:
Look she needs good underwear, most people notice, but she is a haphazard dresser, at best, some things when fitted properly look fine, other like that dress look awful. I am 71 and my mother who out dresses the duchess many times over is 98. Having a good foundation helps a lot, having taste in clothes in an asset to, her slouch, unfortunately is how she stands, Queen Mary stood ramrod straight, but Camilla slouches. She need someone to pick styles that make her look more together, like her blazer and dress in the beige (Gold). She looked nice. That blue outfit looked like old lady without underwear. The trench coat is fine, I assume it was raining or she is a spy. It, really, doesn't matter, except she is representing a nation. And, by the way 65 is not old any more.

Also, the posture doesnt help. Stand up straight and she will be taller and look less bulky.

When one is well-endowed, shall we say, on the top, standing up straight is very, very difficult. I'm speaking from experience, and therefore, can sympathize with Her Highness. It's not easy to carry all that weight around, so please, cut the woman some slack. I'm sure she tries the best that she can. It's not easy to find proper undergarments for those of us who are top heavy.

Nico

Nice caught. Thanks for posting the blue version of the gold dress.

Clearly the Duchess buys her clothes in bulk.

A woman’s shape is constantly changing.

The Duchess doesn’t have the time nor makes the time to refit her clothes before each wear.

It would be nice if she had the Queen’s dresser or she wore more tailored clothes especially on foreign trips but Camilla is Camilla & she is not going to change.

I think her posture is more a dowager hump or a dowager hump in the making than slouching.

As far as the pleated dress for the Dior visit, Oh so wrong. She should have just kept the pistachio colored coat & dress or the beige trench coat.

Being top heavy can be a problem for us regular women . However, Camilla is a royal and can have the best bras around and if she can't find them in the stores she can have some especially made for her.

IIRC, Camilla has back problems and it took a few to find the information, but a few years ago she was medically advised to pull out of some engagements while she was in Poland with Charles due to a pulled nerve. Both Charles and Camilla travel with ergonomically structured cushions to sit on.

Personally, I think she looks great for being nearly 66. I've never gotten the impression that Camilla was ever a clothes horse or has been overly concerned with fashion. She reminds me more of Anne who seems to see clothing as something necessary but not something to be overly fussed over.

I
Personally, I think she looks great for being nearly 66. I've never gotten the impression that Camilla was ever a clothes horse or has been overly concerned with fashion. She reminds me more of Anne who seems to see clothing as something necessary but not something to be overly fussed over.

I think this is something that's important to remember. There is no requirement that royal women, be they born or married into their positions, be overly interested in clothing. Camilla might not always wear the best tailored clothes, but she doesn't seem to care, and that's her prerogative.

I think so, too. I have a feeling that comfort is a priority for her, and that she wears undergarments that are comfortable even if they might not give her the outline that some people are hoping for. She's clean and neat and well groomed, and I think that's all we should ask of her as far as her appearance is concerned.

Far more important, I think, is her lively wit and sparkling eyes and the warm smile and friendly manner with which she greets people as she goes about her duties.

Is this comment really necessary time and time again?
(re: bustline)

I think this really bothers a lot of us, particularly in the US. There is an oft reprinted Ann Landers (prominent deceased newspaper advice giver) bit of advice that many of us have seen many times over. It has to do with how you know when you need to wear a bra and how your bra should support your structure. To a lot of us, the DOC's support garments make her look unkempt and uncaring about her appearance. It's about on the same level as if she had not bothered to comb her hair. I am of course, speaking for others, Lumutqueen, but when I hear this from others, mostly members from the US, I completely understand their disbelief.

I just want her to choose things that flatter her good features - as I do for all the other royals and as I do for myself when I choose clothes. That's is what a consult with a stylist is supposed to help someone like Camilla sort out. Stylists over here help people find appropriate support as well as recommending looks and fits that help one out. I can't say I know enough about euro stylists to draw any conclusion.

I agree about the # appendages. Forum not twitter. But I am sure some people run their posts through multiple aps and so we should expect that as the Forums grow.

Being top heavy can be a problem for us regular women . However, Camilla is a royal and can have the best bras around and if she can't find them in the stores she can have some especially made for her.

But she might not like the weight on the shoulders.

Or she is just comfortable wearing the same loose fitting bras.

Lots of women wear the wrong bra because they do not realize that their body continually changes shape.

Maybe she doesn't like visiting a bra stores now that she is a public figure. Or doesn't want someone to know her bra size.

(re: bustline)

I think this really bothers a lot of us, particularly in the US. (snip) To a lot of us, the DOC's support garments make her look unkempt and uncaring about her appearance. It's about on the same level as if she had not bothered to comb her hair.

I think you might have hit on another cultural difference here. I suspect Camilla's teeth don't appeal to our US friends, either. Here the US obsession (yes, I consider it is an obsession) with straight, white, teeth is considered to be a bit of a joke. You won't see a prominent US actor or television presenter with other than perfect, white, teeth, but it's not unusual to see a British actor of considerable renown with teeth in a natural colour, and some if them even sport quite uneven choppers. Different attitudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom