The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 5: November 2012 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful in the court dress. Love the lace top and the pleating where it started really does flatter her. do think the drooping has improved considerably.
She wears the Greville tiara beautifully. She looked great, the best of the four of them by far!

Hardly....go to any bridal salon! Elderly matronly bride in pure white ball gown is not a flattering look on either Camilla or QE.

Just a question ---at these state ceremonies does the queen and female members of the royal family have to wear uninterrupted white. I only ask because I was looking back at state opening of parliament videos from 1950s 60s and 1981 and everyone was in uninterrupted white including when Diana in 1981.

I know for my social organizations on formal occasions like installations , inductions, and funerals , we have to wear on interrupted white.

Just a question ---at these state ceremonies does the queen and female members of the royal family have to wear uninterrupted white. I only ask because I was looking back at state opening of parliament videos from 1950s 60s and 1981 and everyone was in uninterrupted white including when Diana in 1981.

I know for my social organizations on formal occasions like installations , inductions, and funerals , we have to wear on interrupted white.

I think the Queen always wears White for occasions such as state banquets, state opening of parliament etc. This she she wore her Diamond Jubilee State Gown. Presumably the formality of the event enables the ladies in waiting and this year Camilla to follow suit.
I suppose it's abit like saying does Prince Philip always have to wear his uniform or the peers their robes!

I think the Queen always wears White for occasions such as state banquets, state opening of parliament etc. This she she wore her Diamond Jubilee State Gown. Presumably the formality of the event enables the ladies in waiting and this year Camilla to follow suit.
I suppose it's abit like saying does Prince Philip always have to wear his uniform or the peers their robes!

In this picture, the dress does not look white-white. I understand that it is an old B/W, but compare it to the white shirts in the crowd.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/07/article-2097590-02AC75A5000005DC-777_634x406.jpg

And here it is yellow
http://im.ft-static.com/content/images/b3293a3e-3d8f-11e1-8129-00144feabdc0.img

Jack - I found this. The opening of Parliament is a white or gold event for the Queen.
I hope you enjoy the old pics (and think you will). I did!
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Flashback: The State Opening of Parliament

Last edited by a moderator:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The grey green coat / dress emerged again today in Exeter when Camilla inaugurated the Devon County Fair. This ensemble first premiered in NZ last year, and has since been seen in Middlesborough, Amsterdam and again today.

I love it! Especially the hat. :flowers:

If I am not mistaken, the hat dates back to 2006, and has been used every so often previously. I think the last outing was last summer.

According to the Express Camilla was at a Memorial service at St Pauls today. Repeat outfit but it seems to be fitting better. And she looks lovely.

The Duchess of Cornwall proves she's as stylish as ever in matching monochrome | Royal | News | Daily Express

Agreed, the navy Bruce Oldfield coat works very well for Camilla. She has used it on a number of occassions in the last year including at the trip to Fortnums, at Easter 2012 and in Canada.

Interesting that Camilla is increasingly now turning to Bruce Oldfield for her clothes. Has she moved on from Anna Valentine?

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, looked all right. The pearl choker is the best part of the ensemble. The tights should have been a different colour though.

The Duchess looked marvellous @ both events today, and has really upped her game in recent weeks.

Long may this winning streak continue !

Her Royal Highness did look good at the Garden Party today.

Speaking of Queen Mary, for some reason, I see the DoCw pulling the big guns out of the jewel vault in the future on more of a regular basis. At least I hope so. C 3 & 4 really need to come out more than every 20 years. It's not like they aren't paid for.

FYI not a memorial service but a thanks giving service for the charity WVRS

I honestly believe Camilla looks so much better now than she did before her marriage to Charles. Her complexion is brighter, her clothing is more flattering and she seems more at ease.

I really like Camilla's garden party outfit. That's a beautiful brocade coat and I love when she wears her feathered 3 Musketeers hat. She excels wearing those large plumy hats. All she needs is a rapier and cloak to complete the look!

Her clothes, by and large are awful, sometimes she looks wonderful and she does. They spend a king's ransom on her and she didn't before her marriage. To her credit, she didn't care. And she does, TLLK, than she did before her marriage, because they have spent huge sums of money outfitting her, not well, working on her teeth, her make-up or lack thereof and trying to give her style. Queen Mary had bearing, sorry, she doesn't have that and Queen Mary could wear a ton of jewels and look great, not Camilla. Perhaps, the times.

Oh dear, not the prison uniform again......

Afraid so. Wide horizontal stripes across the bosom are not anyone's friend.

Wow. HRH is very reminiscent of Queen Mary. Which isn't a bad thing. I think she looks marvellous!

Much, much, much better. Though outshone by Catherine in the sunny yellow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, not the prison uniform again......

That coat would be so lovely if it didn't have those awful white stripes. The style is flattering on the Duchess, however. The brocade coat reminds me of a bedspread (well, the print does), but I love the style of it. Lovely hat.

Gotta love her style even if you don't agree with her taste.

Flowers for a garden party.
Butterflies for a flower show.

The woman shows her whimsical personality through her dress.
(Don't have me started on her hats but then I'll have to go after all the women in the U.K.)

The navy and white works as a formal outfit, that is with a hat. So at St Pauls it works well!

But just as a coat (Fortnums last year), it just looks odd.

I thought she looked good at St Paul's and great at the Garden Party. Esp the HAT! :flowers:

Camila looks great in the dotted dress and blazer.

The girl in the back looks like her suitcase is really heavy.

That said, Camilla's outfit is wonderfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom