The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 5: November 2012 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets face it Cams has a "difficult" body. But i do think her last dresses (all from Bruce Oldfield i guess) are a major improvement from her first outfits with their low necklines. They are more structured and fitted too.

I'm glad the DM wrote a piece about Camilla's regalia today. It help give the readers some insight into what she was wearing and the history behind The Boucheron Tiara. Although they didn't mention that Camilla was wearing her Dames Grand Cross Royal Victorian Order sash and badge.

The Duchess looked very radiant today.

It's amazing to think that she attended today after all this time and I was so proud to see her at the State Opening looking truly regal. I don't know who her knew stylist is but give the man a Knighthood. HRH is looking wonderful recently.

This dress's fit is awful for HRH's body. Why on earth would she get a dress that is so fitted across midsection???

Also, until she gets a better bra, I'm just going to repeat: "droopy royal boobs."

I thought Camilla looked wonderful today. The dress is very nice and of course the diamonds are to die for.

I am not sure i have ever since Camilla lookking quite so regal as she did today.

Personally, I accept without question the size and shape of the decolletage of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, not to mention the rest of her body. I'm not sure it is proper form to go about publically commenting in a negative way something that clearly does not wish to be changed.

Personally, I accept without question the size and shape of the decolletage of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, not to mention the rest of her body. I'm not sure it is proper form to go about publically commenting in a negative way something that clearly does not wish to be changed.

Clearly she doesn't want to change it, but that doesn't take away from her décolletage looking rather déjected.

Also, Arthur the anteater would also look regal in gloves and diamonds, so I'm not going to give Camilla extra points for that.

The white colour is not particularly flattering on Camilla's, Duchess of Cornwall, figure. It appears to make her look bigger. She is not graceful or dainty to pull such pure white colour off.
I agree with TRF members noting that she needs to find better shapewear.

Last edited:
Your way with words never fails to impress me, Al_bina. I so agree with you and your comments. Perfectly stated, as usual.

Camilla did look good - way better than The Queen who looked old, tired and ill.

I love the dress- very elegant, and divine even though Camilla needs a better bra.

Last edited:
Royal fashion has its pitfalls. Camilla has ladies in waiting and a dresser and she still gets it wrong sometimes.
Makes me appreciate Catherine doing it herself ans buying off the peg.
I think Camilla or, for that matter Catherine, could find it hard to buy a "regulation" White Court Dress off the peg. :whistling:

I love the dress- very elegant, and divine even though Camilla needs a better bra.

I agree, and speaking from personal experience, finding undergarments that fit right is a pain the neck, and sometimes, no matter what you do, it just doesn't work the way you'd like. I give Camila props for going with what is more than likely comfortable at this point. I love the dress, and the jewels. She looked truly majestic.

Royal fashion has its pitfalls. Camilla has ladies in waiting and a dresser and she still gets it wrong sometimes.
Makes me appreciate Catherine doing it herself ans buying off the peg.

I do not think Camilla has ladies-in-waiting. Does anybody know any better?

I think Camilla or, for that matter Catherine, could find it hard to buy a "regulation" White Court Dress off the peg.

Oh like Mary and Mette Marit just try the new H&M conscious collection :p

I think Camilla or, for that matter Catherine, could find it hard to buy a "regulation" White Court Dress off the peg. :whistling:

Hardly....go to any bridal salon! Elderly matronly bride in pure white ball gown is not a flattering look on either Camilla or QE.

Hardly....go to any bridal salon! Elderly matronly bride in pure white ball gown is not a flattering look on either Camilla or QE.

I always thought white lace was for babies and brides only.

The dress appears to be a light cream. The white/cream lace dress seems to be the norm.

Queen's Speech: Immigration crackdown, boosts for business, help for pensioners and HS2 as Prince Charles attends first Queen's Speech for first time in 17 years | Mail Online

The bra might be built into the dress or she has on a strapless and for her bosom size it might not be enough support.

She needs a girdle until she loses some of the tummy.

I don't think she has any ladies in waiting, just 1 or 2 parttime assistants.

She needs a fulltime dress designer who can tailor her clothes as her weight fluctuates or make new clothes for important events or overseas travel.

Or, she could do what the rest of us do...get on the treadmill a few hours a week. Fat is no respecter of titles!

May 9, 2013 - Camilla in a navy dress with a white collar.

The fit looks good on her but the hem looks added to make it slightly longer IMO.

Full view

Oh dear the polish schoolgirl uniform is back in 2013 ...

May 9, 2013 - Camilla in a navy dress with a white collar.

The fit looks good on her but the hem looks added to make it slightly longer IMO.

Full view

Navy dress with white collar. Odd bit on hem, lining showing? :sad: Lovely smile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom