The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today the Duchess of Cornwall has worn her lovely butterfly dress again (at the start of the cycling road race during the 2012 London Olympic games) this time together with a white jacket:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Yesterday, July 27, for the games' opening she has chosen a nice look in creme white:

** Full view **

She looks ok...but I really wish she'd wear something with color, she looks better with color.

LaRae

Really like the heart shaped union flag brooch worn for the road race. And like the outfit for the opening ceremony, especially the shoes.

I like the butterfly dress but I wish she had worn a different pair of shoes. The opening ceremonies outfit is just okay... I also wish she had worn something more colorful. Love her shoes!

Finally! A royal woman who doesn't feel the need to plaster herself in her nation's unflattering training gear.

Finally! A royal woman who doesn't feel the need to plaster herself in her nation's unflattering training gear.

That is a good thing given how absolutely awful the Stella McCartney designed British uniforms are.

Did the Duchess cut her hair? It looks a bit shorter. The butterfly dress is a lovely dress, I can see why the Duchess loves it so much. However, I agree with wanting to see more colour. Maybe she should get things she likes in different colours lol, that is what I do.

I really liked both outfits. The cut of both worked great on the Duchess. And the Union Jack pin was just plain fun. Way to go Camilla.

I love the butterfly dress and the outfit for the Opening Ceremonies. Both were simple, but elegant, and of course the Union Jack pin added a nice patriotic touch, without going overboard. Nicely done, Your Highness.

.Yesterday, July 27, for the games' opening she has chosen a nice look in creme white:

** Full view **

Fabulous - pure elegance. Love the look of the fabric. Looks luscious. Her hair looks perfection. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cornwall attended a service commemorating news gatherers who have died in the conflicts of the 21st century on October 22.
She wore the blue dress with white collar and cuffs (aka Soviet School Uniform dress). I wish someone would accidentally burn it already!
- Complete look
- Close up

On October 19, Camilla visited Marlborough Town Hall where she encountered two adorable surprise guests - Gus and Louis Lopes.
She wore a nice, sensible tweed suit. I don't particularly care for it, but at least it's not the blue dress. Pictures courtesy of Iceflower:
- Complete look
- Close up

Last edited:
The blue dress would look much better if it was tailored to fit better.

The Duchess of Cornwall attended a service commemorating news gatherers who have died in the conflicts of the 21st century on October 22.
She wore the blue dress with white collar and cuffs (aka Soviet School Uniform dress). I wish someone would accidentally burn it already!
- Complete look
- Close up

On October 19, Camilla visited Marlborough Town Hall where she encountered two adorable surprise guests - Gus and Louis Lopes.
She wore a nice, sensible tweed suit. I don't particularly care for it, but at least it's not the blue dress. Pictures courtesy of Iceflower:
- Complete look
- Close up

That dress is one horrible choice of attire. It doesn't fatter the Duchess (though the shade of blue is indeed quite nice). I agree; it should be burned and the sooner the better. The suit is definitely preferred to the horrid dress, but like you, I'm not too partial to it. It's sensible and suits the occasion, but that's about it.

It is not "fashion", they are clothes. She, really, is not fashionable. Some things she wears are nice, mostly utilitarian. She tends to look frumpy and older than she is. I can say that, because I am older than she is and would never dress like that.

Pretty dress from Bruce Oldfield, last seen in Norway for the royal dinner.
Looking very very good tonight !

She looks lovely tonight. Are those new jewels she's weaing? I've never seen her wear this amethyst necklace.

I absolutely love this look on Camilla. Deep purple is definitely a good color on her. I also favor the amethyst jewels over the turquoise that she's worn previously. All in all, a winning outfit.

Boring. She couldn't do anything with her hair?

:previous: Well, it's a little short to braid, or do in a chignon or other type of up do, so what do you suggest?

Love that deep plush amethyst coupled with the necklace. A great match.

Her hair looks fine, the gown looks fine and the new jewelry looks better than the turquoise jewelry she plopped on the last time.

Love the whole look, and the shade of purple is absolutely divine. Very nicely done, Your Highness.

I love that color of purple and I love the shape of the dress, but the velvety fabric I don't like.

On a night when there were some truly dreadful examples of bad taste in evening gowns ( check out some of the pics in the Daily Mail gallery:eek:), I thought this was an exquiste choice for the Duchess complemented by some wonderful jewels.

MARG said:
:previous: Well, it's a little short to braid, or do in a chignon or other type of up do, so what do you suggest?

Her hair looks its straight from the 1970s. It's also not that short, so she could wear an updo or chignon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom