The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A light blue colour became Duchess of Cornwall well. The style of a suite is all right. Her smile, on the other hand, appears forced.

The blue suit looks great style and color-wise. It adds a bit of color when she's wearing her beige trench coat (which is also very lovely on her). I'd love to see the details on her brooch, since I don't believe I've seen her wear it before. As to the undergarment issue, sometimes, women with a certain body type have problems finding proper support even with the best possible brands (and custom-made may not be any better). I speak from personal experience, and I bet Her Highness is well aware of of what she needs, but is not able to find it (or is tired of searching and feels that comfort is the best way to go).

Sorry, I am older than Camilla and my sister is, too. We dress and look a whole lot better. My sister is thinner and I wear proper foundation garments. Unfortunately, Camillla looks older than she should, partially, because she sags everywhere. On the other hand, if she is happy, who cares.

Actually, I don't think there is any humour whatsoever in what you say, or indeed, how you say it. What you do is lampoon the wearer, which is a personal attack. Of all the sheer scope for ridicule over this weekend you have saved the personal for Camilla and when called on it you have resorted, once again, to personal ridicule.

When people say they don't like an outfit they may say the colour is wrong, the style is not flattering, etc. You say she looks like an unmade bed or a lumpy potato. Can you not see the difference.

What am I saying! Of course you can and that is what wrong.

I'm sorry...please point out to me 'the sheer scope of ridicule over this week' which I have saved for Camilla. I said that she was in need of better undergarments and looked like an unmade bed. The silver on top of it highlighted the situation, as you have heard from 15 posters other than me.

And in fact of law, a perfect defense of libel or slander, is the truth. If she is shaped like a lumpy potato or an unmade bed, it is simply an observation of fact. But whatever, I'll leave you to your worship.

Sorry, I am older than Camilla and my sister is, too. We dress and look a whole lot better. My sister is thinner and I wear proper foundation garments. Unfortunately, Camillla looks older than she should, partially, because she sags everywhere. On the other hand, if she is happy, who cares.
^^ ITA dear countess. And for those of you out hyperventilating, here is yet another member wh had exactly the same thing to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO some of the outfits that Camilla has worn (particulary during the Jubilee celebrations) were between good, okay and not my cup of tea (the gold brocade coat dress for one) but the main issue that I have with Camilla's clothes is that sometimes they do nothing for her.

Now, she is a 64 year old woman and I totally get that she might not want to wear restrictive undergarments but sometimes it does look like she needs a little more support. But more importantly, if she doesn't want wear the SPanx and what not, can she at least wear clothes that compliment her figure. She is not a big woman, but these boxy clothes that she wears does nothing for her figure!

Now I was watching highlights of the Jubilee celebration with my mother this past week and she is NOT a fan of Camilla's, but she said something that I totally agree with. She said, "Say what you want about the woman, she wears some bad (as in good) hats! They are always edgy without being just ridiculous." And that without a doubt is the truth.

I just wish she would be put the same effort in some of her wardrobe choices as she does with her hats. Quite frankly, when I look at Camilla I am always hoping that its a new hat because I know it won't disappoint.

If it is large enough, we may never need to discuss her fashion again dear Zonk!

really nice look. Blue - especially robins egg and sky blue are the best colors on her. She also looks nice in navy or deep purple.
Very pale colors sometimes make the DOC looked washed out.

I have mixed feelings on the gold coat and dress. I liked the color not the pattern. But I also think the gold was over powering on her skin colon.

The Duchess of Cornwall at the Royal Cornwall Show in Wadebridge on June 7, 2012, wearing a
nice female suit in light blue and a nice matching scarf:

** Full view with trench coat ** Full view ** Upper part **

i agree with Zonk. It is the boxiness of many of the suits and coats that is the problem. When she wears clothes that are more tailored she looks thinner and more elegant. I know she has a designer. Why do they keep putting her in these ill fitting outfits.
I think on some of the outfits she looks more top heavy and lumpy because of how the outfit is cut. It looks like sometimes a good bra and sometimes not.
She really isnt a big woman--I know when I was heavier I would wear sizes 2-3 sizes bigger because I didnt want my clothes looking hootchie mama tight. But I just wind up looking bigger and messy. One of my mentors pulled me aside and told me to get some clothes that fit my size. It made all the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
The key for Camillia's clothes is good tailoring. Things need to be tailored to her figure. That probably means that she can't wear clothes off the rack. Hence, more expensive.

The blue suit looked very nice on Camilla and I think it fit her better.

The blue suit is great for her, and I agree with everyone :)

The Duchess of Cornwall at the start of a campaign at Hyde Park, London on June 14, 2012, looking good in blue:

** Full view ** Upper part **

And yesterday with her dots dress and a jacket at the House Mill in Stratford, London:

** Full view **

Blue is definitely Camilla's colour.
The jacket is especially flattering.

These are two nice styles on her; I really like the pleated, flared skirt of the blue suit and the detailed seams. It seems more figure hugging and very flattering to her shape and the color is wonderful on her. I just don't care for the color shoes; maybe more of a bone would have looked better to me. The black and polka dot outfit would have looked nicer with another pair of shoes; she's wearing the same ones and they just don't complement the outfit too well. They stick out too much and not in a good way, IMO.

Last edited:
I simply love the light blue outfit on Camila. Blue is very becoming on her. I will agree with Baroness of Books in regards to Camila's shoes yesterday; they stuck out like a sore thumb and didn't go with the rest of the look. The dark blue blazer and the polka-dotted skirt were very nice, but I will say that the first thing I noticed when I looked at that picture were the brown shoes. Definitely not a good choice of footwear color.

She has been wearing those odd colored shoes quite a lot lately, along with that same colored clutch. I just don't care for either one of her choices. I believe that this is her idea of bone or nude color that go with everything. She needs to put these accessories away for a change...

She has been wearing those odd colored shoes quite a lot lately, along with that same colored clutch. I just don't care for either one of her choices. I believe that this is her idea of bone or nude color that go with everything. She needs to put these accessories away for a change...
I actually really like those tan shoes. The colour is a bit unusual (not your typical nude shoes), but they appear to be incredibly comfortable - and at her age, that's probably the most important thing for Camilla. Don't care much for her preferred clutch of late.

The blue version reminds me of smocks we had to wear over our clothes in school when I was little in Poland. I'll try to find a picture of one. Maybe someone else will be familiar because I think similar ones were worn in other communist countries.

The blue version reminds me of smocks we had to wear over our clothes in school when I was little in Poland. I'll try to find a picture of one. Maybe someone else will be familiar because I think similar ones were worn in other communist countries.
It does remind old school uniforms; I remember seeing pictures of my mother in one.

- Soviet school uniform
- Three versions of uniform (for boys, girls and pioneer girls)

It does remind old school uniforms; I remember seeing pictures of my mother in one.

- Soviet school uniform

Ours were blue with round white collars. They weren't uniforms in the same was as the Russian ones. We wore them over our regular clothes to keep them clean. I still can't find color pictures!

I'm going to jump into this conversation, if I may. I am in my thirties, and believe me I'm totally sympatize with the Duchess if in fact she is experiencing some of what I am.

Having a large upper body(so to speak) is NOT easy. Finding the right bra is HELL. Even when you do find something that is all right, your clothes still does not hang right on your body. I have to try on sometimes more than ten before I find one. It is frustrating!

At various times in my life I have seriously considered a breast reduction.

Having said that, I do like some of the clothes she wears, I think it's due to the cut of the dress or jacket. She also looks great in pant suits or trouser suits as the British i think call them.

(I apolgize to the men on the board lol)

:previous:
Very well put, cdngirl! :flowers:
I can empathise with Camilla's "problem" as well; it's real hell sometimes, especially if you happen to be a sporty and athletic person.

Ours were blue with round white collars. They weren't uniforms in the same was as the Russian ones. We wore them over our regular clothes to keep them clean. I still can't find color pictures!
Couldn't find coloured pictures as well, but here is a black and white one; it does look a lot like Camilla's dress.
As they say, everything new is well forgotten old. :)

I can empathise with Camilla's "problem" as well; it's real hell sometimes, especially if you happen to be a sporty and athletic person.
:)
As do I. I have often longed to have a breast reduction/lift, particularly when riding, golfing, etc. My solution, which I suggest to all to try is I wear the tightest underwire, full coverage sports bra available. When I was pregnant I even wore one to sleep. I would suggest it to Camilla as well (obviously not the pregnant part). Otherwise we will all have the 'top' around the 'middle' in short order if you know what I mean.

- Soviet school uniform

Oh, the horrors :eek:! Brought back memories of my primary school days back in USSR. Looking at these pictures now, I realize how absolutely ugly these things were. As for Camila's dress, not liking this light version either.

I'm going to jump into this conversation, if I may. I am in my thirties, and believe me I'm totally sympatize with the Duchess if in fact she is experiencing some of what I am.

Having a large upper body(so to speak) is NOT easy. Finding the right bra is HELL. Even when you do find something that is all right, your clothes still does not hang right on your body. I have to try on sometimes more than ten before I find one. It is frustrating!

At various times in my life I have seriously considered a breast reduction.

Having said that, I do like some of the clothes she wears, I think it's due to the cut of the dress or jacket. She also looks great in pant suits or trouser suits as the British i think call them.

(I apolgize to the men on the board lol)

You have just described my upper body situation. It's indeed h*** when it comes to shopping for clothing (shirts/blouses/sweaters more than anything else), and finding the right undergarment is a nightmare (I did find one that brand that works, but it costs a fortune and a half, but when you come to a point where there's no other way, money becomes a non-issue, though it is very frustrating :bang:). I think Camila dresses well, and like the rest of us, has days where she wears something that doesn't look too flattering (we've all been there). However, more often than not, I find that I like what she has chosen. It's not easy to find something off the rack when you're top-heavy.

Recycling the Jubilee concert outfit today :

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03RZe4I0GIct7/x610.jpg

Working well with the hat of another outfit.

I wonder whether Kate and Camilla decided to colour-coordinate their looks, or it was a mere accident.
I like the colour of the suit, but the design leaves me cold. Glad to see the re-appearance of that choker though; it's been a while since she wore it.

Couldn't find coloured pictures as well, but here is a black and white one; it does look a lot like Camilla's dress.
As they say, everything new is well forgotten old. :)
Thank you for sharing your interesting school uniform memories and images. Putting what we would call a Peter Pan collar onto a navy shirt:eek:no wonder the image of Camilla in a longer version of the same startles me

For today's Order of the Garter ceremony, the Duchess of Cornwall chose a cream dress with light pink long jacket, lovely pink hat and nude heels.
She looks wonderful!

- [URL="http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/18/article-2161129-13AB1803000005DC-563_964x1172.jpg"]Complete outfit 1
[/URL]- Complete outfit 2 (where you can properly see the colour of the jacket)

Oh, and I absolutely adore her pink topaz choker - my favourite from her (impressive) collection.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5tk31CLKH1r8thv5o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall in cream outfit at today's Order of the Garter ceremony.
- Complete outfit

This is a lovely outfit from a few years ago, when it made its debut at Ascot, and Camilla used it once again for the Trooping in a subsequent year. I am glad to see it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom