The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Camilla has a tendency to look better when she is out of the country. Her clothes are more colorful and more tailored. This look is too much like what she wore for William's wedding ....always cream (not flattering) coat dress or some variation thereon. Same old hair, same old big hat, same old Camilla. I have seen her look much better in other colors....blue, periwinkle, purple, etc

This is a lovely hat, and I like the subtle pattern on the sleeves. I have a feeling we'll see this hat fairly often; it's a good all-rounder and could be paired with lots of different colours.
I think Camilla looks absolutely wonderful. The straw gold is really a good colour for her. It gives her face warmth and flatters her overall complexion. The sort of woven effect on the arms and inside her coat collar is really chic and the addition of darts give is a fitted elegance that has been, perhaps, a little lacking in some of her more recent ensembles.

I really love the style of the coat and dress ensemble with it's fitted top and flare and movement in the skirt. It is very feminine and flatters her legs which, incidentally, are very trim. Her marvellous new confection (aka "hat") is just that, marvellous. She really has got the "off the face" look sorted in her own unique style.

When she first arrived I notice she was also wearing gloves which is something she doesn't do as a rule . . . did she get a sneak weather forecast preview I wonder?

To be honest, I like this ensemble better than William 's wedding ensemble. It seems more elegant in some way.

Like Camilla's ensemble at the jubilee concert much better. She looks great with some color, even if it isn't a vibrant color.

Camilla's ensemble at the concert reminded me of Cinderella! Lovely!

Here's a pic of the mentioned outfit at the concert yesterday, no full view pic yet:

** Upper part **

Camilla looks great as always , but i think her choose of Philip Treacy's creation don't give as any addition on her style , both hats of the river pageant t and of the service looks similar for me !!!

I love the coat, the shoes and the clutch.
The over-sized hat, however, is somewhat distracting.

I think Camilla suits a hat with a brim that sweeps up like that. It's a technique that the Queen uses too so people can always see her face.

Both the hats Camilla's worn this weekend are simple enough to be used worn in future with a whole range of colours which is smart thinking on her part.

I love what Camila wore to the Thanksgiving Service.

Sorry, but while Camilla's style at the pageant was quite appealing, this shiny metallic coat with its very loud pattern plus oversized hat combines to a look which is far from elegant; actually, it borders a bit on the bizarre.
Not a fortunate choice for this occasion.

This colour is amazing on her,
although I don't like the pattern on her coat,
a little too much IMO,
she's wearing that lovely necklace again

This colour is amazing on her,
although I don't like the pattern on her coat,
a little too much IMO, she's wearing that lovely necklace again

It's a magnificent choker which Camilla first wore this year, during visit to Scandinavia.
You can read a bit more about it here (second part). :)

The pattern of her coat gives me a headache. :bang:

I have to say that I also liked Camilla's flotilla outfit better than this one. This hat is too supersized and overwhelming, and I didn't liked the loud crosshatched pattern on her suit. But I did love her pearl choker!

A very bold and magnificent choice to wear - the hat is fabulous and the coat is amazing. The pattern is unusual and different so it's a case if you either love it or hate it!

A very bold and magnificent choice to wear - the hat is fabulous and the coat is amazing. The pattern is unusual and different so it's a case if you either love it or hate it!

I think I hate it!
It's too overwhelming for Camilla, although I can see it might look striking on a model who is 6 feet tall.
The hat is very large, but she seems to favor such headgear, so it's fine. But a solid coat would be more attractive.

I liked the hat and gloves. The rest of Duchess' of Cornwall outfit is unflattering.

Funny because I think she looked sensational. I love the pearl choker, the colour of her dress (it was a very shiny material and looked better when she moved) and her hat.

Funny because I think she looked sensational. I love the pearl choker, the colour of her dress (it was a very shiny material and looked better when she moved) and her hat.
I thought the coat looked gorgeous on TV - it shined, dazzled and gave a very regal feel. However, still images are quite unflattering; Camilla looks positively dowdy in some pictures. The hat felt too big to me either way.

Sorry, but while Camilla's style at the pageant was quite appealing, this shiny metallic coat with its very loud pattern plus oversized hat combines to a look which is far from elegant; actually, it borders a bit on the bizarre.
Not a fortunate choice for this occasion.

Absolutely agree with you. What she wore last night was beautiful. Today's coat dress for the service at St. Paul's has to be one of the worst things she has ever worn. Really unfortunate. Looks like a pattern from something from a sofa cushion or a set of drapes back in the 60's. Same old variation on cream or beige, same old oversized hat. Positively dowdy and uninspiring.

I think Camilla has a tendency to look better when she is out of the country. Her clothes are more colorful and more tailored. This look is too much like what she wore for William's wedding ....always cream (not flattering) coat dress or some variation thereon. Same old hair, same old big hat, same old Camilla. I have seen her look much better in other colors....blue, periwinkle, purple, etc

Some posts before I expressed the opposite! I always feel she looks best at home. It's kind of neat to see someone feel the complete opposite.:)

As for the church service outfit, I expected worse after reading the comments first. It's not that bad. I think maybe she intentionally went for gold because the queen wore it the day before. Letting everyone know she's up to plate so to speak. I don't mean any of that in a negative way because I hope she will be queen consort.

Absolutely agree with you. What she wore last night was beautiful. Today's coat dress for the service at St. Paul's has to be one of the worst things she has ever worn. Really unfortunate. Looks like a pattern from something from a sofa cushion or a set of drapes back in the 60's. Same old variation on cream or beige, same old oversized hat. Positively dowdy and uninspiring.
The thought that came to me was of an unmade bed with a silver lame' bed-spread thrown over the mess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom