The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Photo by Paul Edwards - WPA pool/getty images. :flowers:
It is truley a perfect shot - it almost looks staged. i think that image will go down as a true classic. Among everything else, Sophies skirt is hanging perfectly with a little bit of swirl.

The Duchess of Cornwall at a meeting with the Dalai Lama today, June 20, wearing a nice recycled combination of dress and jacket:

** Full view **

The outfit is nice but totally ruined (for me) because there isn't a single piece of jewellery in sight. ;)

I think a see a glimmer of pearl earrings;) but I'm really surprised she didn't wear a brooch. I like the color of the outfit and the pattern, but think the jacket is a tad tight.

Last edited:
The chokers are completely different.
We are having a bit of discussion on that very topic in Camilla's Jewellery thread.
Have a look at these posts (post 1, post 2); they should answer your question. :)

Thank you for your response Artimesia and for directing me over to the jewellery thread (I hadn't seen it before).

I like the outfit, but like Artemisia, I do wish she wore some jewelry to liven it up a little.

The Duchess of Cornwall in creme white at a meeting with Aung San Suu Kyi at Clarence House today, June 21:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Wow, she is really hitting in out the park these past few days. I love this wrap dress. I liked it the first time she wore it also.

The Duchess of Cornwall in creme white at a meeting with Aung San Suu Kyi at Clarence House today, June 21:

Whilst I like the style of the creme dress, IMO the colour seems to leave her looking really washed out.

I think the Duchess looks fantastic.
I love both the colour and the style of the dress; it certainly suits Camilla.

It does suit her, it really compliment her I believe. Now, if we can only get her to change her hairstyle.

A different color would have been nice; I also think this cream color washes her out. But it's a nice style and I like her turquoise brooch.

This is such a flattering style on Camila. She looks great.

I like the style and am ok with the cream but I prefer a bit of a shade in her outfits. I think pastels suit her very well.

I would have liked a bit of a necklace given the neckline of the dress

A lovely look for the Duchess of Cornwall at the launch of her son's new cookbook in London today, June 27, 2012,

** Full view ** Close up **

and earlier today at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships:

** Full view **

I'm not very fond of the Wimbledon dress, it just doesn't sit right on Camilla's figure. Great bag though.
The dress from Tom's book launch is interesting but somewhat shapeless as well.

I like the top half of Camilla's Wimbledon's outfit, but it just bags badly at the waist and below. But I love her bag. The outfit for the book signing is just bleh.

I know this thread is about the dutchess's fashion style, which is fantastic; but I like to comment on her hair style, wouldn't it be fun to see her trying something more "up-to-date" (fresh looking)

I don't like either one of the outfits. Thy have little to no shape, and don't fatter Camila at all.

Definetely could do better and has done better. I'm not liking either outfit.

A different color would have been nice; I also think this cream color washes her out. But it's a nice style and I like her turquoise brooch.
Just as a segue, I had said earlier on the Garter thread, I dont understand the prediliction of the ladies of BRF wearing white/cream from head to toe. It's not an attractive look for anyone other than the bride at her wedding. When they are all together, I am reminded of the movie The Bachelor where all of the women dressed in white dresses chase the fellow down the hill. A jewel tone would be far more flattering, especially on a lady of a certain age and girth (QEII and Camilla) JMO.

A lovely look for the Duchess of Cornwall at the launch of her son's new cookbook in London today, June 27, 2012,

** Full view ** Close up **

and earlier today at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships:

** Full view **

I'm not very fond of the Wimbledon dress, it just doesn't sit right on Camilla's figure. Great bag though.
The dress from Tom's book launch is interesting but somewhat shapeless as well.

I actually think the dress she wore for Tom's book launch worked for her. Its not the best in her wardrobe, but certainly looked very nice. If I am not mistaken, the dress made its debut in Morocco last year.

As regards the dress she wore to Wimbeldon, I think the dress is just badly fitted and the colour does not work for Camilla at all. White works for her, but this stage of creme / beige just does not.

Just as a segue, I had said earlier on the Garter thread, I dont understand the prediliction of the ladies of BRF wearing white/cream from head to toe. It's not an attractive look for anyone other than the bride at her wedding. When they are all together, I am reminded of the movie The Bachelor where all of the women dressed in white dresses chase the fellow down the hill. A jewel tone would be far more flattering, especially on a lady of a certain age and girth (QEII and Camilla) JMO.

Wearing white/cream at this time of year is actually very common. One need only look at Wimbledon where, even today, the players must wear mostly white, unlike at other tournaments where they can wear whatever colour they want. Tennis and cricket are the traditional British summer sports, and in both white or cream is worn almost exclusively.

The light colours are perfect for summer, particularly over the last few days when it's been incredibly muggy and warm with thunderstorms in the air. Wearing a flowing, loose light coloured dress is the best option in that sort of weather. It's no coincidence that Kate wore white to visit Wimbledon last year, and Camilla did something similar this year.

The Duchess of Cornwall at the official unveiling of the Bomber Command Memorial in London today - wearing a top, skirt and hat - in some way the hat looks a bit too voluminous for the rest of the outfit:

As usual she looks great....except the hat. Too much hat for a short sleeve outfit. :D

The Duchess of Cornwall at the official unveiling of the Bomber Command Memorial in London today - wearing a top, skirt and hat - in some way the hat looks a bit too voluminous for the rest of the outfit:

Not terribly impressed! I am afraid that IMO, the half sleeves, the seam across the bust and the awkward length of top just do not seem to work for Camilla in this instance.

Last edited:
I like the hat also, and I agree about the top, maybe it needs a jacket of some kind.

I actually thinks she looks great! And the hat, of course is simply Amazing!

My only negative comment is that I wish the outfit would be either a shade lighter. This is the type of cut she should wear more often, she is not a big woman but those coat dresses that she usually wears do nothing for her figure.

This is the type of cut she should wear more often, she is not a big woman but those coat dresses that she usually wears do nothing for her figure.

This is what I don't understand, you are absouletely right, she is NOT a big woman. She does such a disservice to her figure, and she has great legs. Show them off Duchess, don't be shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom