The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the shade of purple. It's very pretty, and looks becoming on Her Highness. I love the hat too.

It's a beautiful purple and it makes me remember when only royalty could wear purple. But back on topic, she looks very nice.

An absolutely outstanding shade of deep royal purple on Camilla and a beautiful style. The hat is magnificent on her as well; she wears the broad brims and whimsical embellishments so well. And I love the pansy brooch set; she always wears them with her purple outfits, it seems.

Last edited:
Great shade of purple on Camilla. She looked really nice.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely purple outfit for the Annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service.
She matched it with gorgeous purple hat, and lovely brooches.

I like the hat. I like the brooches. I like the color - so striking. Very nice. But I don't like the black collar - might it be velevteen? :sad: The 'buttons' across the chest. :argh: She's a braver one than I am, Gunga-Din. :D

:previous: I love the entire ensemble. The purple is magnificent and the hat is amazing! Now to those pesky buttons . . . . coming from a family of women with the same problem (except me . . . it was all given out by the time I arrived :lol:) I am amazed at such a neat and flat fit. Not one itty bitty gap or gape! Perhaps there is Velcro in between the buttons . . :ROFLMAO:

:previous: I love the entire ensemble. The purple is magnificent and the hat is amazing! Now to those pesky buttons . . . . coming from a family of women with the same problem (except me . . . it was all given out by the time I arrived :lol:) I am amazed at such a neat and flat fit. Not one itty bitty gap or gape! Perhaps there is Velcro in between the buttons . . :ROFLMAO:

Hmmm, not quite - there's a bit of a 'lift' there happening me cagey eyes do espy. Do we have a picture taken from the other side? This needs to be looked into. :p

Camilla wore a beautiful grey suit during a reception recognising women as agents of change, held at Kensington and Chelsea Town Hall.
She accessorised it with a pair of lovely brooches.

After the stunning purple, this is a bit dull look. Nevertheless, the outfit is very beautiful and elegant on its own.
Pictures were originally posted by iceflower in the Duchess of Cornwall thread. As always, thank you, iceflower! :flowers:

And another beautiful outfit from today. :)
The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely blue coat with matching scarf during the visit to The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery on 13 March .
Camilla has worn this outfit quite a few times before, including during a visit to RAF Halton on January 28, 2009.
Back then, she teamed the coat with a great pair of boots, but the scarf remained.

Last edited:
Camilla wore a beautiful grey suit during a reception recognising women as agents of change, held at Kensington and Chelsea Town Hall.

After the stunning purple, this is a bit dull look. Nevertheless, the outfit is very beautiful and elegant on its own.
Pictures were originally posted by iceflower in the Duchess of Cornwall thread. As always, thank you, iceflower! :flowers:

Camila looks fantastic yet again. I love the jewels she chose to wear with her suit.

Duchess of Cornwall's outfit at the Cheltenham Festival (photo courtesy of Iceflower):

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The coat is nice, but the horrid Paddington brown hat and boots do not accessorize well with her black gloves, black trim on her coat and her black/grey blouse. But I love that she's wearing her Prince of Wales brooch; after all, she is the Princess of Wales!

Last edited:
She either looks nice or awful. You just saw awful.

Not the best look, I'm afraid.
I particularly dislike the blouse; its pattern doesn't go well with the rest of the outfit.

Somehow, it all works for me...even the brown stuff. Might be the way my monitor displays the colors.

I love the coat, and the brooch. I think the boots would have looked better if they were in black. The hat...not so much.

i think she got dressed and then thought - maybe a warmer coat and changed coats. The coat looks great - it just clashes a bit with the rest of the look

And another beautiful outfit from today. :)
The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely blue coat with matching scarf during the visit to The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery on 13 March .
Camilla has worn this outfit quite a few times before, including during a visit to RAF Halton on January 28, 2009.
Back then, she teamed the coat with a great pair of boots, but the scarf remained.

Very nice gray outfit and a nice pinstripe to her jacket, and I love what looks to be dragonfly brooches. And that is a lovely powder blue coat she wore visiting the horse artillery; isn't that where the horse bumped her and she gave him a scolding?:lol:

Last edited:
Camilla wore a blue dress for the visit to The Dulwich Picture Gallery on March 15, 2012 in London, England. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales introduced Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge to the work of The Prince's Foundation for Children and The Arts.

I really dislike this dress; it looks too strict for my taste. The bag just doesn't go with the dress. Nice pearls though.

Last edited:
:previous: I love the shade of blue of Camila's dress, but that's about it. Her pearls are lovely though.

:previous:
The dress actually doesn't look as bad as I feared, at least judging by this picture.
Still, definitely not one of Camilla's best looks. I think she played it a bit too safe this time.

:previous:
The dress actually doesn't look as bad as I feared, at least judging by this picture.
Still, definitely not one of Camilla's best looks. I think she played it a bit too safe this time.

It still needs something though. It reminds me too much of the dresses that were a part of the school uniforms in USSR. They were brown instead of blue, but still extremely plain, austere and hideous.

Oh God, now that you mentioned it, it does look exactly like old Soviet school uniforms. I remember seeing school pictures of my mother wearing one of those!. :lol:

Last edited:
The blue dress is nice on her. Very suitable for her. It seems a good fabric.
Hate the dark black stockings, do not fit with the dress.

And that's either her slip showing or a satin trim on the hem. Pretty incongruous. I don't like the dark black stockings, either, she shoul have gone with flesh-toned. Altogether this gives a very austere, prim look.

Last edited:
Oh God, now that you mentioned it, it does look exactly like old Soviet school uniforms. I remember seeing school pictures of my mother wearing one of those!. :lol:

I wore that horror for three and a half years, along with those aprons. Seriously, Camila's dress hits too close to those memories. Didn't know they made that style of dresses still.

Heart Cams but i just HATE that dress. She wore it about 1000 times and i'm just tired of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom