The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tassles on the shoulders make the outfit look kind of costume-like.

Camilla's suit and hat have both been recycled on a number of occassions. I am not a big fan of the suit, it made its debut on the trip to Japan a few years ago. I think the hat works well for Camilla, she has the presence to wear hats like that well. Again, this hat been used consistently for a number of years now.

I like the suit and LOVE THE HAT! :flowers: Far and away so much better than those fascinators. ;)

Last edited:
I love your discription of the hat and you have really put your finger on that indefineable something!

She definitely wears it I really adore the big Edwardian-style picture hats she favours. They are definitely her thing and, what is even better is, that she has the "presence" to carry it off.

That is not to say that I do not like her style in fascinators. I love the fuller look she favours. She is not alone in her preference as both she and HM sported much the same style of headdress at the wedding of Peter and Autuum at what was, demonstratively, a "family" wedding.

Last edited:
Curtesy of iceflower, who shared these pictures on the Duchess's 'Current Events' thread.

The Duchess of Cornwall visited and opened the new Essex Sexual Assault Referral Centre at Oakwell Place, Brentwood.

BelgaPicture - Category details

Duchess of Cornwall's ensemble is quite lovely. Her suits made of tartan are usually smart and well-tailored. Plisse skirts are in vogue again.

Last edited:
I love the color!
Looks wonderful on her!

Loved the DOC's outfit for the Lady Joseph Trust reception.

She's looking great. Loved the black outfit and all others she has worn yesterday.

Yes, the fushia outfit yesterday was really pretty and stylish as well!

A wonderful butterfly outfit for the Duchess of Cornwall today, November 3rd in Johannesburg,
South Africa. It's elegant and fresh, I like it a lot!

Note that the hat is not part of the original outfit, she only tried it on ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

She looks great!The butterflies are cute!

More from the visit to the Zulu King at the Uludi Palace.

Camilla the African queen: Duchess goes bush with a dainty parasol while Charles goes for blazer and tie in 36 degree heat | Mail Online

I love Camilla's style! She looks cool and comfortable and really knows how to wield that a parasol to good effect. She looks far cooler than Charles. I also love that she has restricted her jewellery to her trade mark pearl earrings and the large stylised Remembrance Poppy. (Is that a sprig of myrtle attached?)

:previous:Yes, I agree about Camilla's look; that's a beautiful ice-blue coat in a nice lightweight material and I like the white slacks as well. Those are also huge pearl earrings! That parasol looks like something out of a Merchant-Ivory movie and she wields it with style. I can't identify the leaf on the poppy, but it certainly adds a nice touch.

:previous:Yes, I agree about Camilla's look; that's a beautiful ice-blue coat in a nice lightweight material and I like the white slacks as well. Those are also huge pearl earrings! That parasol looks like something out of a Merchant-Ivory movie and she wields it with style. I can't identify the leaf on the poppy, but it certainly adds a nice touch.

Good summary. Camila looks great and comfortable. I can't imagine being in that kind of heat in a stuffy and heavy outfit. The parasol was probably a godsend too in helping minimize the heat just a little.

The Duchess of Cornwall in Tanzania on November 7: I mostly like what she chooses, but this
time I'm undecided: the cut is great again, but the graphic print is too much in my eyes:

** Full view ** Upper part **

:previous: I love the cut and colour. It looks crisp, fresh and cool. As to the design, well now my eyes have adjusted I think I like it. Close up it's a little overpowering, but at a distance it looks great. ;)

This is a lovely ensemble. This is aprt of a collection of Asian inspired clothes that Camilla has, designed largely for their trips to the ME, South Asia and Islamic states. Camilla has gradually been adding to this range over the years, and will often wear some of these clothes in Europe as well. Some of these, including the ice-blue coat worn in SA, date back to 2006.

I like the way Camilla dresses. However, she does need a pair of grey shoes to go with the butterfly and swirly ensembles.

It looks as though the poppy is crocheted and that the leaf is felt.

I like the style of the outfit, but the print is a little strong. Perhaps if either top or bottom were in a solid color, it won't be as overwhelming.

The pattern looks like an optical illusion. Gives me a bit of a headache to look at, but I love that pearl necklace.

I love the print of her dress...Almost looks like Marimekko fabric...maybe it is?

I really like the dress she wore on her arrival in Tanzania at Dar Es Salaam Airport. The colour really suits her and I love that particular pearl necklace.
Photo from Getty Images

I agree, the white dress looks lovely. I suspect it is new as I do not think I have seen it previously.

And I loved the cut and colour of her evening gown for the State Dinner, and I think she is wearing her snake necklace, but I can't see her earrings.

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Arrives The State Dinner Hosted By The

Indeed. I think the blue evening gown is the same one Camilla first wore in Portugal in spring this year, and again at the evening reception at BP following the wedding of William and Catherine.

Prince Charles Pictures - Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles Visit Tanzania - Day 3 - Zimbio

The beige dress from the trip to Morocco earlier this year makes another appearance in Tanzania today

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
And I think that's the beautiful pearl choker with the pink center stone Camilla is wearing with the white dress.

Actually it was not the choker with the pink stone but the choker with the diamonds in the oxidised setting that Camilla was wearing. I think she has had this choker for the last 2-3 years.

I like this look. Simple and comfortable.

Agreed, very suitable for the climate.

Prince Charles Pictures - Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles Visit Tanzania - Day 4 - Zimbio

Another of Camilla's Asian inspired "coats" shows up again in Tanzania

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom