The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 15: June 2022 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to Cockington Court in Torquay today, July 20:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Look number two (and another great one) at an event to mark the the 40th anniversary of the Falkland conflict in Portsmouth later today:

Both great looks for Camilla. She seems to have settled on these styles for summer dresses in the last couple of years, and it all seems to work well for her.

I love her summer wardrobe and especially like that there is lots of green in it. It is an old myth about green being unlucky or some such. Camilla rocks it. As for the second dress in black and white? She looks amazing, there is something about the whole look that gives it an almost ethereal look. Just gorgeous.

Camilla has wonderful taste in clothes and, more importantly, wears them well. Has she a new dresser does anyone know? Whatever, from the beautifully dressed hair, earrings and dress, she is perfection.

The Duchess of Cornwall elegant at the QIPCO King George Meeting at Ascot Racecourse today, July 23:

** gallery **

The Duchess of Cornwall really seems to like this style of dress and are perfect for summer engagements.

The Duchess of Cornwall elegant at the QIPCO King George Meeting at Ascot Racecourse today, July 23:

** gallery **
Ahhh. . . . millinery with a capital "M", so I love her hat, it is definitely a hat to wear in the heat of summer, especially this summer. Her ensemble is, as always, a perfect match of dress code to engagement and she really makes it look easy.

The Duchess of Cornwall attended the Sandringham Flower Show 2022 today, July 27:

It looks like Camilla is really into beautiful fresh cotton shirtwaisters made even better by the gorgeous sateen finish. They look good, wash like a rag and iron like a dream. These days we are really going back to the future with natural fibres, linen, cotton, silk etc.

I don't know if any of you have rediscovered the sheer beauty (and coolness) of natural fibres but I definitely have and, when they are present, so too are irons and steamers. I am now practising the art of Zen Ironing and have found it is so restful and, when it comes to big items, meditating.

The Duchess of Cornwall at the opening ceremony of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games this evening, July 28, wearing her great jumpsuit again:

** Full view ** Full view ** November 2019 **

Last edited:
Had missed it previously, so a surprise to me but it works well!

I missed it too and would have to agree it works. Camilla looks crisp and confident and I am hoping she will become a frequent flyer with more variations to share with us.

The Duchess of Cornwall at the opening ceremony of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games this evening, July 28, wearing her great jumpsuit again:

** Full view ** Full view ** November 2019 **

Had missed it previously, so a surprise to me but it works well!

I missed it too and would have to agree it works. Camilla looks crisp and confident and I am hoping she will become a frequent flyer with more variations to share with us.
Great look. Camilla had used it in Aus / NZ in 2019,and then again, at the Platy Joobs concert last month in London.

I like that she is willing to try something different. It seemed perfect for this occasion.

I like that she is willing to try something different. It seemed perfect for this occasion.

I agree with you, but that long swath of navy blue fabric makes her look shapeless. But a jumpsuit on a future Queen? Heck, yeah!

A little early in the autumn for boots, but they go well with the coat. It’s a lovely shade and the coat looks cosy.

The Duchess of Cornwall visited the Antiques Roadshow at The Eden Project in Par today, September 6, wearing her floral print dress by Fiona Clare again:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
A little early in the autumn for boots, but they go well with the coat. It’s a lovely shade and the coat looks cosy.
I don't know about that, it seems that the royals often end up sitting under gorgeous blankets while laughing their heads off at something or other. It is a popular event on their holiday as evidenced by the way they wholeheartedly throw themselves into the event as evidenced by their sartorial choices. Camilla looks amazing in that jaunty beret and feather takes the ensemble from ho-hum to "I'm here to have fun" while the slight looseness of the coat could indicate a lighter weight of wool, either way, she looks to be both comfortable and apropos.

The Duchess of Cornwall visited the Antiques Roadshow at The Eden Project in Par today, September 6, wearing her floral print dress by Fiona Clare again:

Really lovely and perfect for early autumn.
That dress seems to be another favourite of the duchess!

You could never accuse the Duchess of being wasteful with clothes. She has a staple wardrobe of serviceable, attractive and apparently comfortable dresses which are appropriate for a range of engagements. When she needs to she can bring out the ‘statement’ outfits and certainly the bling! I think she’s a good role model for royals everywhere .

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom