The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 13: November 2019 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great dress, not too young, not too old. Perfectly worn !

Really very fit for this occasion. It shows elegance and respect for the customs.

I cant help it, I adore her style. It is unique to her, suits her and is unfailingly appropriate. In short Camilla is chic! She does not follow fashion per se but rather dresses in what she feels both comfortable elegant in and in doing so has created her very own individual style. Not unlike HM with her inimitable matching hat and plain coat over a floral dress and The Princess Royal who shops her own closet with enviable results.

Quiet, simple, beautiful outfit very fit for the opportunity.

Oh, I like that dress, she has worn it before.

The Duchess of Cornwall as Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles undertook her first visit to 5th Battalion The Rifles today:

** Full view ** Upper part **

And earlier this week she visited Berkshire Womens Aid:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall at the State Opening of Parliament today, May 11:

** Full view **

The DoC is very elegant, as usual. Is this a new coat? I like the styling at the waist very much and don't remember seeing it before.

Coat looks like it’s pulling, and shoes don’t go. Both coat and dress could use a good ironing.

The DoC is very elegant, as usual. Is this a new coat? I like the styling at the waist very much and don't remember seeing it before.

I do not recollect having seen the coat earlier.

Coat looks like it’s pulling, and shoes don’t go. Both coat and dress could use a good ironing.

The coat probably got a little crushed in the drive over from Clarence House. It must be the high cotton / linen content in the jacket that caused it to crease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of this outfit not sure if its the dress or boots or both together.

Is it cold in London? High suede boots seem a bit much in mid-May.

Is it cold in London? High suede boots seem a bit much in mid-May.

It must be cooler then usual, as I have seen many pictures of ladies with boots and what I call “heavy black tights, not thin nylons or pantyhose. Also many have been wearing coats. It has been chilly spring for some areas of the US so it could be in England too.

Just checked the weather…low 59 degrees F to a high of 57 degrees F…….with rain.

Being older, Camilla may get cold quicker then when she was younger.

And I do like her dress. She “stepped out of the box”, something different.

Weatherwise it's been a very cold and wet spring in Europe (what I have heard) and here in Germany for example some people even wear their winter coats. It's cold, wet and uncomfy and I can imagine in England, too.

Clotheswise its a big OY this time. I cant say I like it but on the other hand, why not? Camilla is usually very well dressed, so a miss from now and then is okay I think.

It must be cooler then usual, as I have seen many pictures of ladies with boots and what I call “heavy black tights, not thin nylons or pantyhose. Also many have been wearing coats. It has been chilly spring for some areas of the US so it could be in England too.

Just checked the weather…low 59 degrees F to a high of 57 degrees F…….with rain.

Being older, Camilla may get cold quicker then when she was younger.

And I do like her dress. She “stepped out of the box”, something different.
I do like Camilla's style. She is so practical with boots in the garden, even if the beds are raised, there is dirt and mud, etc. all around so if the weather is less than stellar boots are de rigueur.

Now, the dress is something else altogether. It is definitely not a style we have seen from her before and she always seems to have avoided using waisted dresses and certainly no boldly coloured and patterned materials. But this hits all the notes for me as the navy base colour and vibrant pattern. It may be cold but the ensemble makes a warm statement.

A new dress with a feather print for the Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to The Whittington Hospital in London today:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I think the style of dress does work for Camilla, for the slightly more casual type of engagements. Not convinced of the suitability of the boots or the colour and print of the dress for a nice spring day though!

Not a fan of todays outfit and not sure if its the boots/cape or both!

The outfit just doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom