The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 13: November 2019 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First maybe Camilla doesn't care that much about others' opinions and above all feels comfortable the way she dresses. Appropriate comes to mind.
Second Diana was like 20 something when she had this makeover. You just can't compare with a 70 years old woman.
I bet Camilla would be the first to laugh at the frivolous idea of a "Vogue" makeover. It's just not her.

Perhaps not Vogue, but perhaps it is time for her to relook at the relationship with Anna Valentine and Bruce Oldfield. Or perhaps, those two just need to have a rethink of what they make for Camilla.

Perhaps not Vogue, but perhaps it is time for her to relook at the relationship with Anna Valentine and Bruce Oldfield. Or perhaps, those two just need to have a rethink of what they make for Camilla.

Also, I'm not sure she has the dresser required for the role. Sometimes her clothes don't look crisply pressed.

First maybe Camilla doesn't care that much about others' opinions and above all feels comfortable the way she dresses. Appropriate comes to mind.
Second Diana was like 20 something when she had this makeover. You just can't compare with a 70 years old woman.
I bet Camilla would be the first to laugh at the frivolous idea of a "Vogue" makeover. It's just not her.

Well, what is appropriate for an ordinary woman of a certain age is not necessarily appropriate for a Queen. And I am reasonably sure that Charles would wish her to always look her best, not merely comfortable.
She deeply needs a freshening up, from her hair and makeup to her wardrobe.

IMO

I do agree that she needs to rethink her style- particularly for daytime, formal engagements. Of late, she seems to favour a lot of fussy pleats and ornamentation that doesn’t suit her figure. I would also love to see a slightly shorter, ‘bouncy’ hairstyle, her hair has looked a little limp and lacking shape recently. I used to like her style, but I agree it might be time to try some new designers.

I do agree that she needs to rethink her style- particularly for daytime, formal engagements. Of late, she seems to favour a lot of fussy pleats and ornamentation that doesn’t suit her figure. I would also love to see a slightly shorter, ‘bouncy’ hairstyle, her hair has looked a little limp and lacking shape recently. I used to like her style, but I agree it might be time to try some new designers.

As regards the hair, in recent years, especially for day time engagements, a lot more of it seems to cover her face, which I think makes her look older.

My opinion is that the evening time and gala outfits look good, but very "uniformish". Always white dress, Greville honeycomb tiara etc. No variation. But the Queen herself has also become like that the last 20 years...

Daytime, I like Camilla in pastel colours and suits, with pearls. Love her pearl chokers...

I think the red and the green outfits suit her extremely well. Classic without being boring.

I think the red and the green outfits suit her extremely well. Classic without being boring.

That green suit of hers is very becoming; the bits of satin trim define her figure nicely. I think she has something similar in brown. She might want to rethink wearing boots for an indoor event.

Camilla's green outfit is a little shapeless for me. It seems to be too baggy for her.

Duchess of Cornwall arrives to board a new electric double decker bus at Clarence House, to the London Transport Museum to take part in celebrations to mark 20 years of Transport for London today

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ctric-double-picture-id1210347757?s=2048x2048
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...ctric-double-picture-id1210347756?s=2048x2048

The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to Bousfield Primary School in London to celebrate World Book Day today

https://1.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:162222250:1800x650:w?v=5e5fe36c&m=njeghgip
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:162222292:1800x650:w?v=5e5fe36c&m=neolnjfb

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cornwall once again looking great in her red dress at the WOW Women Of The World Festival Grand Opening today:

** Full view **

The Duchess of Cornwall once again looking great in her red dress at the WOW Women Of The World Festival Grand Opening today:

** Full view **

I agree, this dress really works for her. Both the style and colour are very suitable for Camilla.

The color is lovely and that style of coatdress and hat seem to work quite well for her. I think I'd have gone with nude hose maybe but other than that the look is quite nice.

Très camilla-esque. I like it. Beautiful broche also.

The color is lovely and that style of coatdress and hat seem to work quite well for her. I think I'd have gone with nude hose maybe but other than that the look is quite nice.

Agree but I sure love that hat !

A nice look overall but those gloves...yikes. I realize that right now people, especially those of Camilla's age, need to be a bit cautious and gloves would certainly help with that when meeting lots of people and shaking lots of hands but surely there were better options in the glove storage cabinet?

Thank you, @eya. It did look familiar.
If I am not mistaken, that hat dates back to 2005 or 2006.

I think this is actually one of her newer hats from 2019.
https://royalhats.net/2016/01/28/inventory-duchess-of-cornwalls-blue-hats/

The Duchess of Cornwall at the annual reception on Commonwealth Day at Marlborough House in London this evening, March 9:
** Full view ** Upper part **

I also think she’s wearing different earrings for once and we can’t see them from her hair:sad:

Last edited:
Looking very elegant and every inch the duchess at the Abbey today.

I liked the navy outfit. I love her clutch bag. Unfortunately, it is out of my price range. The black velvet is pretty but I question the black leather gloves. Seems odd for an indoor engagement. At least she wasn't wearing that awful Alhambra set today.

I liked the navy outfit. I love her clutch bag. Unfortunately, it is out of my price range. The black velvet is pretty but I question the black leather gloves. Seems odd for an indoor engagement. At least she wasn't wearing that awful Alhambra set today.

Coronavirus prevention. The Queen held investitures with gloves as well.

Coronavirus prevention. The Queen held investitures with gloves as well.

It wasn't the gloves I questioned. It was the fact that they were leather. Leather gloves for me are to be worn when outside with a coat in cold weather. If you are going to be inside you would wear fabric gloves. QEII wore what looked like cotton gloves to the investiture.

It wasn't the gloves I questioned. It was the fact that they were leather. Leather gloves for me are to be worn when outside with a coat in cold weather. If you are going to be inside you would wear fabric gloves. QEII wore what looked like cotton gloves to the investiture.

Oh i see. Well i agree with you, leather looks a bit odd. But i do love the length of the gloves though ...

Camilla at the Commonwealth Service was amazing in what looked like navy silk. Loved the lively feathered hat.
She was gorgeous with the knot brooch and walking beside a very dashing husband who wore a lighter navy.

Camilla's dress reminded me of some flags of Commonwealth countries which feature the huge dark expanse of endless sky with twinkling stars..

Last edited:
Best dressed (although I didn't have a good look at Sophie) except for the gloves...

Yes she and Sophie best dressed. The leather gloves for the evening a no no. Perhaps very delicate white kid instead or cloth

Perhaps leather is less porous that cotton and certainly more fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom