The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 13: November 2019 - May 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla looks gorgeous in green! I think this might be one of my favourite looks from her this year so far.

The duchess looked very elegant in her emerald green at the war memorial at Balmoral Castle on VE Day.

She did. Absolutely wonderful and a continuing proof that we can all still wear well made and tailored clothes and not perpetually dress in elastic waisted track pants and orthotic white shoes when we reach 60.

ps: maybe we dig out our "special" brooches, earrings and necklaces while we're at it.

I love her shoes and the combination of the two colors, shoes and dress.

It does look like denim. I like the cut of the dress, but somehow the fabric looks a little casual for the engagement.

It does look like denim. I like the cut of the dress, but somehow the fabric looks a little casual for the engagement.

The style of dress has been used by Camilla many a time previously. I guess Camilla probably got away with the denim dress as it was a low key engagement outside, and the cut and style of the dress is quite formal.

By all reports the dress is indeed denim.

I like the dress. The style of the dress has a formal touch to it, even with the casual material of it. Works for the event especially outside.

I have to smile, denim is almost derigueur from the cradle and yet here we find it interesting, eye-raising, and questionable even even though her dress is itself is fresh and appropriate giving her an air if ordinary approachability.

I have to smile, denim is almost derigueur from the cradle and yet here we find it interesting, eye-raising, and questionable even even though her dress is itself is fresh and appropriate giving her an air if ordinary approachability.

In these parts, denim is certainly not uncommon, but hardly de rigueur in a work context. :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall in blue today, June 18:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** With a hat **

Not sure the ensemble does much for Camilla.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks OK to me from a distance but when I zoomed in, it looks a bit tacky & not very well made. It resembles a 'made-to-measure' challenge on an early round of The Sewing Bee. I love the huge hat. Very few could wear such a size but she always looks marvellous in them.

The outfit looked nicer with the hat on,the duchess always pulls off bigger hats.

The Duchess dress

By all reports the dress is indeed denim.

I like the dress. The style of the dress has a formal touch to it, even with the casual material of it. Works for the event especially outside.

I like the the dress as well, the shoes look good with it. :flowers:

It looks OK to me from a distance but when I zoomed in, it looks a bit tacky & not very well made. It resembles a 'made-to-measure' challenge on an early round of The Sewing Bee. I love the huge hat. Very few could wear such a size but she always looks marvellous in them.

I agree, the hat helps the dress.

I suspect this dress is by Bruce Oldfield. A lot of his designs for her seem to have features around the waist, not a part of the body I would always draw attention to for a lady in her 70s.

The cathedral outfit is stunning and totally suitable for the occasion.

Not sure if I'm a fan of this look from Camilla - her hat reminds me of an ostrich!

Not sure if I'm a fan of this look from Camilla - her hat reminds me of an ostrich!
A few years ago I was in a production of "My Fair Lady" and in the Ascot scene I wore a white hat very much like this. I actually told people I was channeling Camilla. :lol:

I do not think the style of hat would work for everybody, but I do think Camilla has the gravitas to carry off what, to me, is a very Edwardian look in a modern setting.

I adore Camilla's hats and this style seems to be a favourite as she has it in navy, white, pale blue an two more pastels I couldn't quite make out on my phone.

The Duchess of Cornwall in jeans and a jacket whilst guest editing the Emma Barnett Show on BBC5Live. Clearly this is her COVID 19 "smart casual" look!

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom