The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A great country look for Camilla - one that she's clearly fond of!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-24-2018, 06:28 AM
Majesty

^^^^^ Fond and warm! Spring and Autumn are notoriously chilly and somewhat unpredictable the 'Country' style works perfectly.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Very cozy, and with a matching skirt underneath. The hat is also predictable, since she seems to have variations of those in several colors. I always wonder what her hair looks like after she takes one of those off, since fake fur always tends to result in static and hat head for most people. Do royals suffer from "hat head"?
Old 11-24-2018, 10:35 PM
Courtier

At least they aren't identical - she does change her scarf! Seriously, it must be warm and comfortable and she looks good.

Ista, I loved your comment about "hat head". Supposedly, that is the reason, QEII doesn't wear a riding helmet.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:54 AM
Majesty

Well she must be the most expert hat hair exponent on the earth with every day a new colour and matching hat and then, of course, there are tiaras! I guess trotting around the park with a headscarf is the nicest, most relaxing pastime.

I love Camilla's practical approach to clothing, hot climate is a lot of local custom and at home, outside in the bitter cold its warmth over chic, but that is not to say she isn't stylish. Royal elegance she saves for those special occasions.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:48 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall looking lovely during a visit to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge today, November 27:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** December 2016 **
Old 11-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

That's a very becoming shade of blue on Camilla, and I like the shape of the coat--very becoming!
Old 12-05-2018, 01:29 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall at the Queen's Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace yesterday, December 4:

** Full view **
Old 12-05-2018, 02:04 AM
Royal Highness

Now that is a gorgeous gown on Camilla, quite her style and perfect with her tiara. From looking at the picture it seems that the color is set for all 3 ladies tonight, even HM looks great, and boy are the diamonds out tonight. Wonder who made Camilla's gown for those crystals down the front are making the gown sparkle when she walks I bet.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Administrator

By now I also found two upper part photos to enjoy

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part - Sleeves with crystals **

Today, December 5, the Duchess of Cornwall looked lovely in blue while visiting ICAP during the broker's 26th annual Charity Day in London:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 12-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Majesty

I think she looks great. She is dressing appropriately for her age, station and personal taste.

People are hating on this look, but to me, what is to hate? How else does a 70ish lady wear white evening wear fabric and not look like the Queen (because she has to be different) or look like a bride? White is tough.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Camilla looked beautiful last night. The white gown with crystals was gorgeous, and the shape suited her well.

I love the color of the blue suit, and the cut is flattering and appropriate. I'm less enthusiastic about the satin band at the hemline because is chops up the silhouette and makes Camilla look a bit stumpy, which she is not. It would have been better if the skirt were all the same fabric.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Administrator

At first view I thought so as well, but then I started to like it, as it renders a special touch..

Later today Camilla visited an Alfred Munning's exhibition at the National Army Museum in London:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Cape jacket January 2018 **
Old 12-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

I like that cape jacket. She wore it over her dress in the car on the way to last year's diplomatic reception.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

At first view I thought so as well, but then I started to like it, as it renders a special touch..

Later today Camilla visited an Alfred Munning's exhibition at the National Army Museum in London:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Cape jacket January 2018 **
Now that's lovely, and I'm not always a fan of cape jackets!

About your comment on the blue suit--yes, I have had that happen as well, where I have a strong negative reaction to a hat or outfit, and then when I look at it later I like it, so I know what you mean.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Wonder who made Camilla's gown for those crystals down the front are making the gown sparkle when she walks I bet.
It’s by Bruce Oldfield. She's worn it a few times before:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8e/cc...259e8a7c2c.jpg
https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress...rown-2-435.jpg
Old 12-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.