The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jacket is too bulky and emphasizes a longer waist which throws the proportion out of wack. The skirt is to girlish IMO.

I think that the magenta colour is great and looks wonderful with Catherine's dark hair, but I do think that the skirt is little-girlish.

I like this outfit, maybe the skirt looks a tad schoolgirlish, but I don't mind. I do wish she'd try out some new jewelry, though. Not sure why she chose to wear a watch. A pretty bracelet would have been better, IMHO, especially as the sleeves are a little short.

LOVE the color...the style is nothing exciting.

LaRae

Just saw from distance, looked like fiat dress. I actually liked it better as fiat dress. Seeing it up close see it us another peplum coat.

Honestly if it was a business day event, she should have just eith the red from earlier. They were so similar anyways.
I see your point. I thought that as well. But I'm thinking it might be like this. The first event was in the morning and the other in the evening. I assume she was in other clothes during the day at home. I know I would not stay in a suit for that long at home when not needed. And sure, she could have pulled it off and put it on again for the evening, but changing is just as logical in that case.

Love the style, hate the colour/pattern far too dark for her. Lighter colour would have been better.
Hair looks fabulous!

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The top particularly is so flattering to her. Hair is great too!

Are those new earrings??? Is that the Queens cuff on loan again, right wrist?

LaRae

Hate it , horrible pattern and frilly skirt The top doesn't suit her or her posture. Very disappointing

Sorry, this is a pass. McQueen is usually on point for her but the design is jacked off Erdem.

She looks fantastic :flowers:

I love the style of gown. It looks beautiful on her. The only thing I hate is the print, bit old fashioned for her.

Her hair is beautiful. So glad she went with a fantastic updo, the dress calls for it.

The earrings and bracelet give it a great added touch. I do wish she had added a necklace. With the bare shoulders, and the updo for once, a little bit if bling around her neck would be great.

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The top particularly is so flattering to her. Hair is great too!

Are those new earrings??? Is that the Queens cuff on loan again, right wrist?

LaRae

She previously wore the earrings in 2011, at the 100 Women in Hedge Funds charity dinner.

I would of liked to see a necklace too but she only seems to wear those for the big formal events it seems like. I don't think she's a fan of bling.

Thanks Miss Whirley, didn't remember them...very nice.

LaRae

Not mad about the gown but the hairstyle earrings and other jewels are beautiful,also the duchess wasn't too cold this evening!

Not crazy for the gown, but yes on the earrings and the bracelet! Can't see what shoes she's wearing, though. And the posture...oh please Kate work on the posture.

Hate it , horrible pattern and frilly skirt The top doesn't suit her or her posture. Very disappointing

The top part squeezes her, if that makes sense.

Other than that, nice hairdo and jewels.

Adore the style, but the pattern looks like curtains, or something. :ermm:

My teenage boys are soooo in love with Catherine. I think she looks gorgeous tonight and her dress and hair are on point.

Rudolph - the idea of your teenage boys and Kate is cracking me up - so thanks for that.

I hate tiers. They are one of the cliché choices of many US bridesmaid dresses. So icky!
But somehow this works for me. The sweep of the skirt from the back especially is excellent because of the tires are very well executed. And the pattern only adds to it.
Not everyone could/should wear this. Slim Kate gets away with it without looking like the lady on the prow of the ship. ;)
I'm so glad she did not try to out dazzle the actors with a beaded dress. And I like this on her a lot.
And I like the silly grin that Wills gets when she wears something that he obviously thinks looks good. It's an "I'm with her" grin. JMO

Tiers and old-fashioned floral prints are en vogue right now. I thought she looked great- a Southern Belle (US) look.

And I like the silly grin that Wills gets when she wears something that he obviously thinks looks good. It's an "I'm with her" grin. JMO

That's the first thought I had seeing the picture of them entering the BAFTAs. He's got this goofy grin on his face and its so very obvious that he's so proud and happy that she's by his side.

I love the dress and keeping with her minimalistic style, I like that she didn't wear some drippy necklace to take away from the effect of the bodice of the gown. She just seems to float in that dress and that's a wonderful and graceful trait to have. Thoroughly royal and regal and left the glitz and the glitter up to the performers that were being honored.

This is a definite hit for me. I love it.

JMHO -- I love everything she's wearing just not all together. I love the dress ... but think it's a bit more of a Spring/Summer dress. LOVE LOVE the earrings, but think they're a bit too heavy for the dress. Those earrings at a State Dinner or the Annual Ambassador dinner would be perfect ... just not for that dress nor for the BAFTA.

Separately -- spectacular. Together -- not so much.

It's not my favourite evening look for her ever (though, from about the waist up, it's pretty close). I'm not fussy about tiered skirts.

With that said, I think that this works much, much better than the Erdem she wore to 100WiHF. That screamed dust ruffle, but starting the tiers higher up the leg, and the execution on them save the McQueen. It moves beautifully.

And I love it whenever she does an updo.

Just awful, just a disaster, I really am surprised at the positive comments. If another, higher ranking royal wore this... anyway (..) the posture is horrendous. The dress looks like the Scarlett O'Hara curtains but with a much more unattractive pattern. She really needs some styling help

Last edited by a moderator:
Adore the style, but the pattern looks like curtains, or something. :ermm:

JMHO -- I love everything she's wearing just not all together. I love the dress ... but think it's a bit more of a Spring/Summer dress. LOVE LOVE the earrings, but think they're a bit too heavy for the dress. Those earrings at a State Dinner or the Annual Ambassador dinner would be perfect ... just not for that dress nor for the BAFTA.

Separately -- spectacular. Together -- not so much.
Well, I would have to say I agree. Curtain material was the term I was looking for the dress and those beautiful earrings, real or fun, just didn't match anything.

The jewellery looked State Banquet and the dress one step from Christmas Party Barbeque attire . . . except it was a bit too funereal and please, would someone tell Catherine that "Downton Abbey" updo's in the 2010's just looks dowdy unless that is the "look" she's aiming for.

I'm in the horrible camp too - very disappointing design by McQueen, the print is ugly and the dress looks at least two sizes too small on Kate. Bad posture and not glamorous at all - there are lots of royal ladies who can make the the glamorous evening look work, very often adding a cape (Max, Mary), Kate's look is an amateurish try and big fail.

Beautiful earrings don't work with the dress at all.

The only thing I really like is the hairstyle.

I dont know what to think of Catherine's dress. The print reminds me of an upholstery fabric, the straps seem they are falling off, maybe because they are a bit thin? Maybe slightly thicker straps would look better for off the shoulder look. The dress looks one size too small and the bad posture doesn't help. Her hairstyle was nicely done and nice that it was pulled up yet soft. I guess a necklace was the only thing missing since it was such an open dress neckline. The earrings, bad match with the dress.

I am a big fan of the dress! For me a WOW-zer. Shows every inch her perfect figure.

And the earrings are "to die for". Great that she wore it with the hairdo up. The "old Pic" from some years ago with the hair down did not work at all.... great that those days are less for evening events.
BYe Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom