The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the off-shoulder look on this new dress just highlights Kate's bad posture and the way she hunches round her shoulders. To carry of this dress she needs to stand up straight and then it would look better. Also feel that her hair in and up-do would have improved the look. Not sure about the sandal choice as well - you don't need to be matchy these days but the colour is and odd choice for the dress and bag.
A miss for me, Kate has nicer cocktail dresses in her closet that are worthy of a recycle.

very good points, and i agree.

the dress is a bit of a miss for me and the hair is a bit too much
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/06/20/3603C3C700000578-3677602-image-a-36_1467834150734.jpg

A very different style for her and it's a hit. Much better than what she generally picks.

I think this is a very stylish winner! amazing hair and a good fit for this dress. i actually thought this entire look was very Princess Mary - casually elegant.

was expecting the white Lela Rose dress from the Aus tour... but this was a great surprise.

The first twitter pics I thought 'oh no, another white dress':sad:

But then I saw the detail in the better pictures. And wow :flowers: I love the detail in the dress, and that it is off the shoulder. Maybe not daring as the papers called it, but for Kate, it certainly is a change. Great on her. :)

But with the bare shoulders 1. she needs to work on posture 2. This is a great example of when she needs a great updo, even a lovely looser one. She has this great shoulder baring dress, she should show it off.

I don't like the dress, it reminds me of a ribbed top you wear everyday. The off the shoulder just enhances her bad posture unfortunately.

i like the dress overall. the skirt part is a winner for me - but if i was kate and had the chance i'd ask the top to be changed. something in the upper part doesn't look quite right.

Last edited:
wow, she looks lovely in the white off shoulder dress; i like her hair too.

I like the dress, but at first I thought she had it on backwards LOL . Not crazy about the zipper in the front. Also I agree about her posture needing work. But all in all this is a nice fresh summery look.

My cup is half full on this one. She looks great in white. Her hair, while down is really looking good! And it's definitely not the same old, same old lace, sequins, princess seams, etc. She is pushing the fashion edge here. For both style and textile. Especially with the length and the knit-in shaping. :)

But I have no idea what shoes would look great with this - probably something gladiator or something with tiny, mutiple straps. But why show your feet when you are wearing a long gown? ICK.

And I just want her to push her shoulders back. I know how hard this is to do as I nagged my Mom her whole life to stand up straight. Mom would be 85 today and I am sure that she is in heaven with shoulders relaxed. Sigh. :angel:
Like so many things I think posture may skip generations. If so, we can expect Charlotte to impeccable in her carriage.
But overall - a good show from Kate. :flowers:

Does Kate perhaps have a spinal deficiency of some sort which causes her to stand in that way?

LaRae

I think this is a very stylish winner! amazing hair and a good fit for this dress. i actually thought this entire look was very Princess Mary - casually elegant.

was expecting the white Lela Rose dress from the Aus tour... but this was a great surprise.
Agreed. This gown is definitely "daring" for Catherine in that it is totally different from her usual style. I think it is really a unique look for her and I love the shoes, just not with this ensemble.

Does Kate perhaps have a spinal deficiency of some sort which causes her to stand in that way?

LaRae

Not that has ever been publicly stated. I think it's just horrible continued posture on her part and this horrid dress emphasized her terrible posture even more. From the front it made her breasts appear that they were at her navel. Burn the dress Kate, stand up straight and get your hair out of your face!! This dress does not make her look like a HRH, but more like a woman suffering from early stage osteoporosis with a mangy head of hair on top.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, I wouldn't go that far:previous:. Nice color for her and good styling overall. I am not one for bones showing in clothing or naked. Cover them up

Sensational! I think this is my favorite of her gowns so far. Love that minimalist chic...

The white dress is stunning! She looks very regal.

Kate wearing a £1,580 gown by relatively unknown Brazilian-born, London-based designer Barbara Casasola - who studied at Central Saint Martins - for an awards ceremony at the Natural History Museum in London

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/06/20/3603A90300000578-3677602-image-a-28_1467833430874.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/06/20/3603A91500000578-3677602-image-a-30_1467833450514.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/06/20/3603C3C700000578-3677602-image-a-36_1467834150734.jpg
This particular dress reminds me of the one worn by the late Diana, Princess of Wales. It was by Catherine Walker. A petal pink silk Catherine Walker gown double worn by HRH Princess Diana | Getty Images

Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge, looked so so. The style of the dress is not flattering and happens to emphasise Catherine's poor posture.

Last edited:
I think Catherine looked great. I think what helped the look is that she's a very happy woman. Her happiness shows and it gives her style an extra boost.

Not that has ever been publicly stated. I think it's just horrible continued posture on her part and this horrid dress emphasized her terrible posture even more. From the front it made her breasts appear that they were at her navel. Burn the dress Kate, stand up straight and get your hair out of your face!! This dress does not make her look like a HRH, but more like a woman suffering from early stage osteoporosis with a mangy head of hair on top.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Some people do have that hump posture look due to a curvature of the spine.

I think she looks lovely in the dress...very chic and modernist...a definate departure from her usual more retro style.

Her hair is looks very good...one of her better looks for it being down.

LaRae

If she had scoliosis or similar curvature, I don't see Mike and Carol having not had it treated. I think it simply a matter of lazy/bad posture.

Isn't it (her stance) also partly a function of wearing such high heels? Heels as high as the ones she wears throw your whole body off kilter, unless you learn how to compensate.

She looked wonderful. The dress is beautiful, as stated before, much better than her usual style. I don't mind the hair but the look does highlight her bad posture.

For me the off-shoulder look on this new dress just highlights Kate's bad posture and the way she hunches round her shoulders. To carry of this dress she needs to stand up straight and then it would look better. Also feel that her hair in and up-do would have improved the look. Not sure about the sandal choice as well - you don't need to be matchy these days but the colour is and odd choice for the dress and bag.
A miss for me, Kate has nicer cocktail dresses in her closet that are worthy of a recycle.

you summed up what I think perfectly!

http://whatkatewore.com/

The model down the page has the kind of styling that would make this pop. The hair was down as well, but at least behind her shoulders giving a better view of neck and shoulders. A simple necklace, and a pair of silver pumps matching the detailing on the dress.

The dress was nice and so was the fit. Catherine has nice enough shoulders to pull off this style but unfortunately her bad posture ruined it.

Glad that she has found sandal heels but they didn't match her outfit in anyway nor did they seem to be glamorous enough for the event.

It was a very striking outfit and very unusual! I do think this could also be a great day-time dress too.

i don't really see anything wrong in kate's posture - where do the other posters see this? i thought it's just a matter of her being tall, so in most pictures she is lowering herself down to be closer to her interlocutor.

I've looked at this dress several times and I still can't find anything I like about it. :ohmy:
Save

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom