The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Most of his dresses are tailored like that, it's his style.

Catherine looked lovely! The cut of the dresses fits her figure quite well, the color is very pretty as well.

Oh, wow, this dress is a beauty. I would have styled it with a bracelet to go with the earrings. Oh well, what do I know. She is such a stunner!

Catherine is certainly easy on the eyes. Love the colour of her dress.

It's a good dress but honestly she doesn't have the body to fill this out. It's just a straight long dress that does nothing to enhance except for how small she is.

I don't like it the top does nothing for her. Hair !!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Absolutley stunning! So glamorous while still being regal! LOVE the dress which is sooo sleek and has great seaming and tailoring on the bodice! Her loose hair fits greatly with this "effortless" kind of look and since the earrings are large enough they don't get overwhealmed by the hair. Great look all around and some of the same flair she showed in her first year as a royal! Great job!

It's a good dress but honestly she doesn't have the body to fill this out. It's just a straight long dress that does nothing to enhance except for how small she is.

Some people really like her very fit body. Sorry you do not. But I imagine her husband does, and I certainly do. I think the lean muscle Kate shows is amazing. And the shoulder cut out draws attention to her muscled upper arms and shoulders.

I am curious, what silhouette do you suggest for her smallness?

Do you know me personally? No, you do not. As such you don't know what kind of body type I ''prefer''. That said, I don't have to prefer anything as it's not my body, but I can express an opinion on what I think would look better on her.

In my opinion, when she wears a dress that clinches the waist with a more flowy skirt look great on her because it gives more shape to her body.

And fyi, I'm actually a fitness fanatic myself and think muscles are gorgeous.

I love it. The color, the fit, neckline. I especially like the cut out in the shoulders. Very nice.

I agree with you. Not the best design for her body shape. It emphasises her broad shoulders and long torso and narrow hips. Kate looks better in a design that flares slightly from the waist to give balance to the outline.

Last edited:
Do you know me personally? No, you do not. As such you don't know what kind of body type I ''prefer''. That said, I don't have to prefer anything as it's not my body, but I can express an opinion on what I think would look better on her.

In my opinion, when she wears a dress that clinches the waist with a more flowy skirt look great on her because it gives more shape to her body.

And fyi, I'm actually a fitness fanatic myself and think muscles are gorgeous.

Mea culpa, I should have said sorry you do not like her very fit body in this dress. :flowers:

I love it. The color, the fit, neckline. I especially like the cut out in the shoulders. Very nice.

I love it too.

Kate looks beautiful. (And I don't believe anyone could call this dress matronly)!

Absolutely stunning tonight!

She seems to get shrinking away since her second child and this dress emphasizes it.

A stunning gown! She looks incredible.

I have to agree. Not the right fit for her body type.

The color is beautiful and her hair looks amazing. But I also feel like we have seen this dress before. By that, a similar dress. Many of her evening looks quite similar (a trend also reflected in her day looks where many of her coat dresses look too similar). If she is going to invest in new dresses, would be great to see some changes. Bhutan/India were great as we saw some real difference in her evening looks.

I thought the whole look worked very well.

Very elegant, great color! New earrings!

LaRae

In total the dress is wonderful, great colour an I like the cutouts, making something special of the dress.....
The hair - ok, she did it again, keeping it open :-/.
Slight minus points for the dress looking a bit too big for her fragile body, i.e. the breast area.
BYe Bine

Fragile body? She is very thin but she doesn't look fragile when you see the muscling in her arms/legs.

LaRae

I think Kate looked perfect yesterday evening! Seriously, this blue gown is the best evening gown I've seen on her! It perfectly fitted her body, it gave her curves and was both elegant and particular!
Kate is a woman in her thirties now, and finally she has sported a gown for a woman, and no longer for a girl!.

I don't see this at all. All of the darting is hitting at the right spots, there's no sagging or pulling, and the neckline and sleeves are perfectly fit.

This dress is amazing in construction. Structured but not fussy, and emphasizes all the right places.

Catherine's blue dress is beautiful. I adore the colour and it suits her so well. Her hair looks quite nice here too.

It's interesting how we all see things differently . I personally love the top of this gown and the cutouts. Her hair loose actually works for me with this look. One of my favourite evening looks for Kate. And the earrings too are so lovely.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Interesting to see what Catherine wears tonight at the EACH dinner in Norfolk tonight. I am hoping for a repeat of the lovely turquoise lacey gown she wore just before the Olympics in 2012, or perhaps a repeat of the gown she wore 2 weeks ago, but with the Queen Mothers sapphire fringe earrings this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom