The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The look Kate displayed yesterday at the BAFTA is one of my all-time favorites. The dress, taken as it is, is nothing special, but on Kate it looked gorgeous. But the wow factor was, without any doubt, her hair. An updo. Finally, a right updo for her! It was a beautiful, simple chignon, but with a puffy, voluminous style!

I also loved her earrings, which at first sight I thought they were new. I'm not so sure they match the outifit, but honestly, who cares. They are magnificent.

The look Kate displayed yesterday at the BAFTA is one of my all-time favorites. The dress, taken as it is, is nothing special, but on Kate it looked gorgeous. But the wow factor was, without any doubt, her hair. An updo. Finally, a right updo for her! It was a beautiful, simple chignon, but with a puffy, voluminous style!

I also loved her earrings, which at first sight I thought they were new. I'm not so sure they match the outifit, but honestly, who cares. They are magnificent.
They match violet flowers. On most pictures flowers look white, but they are light purple.

At first I wasn't sure what to think of the dress, but now I like it. It's different from her usual look, and it's a change from solids and lace.

I really love the earrings. I feel a necklace would be a distraction. With statement earrings and that bracelet, she is wearing enough jewelry.

another great gala dress for kate! beautiful in my opinion. shows off her slim frame and fits her like a glove. fab choice.

I'm still indecisive about the dress Catherine wore to the BAFTAs last night. The pattern and design feels a little frumpy to me. I think her make up looks nice though.

Just gonna say it again: I think she looks smashing...the top flatters her so much. The hair/jewelry are also just lovely. I quite like the print, and it's a nice departure from lace.

One of her better looks IMO.

LaRae

I don't like the dress. I love her hair and jewels but I dislike the bottom of the dress. Although I find the print lovely.

She really stepped up her game with this one! I think she's fantastically lovely but a lot of her fashion choices seem a little bland and dull. Not this!:flowers:

I would have enjoyed this gown more in a subtle print/solid. The rest of the look is lovely.

She looks absolutely spectacular. She has the perfect body for this dress. Hair ,
make up, and jewelry just perfect. Most news report were saying there was an audible gasp when she entered the room. I can only imagine how much better she looked in person , if that's possible. And for those who said she should have worn a necklace, that would have been too much. That ginormous earring was enough.

I love this look. I think the pattern is youthful and fun and the entire look is just regal. 5 years in and she has grown into a comfortable princess in her jewels and evening presence. Her hair gets better with each evening event...it is perfect with a little more height and fullness than we have seen prior. And the statement earrings are just fabulous! well done

I love this look. I think the pattern is youthful and fun and the entire look is just regal. 5 years in and she has grown into a comfortable princess in her jewels and evening presence. Her hair gets better with each evening event...it is perfect with a little more height and fullness than we have seen prior. And the statement earrings are just fabulous! well done

I agree, she is looking increasingly confident at these events, and that is not just reflected in the clothes and jewels she wears. She is also experimenting with clothes, hairstyles and jewels, so I think there is quite a lot of potential for us royal watchers as things evolve in the next few years.

Just gonna say it again: I think she looks smashing...the top flatters her so much. The hair/jewelry are also just lovely. I quite like the print, and it's a nice departure from lace.

One of her better looks IMO.

LaRae

The whole look was lovely, but from the waist up it was just stunning. The fit and style was perfect for her.

I really like the majority of those McQueen outfits....there's 2 or 3 I'm not that crazy about the the rest are great on her.

LaRae

I really like the majority of those McQueen outfits....there's 2 or 3 I'm not that crazy about the the rest are great on her.

LaRae

Jenny Packham also works well for her.
I hope Kate chooses one or the other for the Paris dinner.

(Please- no Emilia Wickstead, or worse- one of those awful Beulah dresses!)

I would love to see Kate go retro/vintage Parisian style when they go to Paris..sh can carry that look well.

I like her Packham looks very well also. I can't even remember the Beulah/Wicksteads and I know she's worn things I don't care for at all...probably those.

LaRae

I love the sparkly pumps. Every woman needs sparkly pumps lol.

Too mother of the bride/groom. I love the shoes, but they are too much with the iridescent threads in the dress.

Love the shoes...not a great fan of the dress color, needs a bit more color.

I like the style, she looks quite elegant. Hair back, lovely earrings. Nice makeup.

LaRae

Love the dress, I like the movement of it for Catherine. Plus this is one of those times i love her hair down because it adds to the outfit. Those shoes are to die for!

Her hair looks beautiful and I lov her earrings, Indian designer :flowers:

Her shoes are amazing. I don't think the outfit does them justice. Being the sane color and the dress shiny too, the wow of the shoes is lost.

The dress is meh. The color is boring, and the style and length is matronly.

Am I the only one to like this dress on Katherine? When I saw this dress alone it didn't look that great, but on Kate it looks so awesome. She looks very elegant, I love the color, length & sparkles:flowers: Her hair is perfect too:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom