The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great. Love the dress, shoes, earrings. Very nice. It's a lovely dress. I get wanting it in 2 colors. I do that with shoes, tops, pants, etc. If I had as many evening events as she does, I'd probably duplicate dresses too.

She looks great. Love the dress, shoes, earrings. Very nice. It's a lovely dress. I get wanting it in 2 colors. I do that with shoes, tops, pants, etc. If I had as many evening events as she does, I'd probably duplicate dresses too.

Well, and I don't want to drag us off topic, but the Queen wears virtually the same dress, in a different fabric, for every appearance. :flowers:

Kate has plenty of black cocktail dresses, and we know she us to duscount shopping in bulk in multiple colors :whistling:

Does she though? She's got the black dress from 2012 for the Team GB Reception (though I'm not entirely sure I'd classify it as a cocktail dress), the dress from the SportsBall in 2013, the black dress from New Zealand, the odd black dress from the Action on Addiction evening in 2014, the black lace dress she wore while pregnant in 2014, the black lace dress from the Festival of Remembrance in 2014, and now this. (I probably missed something from this year because I haven't worked on my Kate in 2016 posts in a while)

So that's 7 cocktail dresses. Now really what I'd call plenty, especially for someone in her position. Meanwhile, look at Letizia who has a new black dress every month it seems like.

I'm going to add my voice to those who don't mind having the same dress in two colors. Especially because I prefer the black version.

If you are gonna have the same dress in multiple colors...that one is the one to do it with. Gorgeous dress and it suits her very well.

I haven't seen a good pic of the black yet...anyone got a link?

LaRae

Does she though? She's got the black dress from 2012 for the Team GB Reception (though I'm not entirely sure I'd classify it as a cocktail dress), the dress from the SportsBall in 2013, the black dress from New Zealand, the odd black dress from the Action on Addiction evening in 2014, the black lace dress she wore while pregnant in 2014, the black lace dress from the Festival of Remembrance in 2014, and now this. (I probably missed something from this year because I haven't worked on my Kate in 2016 posts in a while)

So that's 7 cocktail dresses. Now really what I'd call plenty, especially for someone in her position. Meanwhile, look at Letizia who has a new black dress every month it seems like.

I'm going to add my voice to those who don't mind having the same dress in two colors. Especially because I prefer the black version.
Nice research. This one looks quite different from the other options you've shown, so I can see why she would want it.

I have no problem with her having the same dress in two colours but I think perhaps it shows her interest in clothes/ fashion isn't huge. I agree with an earlier post which suggested that the brighter colour would have been better for an event with young children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks for all the looks at her black cocktail dresses, some of them have thankfully not been repeated.
This one is nice, but as the neckline is the interest, I would have preferred her hair up. I don't think black is her best color, though the black lace seems nice on her in general.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

The dress is lovely and the belt and pumps are nice with the look IMO but I don't understand why she needs two exact same dresses in different colors when the previous one (red) can be worn for an evening event. I think it's just too boring and lack of imagination/style.

My goodness I absolutely love that! The detail piece in the center (belt?)...is beautiful too!

LaRae

Love her shoes too!

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the belt but the dress is very beautiful. Very elegant.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's with all the black with the royal ladies? It's a lovely dress, but it seems...grim. Just my opinion.
:ermm:

Black has been considered a very elegant and/or formal color for decades.

LaRae

As elegant as black is, it is only very recently that royals have been wearing black to evening (or day) events. Queen Elizabeth famously said "I have to be seen to be believed" and to that end she always wears colors that enhance her visibility. In my opinion, that is a good practice.

Its a very elegant cocktail dress and the duchess looked lovely.

I like the design of the top but belt & length not so much. As usual the wall of hair is adding to the bad posture!

I thought so! They are the ones with the interchangeable center stones.

LaRae

The gown is a beautiful color on her. Her hair and jewels are wonderful. Not my favorite tiara on her but great look tonight :)

The Duchess looks splendid,hope we get to see some better shots of the gown,jewels/tiara just perfect!

I think that's the best I have ever seen her look .. Stunning

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Beautiful.

Isn't that the dress she wore to the Chinese state dinner?
Very elegant.

Beautiful.

Isn't that the dress she wore to the Chinese state dinner?
Very elegant.

Yes looks like it to me. Different tiara and different earrings...everything else is the same I think.

ETA she's wearing the Queen's bracelet but not the art deco one as she did at the other reception (she wore both bracelets then).

Myself I think she looks more regal with this tiara.

LaRae

Love the clear red of this gown, and the tiara and the other jewellery. However, I believe the Cambridge knot used to give Diana awful headaches. Has the velvet lower portion been removed or something? When Diana wore this tiara it seemed higher.

Love the clear red of this gown, and the tiara and the other jewellery. However, I believe the Cambridge knot used to give Diana awful headaches. Has the velvet lower portion been removed or something? When Diana wore this tiara it seemed higher.
The velvet base has been changed to match Kate's hair, but it's still there. As Pranter said, I think Diana wore it more forwards.

December 8:

https://68.media.tumblr.com/131a77d63816713739cc04cbff105e44/tumblr_ohvx8hcqqq1ur6n5ro3_500.jpg

The red gown is beautiful and elegant. The color is divine.
She looks stunning. She does justice to that tiara. Aren't those the Queen's earrings?

https://68.media.tumblr.com//tumblr_ohvx8hcqqq1ur6n5ro2_1280.jpg
The clear red of the gown suits her very well and while not dramatic couture, is still a very elegant and attractive addition to her wardrobe.

Catherine's hairstyle is very elegant however, it is not "tiara hair" and needed to be more "up" than down at the back. It creates a wierd square effect.

I love the color of the gown and waist down. I have never been fond of the top part of the gown for some reason since she wore it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom