The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect evening dress, and the scarf makes it.Gorgeous embroidery and still going with her "see through sleeves" theme on this trip.

I like this dress because it is so unlike Kate! I wish she were bolder and daring more often, as colorful outfits really do wonders on her!

Yes, it is something different and quite bold for Kate. It's certainly vivid and I'm not sure that the browns suit her. Nevertheless, it's unusual and it's good that Kate is trying some different combinations. Pity William didn't pack another suit, though!

:previous: Blasphemy currying, how dare you suggest that William could possibly wear another suit. I will forget I read that :D

The answer is never, never! He and Harry share that blue suit.

I've just taken a look at Kate's dress though, and it has got a high side split. The skirt she wore yesterday maybe wasn't tied properly and had the same. Isn't that a bit of a no-no in a conservative country?

Love, love, love! The color, the style is wonderful for this occasion and fits her like a glove. The shawl is perfect as well.

This is a very bold look for Kate--I like it! I've liked everything she has worn on this trip. I loved the peasant-style dresses in the 1960's-70's, and also like the new boho style. It's so comfortable and easy-to-wear in warm weather. The prints Kate has chosen are gorgeous to me.

I love busy prints--as a quilter, my favorite quilts are scrappy.

I love this dress - it must look exquisite up close. I so hope she doesn't mothball the wardrobe from this tour.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I usually like flame-coloured dresses and gowns. I have to say though that I'm not a great fan of this one.

I like it. The bodice is perfect.

I think this is a nice dress but there is nothing special or wow about it. This would make a perfect maternity dress IMO. The only thing I really dislike about this dress is the lining showing, I think the dresses should not have any high slits. Her hair has been really boring during the Bhutan visit, it's been open for all events, she should've gone for hair all up for the reception.

LOVE the color and pattern...not sure I like the neckline or the bodice..maybe it's the sleeve..something is kinda off there for me...but otherwise...great dress! She looks really good.

LaRae

I love the colour of this dress, it really suits her colouring. Would have liked a pendant necklace or something to enhance the upper bodice.

I'm not liking this dress. The color and the style remind me of a dressing gown.

I usually dislike those Beulah dresses, they tend to all look the same, imo.

(But the poppy motif is a nice compliment to the host country).

I like this dress, feeling a little uncertain about the contrasting pale pink lining that's been added. While I don't subscribe to the "pink and orange are a no-no" theory, I don't think these two work that well. Pink and orange work great when they're the same intensity.
Anyway, I have to add that the less makeup Catherine wears the better she looks.

Not a fan of this rather pedestrian dress.. last nights was INFINITELY better...

She seems to like some 70's retro style a la jaclyn smith.
I don't blame her, i think she looks smashing and, i dare to say, hot.

The lack of jewelry is kinda interesting...not sure what's up with that. I think it would of helped to finish the look.

The blue dress is still the best one...with the embroidered one from last night being second best ...love both of them.

LaRae

Miss for me. I like the over all style, cut of the dress, the style looks good on her, though a bit boring. But I don't like the neckline or the showing lining. I am mixed on the color, like she is wearing more colors here but the dress' orangey red shade is not a favorite for me. Only thing that saves the color for me is it looks well with her hair. The poppy motif is nice but gets lost in the dress IMO.

Again the styling takes a so-so outfit and knocks it down a peg. She should have worn her hair up or at least half, she has had it down in Bhutan. And a necklace or something. Odd that she has no jewels.

Of her evening looks
1. blue
2. embroidered Bhutan
3. this one
4. the black/white
5. the way too many pattern one from the wild life park

I would rank them:

1. Blue
2. Embroidered
3. Black/White
4. Flame Poppy
5. Wild Life Park dress

Love the colors Catherine has worn on this tour.

Don't want to harp on it but the lining would have been better in the same orange-red. Or just run a stitch up the seams so there's no slit at all.

And the posture...don't get me started...

I love the colour of this dress, it really suits her colouring. Would have liked a pendant necklace or something to enhance the upper bodice.
I agree that it could use a long necklace but otherwise the design and color are excellent.

I love this dress - it must look exquisite up close. I so hope she doesn't mothball the wardrobe from this tour.

I agree - she really experimented on this trip with some great results - looking forward to seeing some of these dresses incorporated into her wardrobe back home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom