The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've would like to see more of that dress! It looks like it has puffy sleeves and the color seems to be icy blue...

yes pity we can not have a full length photo of her with the dress.....

Her 'go to' dress for the formality of the Diplomatic Corps Reception. would dearly loved to see if this is a straight evening gown or whether the skirt flows out.

The dress looks beautiful. It's a lovely color.

I don't see it. The link brings me to the Alexander Mac Queen selling page, but no more

Watching the footage of the Diplomatic Corps reception and seeing Kate in action in full length in the McQueen ice blue gown its is not how i imagined it -
1 - the lace doesn't continue into the skirt
2 - its a fuller skirt than previous ones she has worn
3 - the skirt is not a "floaty" and is more stiff - somewhat like the bottom of her wedding gowns which again were McQueen

Last edited:
:previous: Perhaps it's in the documentary for the Queen's 90th birthday. It was shown this weekend.

I love her in the tiara and the hair looks great, but not a fan of that dress. The shoulders are just odd. And when you get a full view in the documentary, the skirt is oddly stiff when expecting something more flowy from the upper half.

I don't like the front of the dress but I really do like the back view of it. I do wish she would wear her hair up though. The dress has an interesting collar, and it gets lost with her hair down.

The Duchess of Cambridge this evening in a Saloni Gown wearing the Cassandra Goad girandole earrings;

Full Front View

Front view

Back View

Side View

Model

How on earth can anyone tell what jewelry she is wearing with all that hair in her face? She looks like she is drowning in bad 1970s fashion with the hair, the dress and her slouchy posture! A pretty awful combination for her. I wish someone from the palace would take her aside, pull her hair off her face and tell her to stand up straight!!

Not sure about this dress at all - the collar is a throwback to the 80s. The front has been modified obviously as it is not as see through as the model picture - naturally as Kate could not wear the original within her royal role. I know she is trying to honour the culture and dress of their host countries but this dress does not work for me. I am hoping that this is not a sign of what is to come on the royal tour.

I quite like it. Agree with Countessmeout though, the neckline is interesting and it's a shame it gets lost in her hair.

Not memorable to me. But fine for the occasion. I am sure that seeing the Duchess wear sapphire blue creates an indelible memory for those attending.
It does look like something that would appeal to Mette-Marit.

Last edited:
I love the colour but the gown itself looks home made it does nothing for her at all and I don't like the front with the scoop and sheer as well I am not a fan of that look on anyone

How on earth can anyone tell what jewelry she is wearing with all that hair in her face? She looks like she is drowning in bad 1970s fashion with the hair, the dress and her slouchy posture! A pretty awful combination for her. I wish someone from the palace would take her aside, pull her hair off her face and tell her to stand up straight!!

agree 100%!!

the side view is really painful.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/06/20/32E8C70D00000578-3526288-image-m-61_1459970258912.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...ull_length_dress_by_In-a-62_1459970270795.jpg

I like it. IMO her hair up would make this dress look too severe especially with the ruffled neckline.

I don't like it. The shape and color are lovely, but that frilly collar really bugs me.

Looks like a dress worn by Rosalynn Carter back in 1977 ...
Not flattering at all i'm afraid ...

I actually like the dress (minus the collar). The color is lovely and the style is interesting. I normally don't mind her hair down, but I think in this instance a low ponytail would have worked much better.

I like it. IMO her hair up would make this dress look too severe especially with the ruffled neckline.

I agree. An updo would have been too severe, but I do think a ponytail, or even half up/down would have worked.

It doesn't have to be a severe bun or tight do to be an upstyle. A ponytail, a loose wavey up do, half-up would all work. Something to show off the earrings and neckline. Like it or hate it, the neckline is meant to be a focus point on that dress and should e shown.

Not sure about this dress at all - the collar is a throwback to the 80s. The front has been modified obviously as it is not as see through as the model picture - naturally as Kate could not wear the original within her royal role. I know she is trying to honour the culture and dress of their host countries but this dress does not work for me. I am hoping that this is not a sign of what is to come on the royal tour.
This dress is not working for me either. And I also thought about her honoring the hosts and what was to come on the tour. Should be interesting.

I agree. Especially since this was a more relaxed event. She made it full length but casual this way, to fit in with the long traditional clothing and the knee length modern cocktail dresses.

Kate looks fab as usual. I like the dress, it and Kate got great reviews on social media. I'm looking forward to India

What exactly she wear? Awful!!Not flatter on her at all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom