The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful hair and amazing earrings. I like the dress, but I'm not sure what to think about the top at the front.

I think that the dress itself is lovely, but it would fit a curvier woman than Kate.. it just made her sag into it IMO.

the dress is growing on me... looking at more of the pictures I am finding it a rather attractive dress and fit the occasion. I still don't think the best fitting - but i am not as against the dress as I was initially. and I still LOVE the earrings and her hair.

When She's Queen, she can wear the same style over and over again

the dress is growing on me... looking at more of the pictures I am finding it a rather attractive dress and fit the occasion. I still don't think the best fitting - but i am not as against the dress as I was initially. and I still LOVE the earrings and her hair.

I agree- the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's very Jean Harlow-ish.
Here's Tom and Lorenzo's take on "Billy, Cathy, and Harry's" night out:

Billy, Cathy and Harry Go to the “Spectre” Premiere | Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous & Opinionated

(and Harry's wearing a double-breasted dinner jacket- perhaps it's one of Charles's?)

Last edited:
I LOVE Tom and Lorenzo!! Love the part about Harry always barging in like a sitcom. :lol:

I really enjoy Tom and Lorenzo's take on things too. They can totally take something and turn it into something quite amusing and creative without innuendo or snarky remarks. The people that read their writings leave with a smile on their face. They're the only ones out there too that I've seen that call Kate "Cathy". It sets them apart and the readers always come back for more.

They may have just hit the nail on the head with Harry popping in like in a sit-com. I would imagine if all three are at KP at the same time, that's exactly what happens.

The Duchess of Cambridge debuted a glamorous new floral dress tonight by one of her favourite British designers, Erdem

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/27/19/2DD8F22700000578-0-image-m-3_1445974053658.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/27/19/2DD8F21100000578-3292327-image-m-28_1445974908624.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/27/19/2DD8FC6000000578-3292327-image-m-51_1445975330039.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/27/19/2DD8FC3200000578-3292327-image-a-52_1445975335557.jpg

What I dislike most is the tiered style of the skirt and the cocker spaniel hair. Yesterday's hairstyle was so good. Not sure what to think of the print. I like Erdem prints but this one is too much Laura Ashley curtains.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/27/19/2DD8F0F000000578-3292327-image-m-41_1445975130084.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful dress - I love the material - and make up and jewellery. The spaniel ears hair is just annoying - a half do would have been better and made the earrings more of a feature.

i want to see better pictures of the earrings! the dress is nice and different - not sure my thoughts on the tiered skirt - but i loved the effect when she walked. and I think her long hair works with this one... a little more casual tone.

I like the style of the floral dress better than the light blue from last night. Her hair is annoying. Last night's was better. My issue with tonight's dress is the floral. If the color was a whole lot less vibrant and the fabric wasn't shiny, this could be the sofa that I inherited from my mother. I don't think bringing to mind a sofa is the look she was going for.

I don't think the dress looks like a sofa at all.
It's a different look for her, but I do like it.

I also like her hair; it looks so voluminous!

Thinking about it more, when I look at the top two thirds of the dress, I think it is really nice; it's the pleated thing at the bottom which seems as if it was added as an afterthought.

If it had been continuous, straight material all the way down, I think I would love it but hmmm

What I dislike most is the tiered style of the skirt and the cocker spaniel hair. Yesterday's hairstyle was so good. Not sure what to think of the print. I like Erdem prints but this one is too much Laura Ashley curtains.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/27/19/2DD8F0F000000578-3292327-image-m-41_1445975130084.jpg

Totally agree! I would adore the dress if it didn't have the hem.

The print suits her skin tone so well!

The hair again just a couple of bobby pins would have made it so much better!

Sad to say I really don't like it I was looking forward to another stunner.
The bottom frill is just too much IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I love the colors of the dress and even the style, although I would change the hem and just leave it off.

Love the earrings too!

LaRae

I absolutely love this dress, especially on Kate. I think it's the color scheme and the flouncy bottom and the cut of the bodice. It makes her look healthy and vibrant, as opposed to last night's dress which looked more like a nightgown to me. I don't mind her hair down this evening as it looks like a fresh blowout, though I agree that a partial updo would've highlighted the fabulous earrings. I'm so glad to see she's wearing more substantial pieces from the royal collection.

I absolutely love the total look tonight! 3 events and 3 completely different looks... Beautiful Gowns, Beautiful Jewels and Beautiful Hairstyles...This is so much fun!

Oh GOD, just when it was going soo well.. this dress is simply HIDEOUS, the fabric looks like 70s Hotel curtains, and the 'valance' only reinforces the image....

The only + is the Duchess' access to the Queen Mothers Sapphire fringe earrings.

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about the dress. I don't hate it but I don't love it. That being said? Catherine is getting bolder and more experimental in her look and that I love, even when it's not to my taste.

And those earrings are lovely and it is so good to see her becoming comfortable borrowing from the family collection.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

i think we are seeing a more fashion confident Kate - experimenting and trying new things and getting comfortable in the royal jewel box. those earrings may have been a wedding gift from Charles or HM or perhaps just recently loaned. But I like Confident Kate - and look forward to the show!

I love everything about the dress, except for the ruffled hem. The colors are pretty and the silhouette is lovely, but the bottom of the dress just doesn't work for me.

The earrings are really stunning.

I agree that it's great to see Kate experimenting with different looks. Not everything is going to work, but I'm glad she's getting comfortable enough to try new styles.

Last edited:
The daily mail has a picture of the earrings they are the Queen Mothers Saphire and diamond earrings.

I really like the dress and despite my surprise it looks good on Kate! I think I am a bit perplexed as this dress doesn't come across as a piece Kate would wear but I am glad she is experimenting and risking a bit! Isn't it cold in London for such a summery dress though?

I love the fabric but don't like the wider part at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom