The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 - October 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine looks lovely in red, and the dress is very appropriate for the occasion. Her smile is the best accessory.

Just had a thought. How long after you have a baby does your hair texture and strength keep changing? It's common for women to lose lots of hair after having a baby, and I wonder if hair can become more brittle, too. Could that be the reason for Catherine to be reluctant to pull her hair back?

ok breathtaking gown is a bit far fetched but I like the dress and the idea of the application. Very suitable and good outfit.

The length of the dress is nice for a dinner, the style and fit suits her body type well. I like the beading but I think it would've looked nicer if it was on both shoulders. Moreover, will the beading on the shoulder, her hair should've been pulled up completely. The open hair, curls and beaded work gets to messy for me around the shoulders.

:previous: Normally I'd be agreeing about the hair, but, at least while she had it pushed back over that shoulder so you could see the fern, it looked OK to me. The neckline was simple and the hair didn't interfere with any necklace, and it was a fairly informal affair. I had been expecting black tie.

I think the dress looked very good on Kate and the colour and decoration worked well for the occasion. You can't have more of a tribute to New Zealand than a black dress with white/silver fern.

Lovely. She looks really good in the dress.

LaRae

If she and William like her hair long then she should wear it that way. I think she is comfortable with it.

It's very bland, like most of what she wears.The DM call it breathtaking because like most of the media they wish she was. Some people want a new Diana but IMO a lot of Kate's clothes remind me more of stuff Princess Anne wears.

The length of the dress is nice for a dinner, the style and fit suits her body type well. I like the beading but I think it would've looked nicer if it was on both shoulders. Moreover, will the beading on the shoulder, her hair should've been pulled up completely. The open hair, curls and beaded work gets to messy for me around the shoulders.

If it were on both shoulders, it would have looked like a bad soap opera from the 80s.

If it were on both shoulders, it would have looked like a bad soap opera from the 80s.

That is what I was thinking!!
Both shoulders would look like epaulettes.

I like the dress, and think she looked lovely.

It's a nice dress. Very simple with a touch of something more glamour.

An elegantly designed dress that really showcased the fern applique, and thank goodness it's only one! I have to say that the lower hemlines look very glamorous on Kate, but for the occasion it would have been lovely if it were a full-length gown.

Last edited:
Finally I feel validated <G> I've been one of the ones who have complained about the short hemlines making her look 'off' and out of proportion! She looks so much better with a longer hemline and not 'old' or frumpy!

LaRae

I agree. As it was, we saw the colours and emblem of the New Zealand sporting teams. Good choice, I think.

The one out of whack was William in his blue suit. Blue at a night-time event! Big blunder, IMO.

When does he not wear a navy suit? A funeral is the only time I can think of.

Is there a thread for William's clothing?

LaRae

great Dress, the black one with the´fern
Bye Bine

There is nothing wrong with it but it seems that is what he wears almost all of the time. His dad and grandfather mix up their colors. But William never does it's blue shirt/jeans or navy suit.

I love the dress. The cut, the style, and the fern is awesome. But black? Why not a midnight or royal blue? Just a thought. :D

Black is one of the national colors of NZ. The sports teams are the all-blacks. It is same as wearing red in Canada.

I love the dress. The cut, the style, and the fern is awesome. But black? Why not a midnight or royal blue? Just a thought. :D

Why not black? If the rest of us often wear black to an evening event, why must the royals be the only ones who can only wear black to a funeral?

I like the dress with the fern. Perfect fit!

Is there a thread for William's clothing?

LaRae

1 Blue suit, blue shirt, purple tie
2 Blue suit, white shirt, purple tie
3 blue jeans, white shirt, blue pullover
4 blue jeans, blue shirt, beige pullover
5 white polo kit
6 Football kit

Numbers 3 and 4 can be interchangeable.

There you go, I think that just about covers it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom