The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 4: August 2012 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this dress. The pattern is a departure for her and totally appropriate for the occasion. Beautifully fitted and that color of purple is stunning on her.

Great first day for her even though I'm sure she was dragging a bit from the flight.

The colors are so lovely, I'll forgive her for wearing just-above-the-knee to an evening event. I'm a bit traditionalist - when the sun goes down, so ought the hemlines.

Quite a disappointment that the dinner doesn't even have a dress code of black tie / long dresses.
Kudos to Catherine for trying to dress somewhat younger and in a vibrant color mix, but all I see in that VERY bold print and its not very fortunate placement on the dress is either a colored Rorschach test or an ugly lava lamp exploding.

Full front view:
http://s14.postimage.org/5jncu6m7l/151760855.jpg

From the back:
http://s18.postimage.org/q4uqcal3d/Newscom_afplivefour707851.jpg
I love Kate's dress. Period.:D

DCVO said:
The colors are so lovely, I'll forgive her for wearing just-above-the-knee to an evening event. I'm a bit traditionalist - when the sun goes down, so ought the hemlines.

I was surprised too but she was perfectly appropriate... The presidents wife was in mid calf length and the prime ministers wife was in a cocktail pant suit. The hosts dictate the attire. Hopefully some long dresses in the future

What a lovely combination of colors. Absolutely delightful. Catherine looks beautiful in strong tones, and the purple is doing her a great deal of justice.

Daria_S said:
What a lovely combination of colors. Absolutely delightful. Catherine looks beautiful in strong tones, and the purple is doing her a great deal of justice.

I agree, I think this is one of her best looks in awhile. Young, fun and flattering.

Princess Eugenie's dress from the Paralympics last week had a print that wasn't nearly as attractive as this one. Bold patterns are always borderline, either too overpowering or too timid. This dress manages to be interesting without looking like a four-year-old's splotched paint all over it indiscriminately.

I love it! It's different but I like it.

Princess Eugenie's dress from the Paralympics last week had a print that wasn't nearly as attractive as this one. Bold patterns are always borderline, either too overpowering or too timid. This dress manages to be interesting without looking like a four-year-old's splotched paint all over it indiscriminately.

I think Eugenie's dress would be equivalent of what my three-almost-four-year-old pupils would produce if I were to give them splatter/sponge paint, and tell them to go wild. This pattern, however, doesn't make me want to break out the sticker packets and put smiley faces all over the place for a 'job well done' and being an 'amazing' artist.

Last edited:
I love the dress! The colors are so beautiful. It's a very unique dress that Kate carries with elegance. Great to see her in something different.

:previous: A lovely, original and elegant dress. Unfortunately one of the key elements of the dress is it's neckline . . . which was, as usual, obscured by a curtain of little girl hair.

As to the length, well Catherine has mastered the art of the strategically placed evening bag! :whistling:

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Will and Kate visit Singapore - Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Will and Kate visit Singapore - Page 6 - - Photos - Fashion - Yahoo!7 Lifestyle

In fact, that art alone seemed deserving of it's very own "Headline". :D

How to sit pretty: the Duchess of Cambridge - Evening Standard

Last edited:
What a pity - not even a cocktail dress but a day dress, in rather too conservative style and sporting a print which would actually be just perfect for her grandmother-in-law when giving her next garden party.

I think her dress was nice and I do like that splash of color in the print.
I wasn't expecting a gala dress at all for this event.

I wasn't expecting a gala dress at all for this event.
Neither was I, but at an evening function I expect an outfit to be worn which can count as evening wear.

I also don´t like the dress. It would suit Anne perfectly. But Kate is too young. The only thing I like is the clutch

I think the print is awful. I do like the cut and I would prefer it in a solid color. This dress just ages her.

Last edited:
Lovely to see Kate in Erdem again - this designer really works well on the Duchess. A beautiful dress for the dinner and suits the tour in Asia. The pattern is lovely.

It is an ok dress considering the conservative background of Singapore. If she decides to wear it again in the UK she could get rid of the sleves (like the model wore it on the catwalk).

I am really enjoying her evening dresses. I don't find them ageing at all but rather refreshingly bold and different.

I like the idea od the dress the fabric floaty and cool but the pattern is horrible IMO

I simply don't understand-how does that pattern age her? It's soft, it's not overpowering, it has classic colors.

I think it looks lovely.

Also, despite how it was billed, this clearly wasn't a gala event-William is wearing a business suit.

I also don´t like the dress. It would suit Anne perfectly. But Kate is too young. The only thing I like is the clutch

I agree; the dress is way too old for Kate (is it just me or does she sometimes veer between the too-young-for-her and the too-old-for-her extremes of the spectrum?) Usually, I admire her dress sense, BTW.

I don't care for the Erdem dress; it isn't horrible, but when the press does their HIT OR MISS polls, I'd put this in the MISS category.

I like the cut of Erdem dress, but not the print.

Did not like the Erdem dress. " Old granny" is a great description- washes her out.

You must have had a very chic granny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom