The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 4: August 2012 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree, CanRoyal. Kate definitely tries to not hog the limelight as much as she can. Unfortunately for her, though, when it comes to the British press it doesn't seem to make much difference.

EIIR said:
I completely agree, CanRoyal. Kate definitely tries to not hog the limelight as much as she can. Unfortunately for her, though, when it comes to the British press it doesn't seem to make much difference.

That is an understatement. The press seems to love to dissect her wardrobe; be it old or new.

Love the coat. She looks very nice.

I always loved that coat. It's very elegant and classic. She looks beautiful!

She will probably have this coat for 20 years. Its just a nice simple elegant coat.

As for her sartorial choice - interesting that all of the woman wore repeats - the important thing in this context is the atheletes. I expect we will see variations of her parlaympic kit over the next 10 days - she looks good in her sport attire.

let the games begin.

Standard stuff at least it fits.. I like the colour ...

I much prefer this coat dress minus a silly hat. A perfect choice for the occasion and nicely accessorised.

I think the outfit is a good choice, apart from the coat being at least 2 sizes too big.

As for her sartorial choice - interesting that all of the woman wore repeats - the important thing in this context is the atheletes.

Plus, she's got a major 9-day overseas tour coming up in less than 2 weeks, I'm sure she's saving some new outfits for that.

I never liked this coat, cut and pattern is too serious for 30 years old woman. hair and make-up as usual-boring.

I love the coatdress and this Royal House of Fashion is my favorite thread.

Artemisia said:
:previous:
I agree: the coat looked a size too big as worn for Zara's wedding.
It looked OK for Laura's wedding although I can't actually focus on the coat: the horrid "hat" is too distracting.
Tonight though the coat sits perfectly on Kate's figure. I actually like it a lot better when not worn with a hat, especially the kind Kate favours.

Such a lovely coatdress, that color suits kate well.

Its a beautiful coat, but its way to big for here.

Last edited:
Certainly a vibrant print on the dress. Nice nod to the hosts in Singapore and i always love anything with a purple colour in. Better appearance this evening than the outfit from the arrival

I like the dress. It is probably made of silk. It looks fresh and very appropriate.

I really like it too. Its so vibrant and looks good on Kate.

What a disappointment! I thought we would see a bit of glitter for this occasion. :ohmy:

Her dress is Prabal Gurung.
So much better than her outfit during the day. The print is really something else. Wish she had better taste in shoes though.

I liked the dress at first sight, but the more I look at it the more the print makes me crazy :dizzy:
I see nothing wrong about her shoes though.

I'm a fan of this dress. It's different and striking without being OTT. Would like a close up of the bracelet.

Its good to see her in such color and print, something you don't expect from Kate but it is not a pretty dress. I would've liked if she had her hair pulled back so the print on the shoulders/top part shows nicely in the front. The way the print is on the back is quite nicer than the front but the dress overall is different which is nice.

The Duchess of Cambridge wows in edgy Prabal Gurung dress, putting U.S. label on the global fashion map

Read more: The Duchess of Cambridge wows in edgy Prabal Gurung dress, putting U.S. label on the global fashion map | Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a closer look from the War Horse premier. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/08/article-2083899-0F6166EE00000578-39_306x218.jpg

And Anna at My small obsessions on FB has a number of closeups in her Kate UFO photos. Here is one: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/397089_215816271840579_1693970738_n.jpg

Isn't that the bracelet Charles gave her? That is one beautiful piece of jewelry and I can see Kate wearing it quite often in her lifetime. Charles does have exquisite tastes.

I don't loke this on her but I like it on the back view the front is IMO not glamorous at ll and I hate it with the black shoes.

Isn't that the bracelet Charles gave her? That is one beautiful piece of jewelry and I can see Kate wearing it quite often in her lifetime. Charles does have exquisite tastes.

Yes it is and yes he does. While looking for close ups I found this site - which shows how much this bracelet looks like several that the Duchess of Cornwall often wears. The resemblance is fascinating. Catherine's Bracelets

That dress is gorgeous. If she were attending Fashion Week, I would say wear a bright shoe and an updo, but for a state visit demur black shoes and understated yet elegant hair is perfect.

So, we didn't even get through the first day of the tour without the usual 'she should be wearing her hair up' complaints. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

This dress is a true work of art. I adore the colour, the pattern is interesting and bold and it fits Kate beautifully. This is a bit of a departure for Kate and it really works for her IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom