The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 4: August 2012 - October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most women have beautiful hair during their pregnancies because the hormone changes keep you from losing the usual amount of hair everyone loses everyday.The hormones also make your hair look thicker and more wonderful, but in the months following the delivery your hormones change again any most women shed quite a bit of hair , it can be quite frightening for many women and many trim their hair or style it differently during this period.I hope this explanation helps.

Kate has had beautiful hair long before she became pregnant so I doubt anything will change. She likes her hair down has liked it down for years; I can't believe people have still not gotten over it.

Kate has had beautiful hair long before she became pregnant so I doubt anything will change. She likes her hair down has liked it down for years; I can't believe people have still not gotten over it.

Very true but some outfits/dresses require or should I say look better with hair up and there is nothing with putting her up once in a while IMO. I think this dress was one of those dresses that would give an overall better appearance with hair up.

The dress is pretty, but I don't like the sheer panels on the side. I think the dress would have looked better without it. Other than that, Kate looks nice.

I think her hair looks great, but then again I'm not bothered when she wears it down.

She likes her hair down has liked it down for years; I can't believe people have still not gotten over it.

Very true. What's funny is that when she does wear it up, there are still complaints.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If I had a mop of hair like HERS, shoot, I'd be wearin' it down and lettin' it fly as much as possible, too!!!!

That's how I feel; her hair is gorgeous, and she obviously prefers to wear it down, so why not?

I don't care if she wears her hair up or down.. BUT, it definitely needs a good cut!! It is waay out of control, right now. It used to be shorter and less full and looked so much better. Just my HO, of course.

Catherine had a baby 7 weeks ago, She is still nursing. I'll bet she finished nursing, threw the dress on and ran to the venue. Not a lot of time for primping. That dress looks to me like it can be taken in to fit, once she is done nursing.

Catherine had a baby 7 weeks ago, She is still nursing. I'll bet she finished nursing, threw the dress on and ran to the venue. Not a lot of time for primping. That dress looks to me like it can be taken in to fit, once she is done nursing.

I agree - I think the biggest change is that she didn't look 100% pulled together; more like 90% (and I don't mean that in a bad way - just a reality of life). She was always soooo pulled together and impeccably turned out, she had the luxury of that last 15 minutes that single women love to do that final once over while waiting for the date. This was mummy Kate; and she had another man that wanted her attention while she was trying to get ready. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if she had forgotten her purse. When William made the comment about checking their cell phones, I wondered - where did Kate stash hers?

It was good to see her out and about.

Thank you to both of the comments immediately above. If you have never nursed a 7 week old baby, you have no idea how time-consuming it is. It's not like you do it for an hour and then 6 hours later you feed him again. It's 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there, and another 20 minutes whenever he/she demands it! You don't say, later, dear, mummy is having her hair done. Even when you have help, that just means that you can take a shower without worrying- he'll be there with his mouth open as soon as you get out!

If you are a nursing mother, it is almost impossible to be impeccably attired, groomed, and coiffed. And pumping is not fun, and it takes time, and you don't do it unless you have to- and generally the baby wants mummy to feed him, anyway! Kate looked just fine last night, and it may be months before she looks perfect again.

I'm not a fan of this dress. It's overwhelming Catherine.

The dress is pretty, but I don't like the sheer panels on the side. I think the dress would have looked better without it.
My first thought when I saw the panels was "oh, this dress is supposed to have a lot of skin showing." It looked to me like the modesty panels were a last-minute addition, like maybe the dress was bought off the rack and hastily modified for Catherine. Otherwise, I thought she looked wonderful for having a seven-week-old baby. When mine were seven weeks old, I thought I was doing good if I could catch a shower every day...:lol:

I do agree about the hairstyle, but I think it's too harsh to say she looked awful in the dress. Her figure ( not only because she's only recently had a baby) and her height alone ensure she can look much better than most of us would in this gown. I guess it's just a little frustrating that with a few tweaks, she could look spectacular.
Your right, my mistake;)

Though blunt Dof M.. on reflection I think you are right.. she just isn't up to that sort of gown for whatever reason it was all wrong and I agree the hair is a nightmare.

Thank you to both of the comments immediately above. If you have never nursed a 7 week old baby, you have no idea how time-consuming it is. It's not like you do it for an hour and then 6 hours later you feed him again. It's 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there, and another 20 minutes whenever he/she demands it! You don't say, later, dear, mummy is having her hair done. Even when you have help, that just means that you can take a shower without worrying- he'll be there with his mouth open as soon as you get out!

If you are a nursing mother, it is almost impossible to be impeccably attired, groomed, and coiffed. And pumping is not fun, and it takes time, and you don't do it unless you have to- and generally the baby wants mummy to feed him, anyway! Kate looked just fine last night, and it may be months before she looks perfect again.
Absolutely true!!!

Not liking this outfit at all, it looks like a shapeless glitter potatoesack to me, badly executed. Boring hair. Far too much glitter, like a disco ball.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/12/article-2418979-1BC88C37000005DC-309_634x1126.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/12/article-2418979-1BC88C91000005DC-558_634x1274.jpg

Wow, glad you were not around to see what I looked like after I had my two kids. If Kate looks this bad to you, I can only imagine would you would have said about me LOL

Wow, glad you were not around to see what I looked like after I had my two kids. If Kate looks this bad to you, I can only imagine would you would have said about me LOL
She was talking about the dress, though? :ermm:

Though blunt Dof M.. on reflection I think you are right.. she just isn't up to that sort of gown for whatever reason it was all wrong and I agree the hair is a nightmare.

Why is Kate's hair a nightmare?

A number of people have made excuses for Kate in response to others' criticisms of the dress and the fact she wore her hair long and not up, on the basis she is a nursing mother who has to contend with the demands of a baby when getting ready to go out, citing their own experiences in support of their view.

I don't understand the connection. I can see no link between the baby and the odd choice of dress. I can see no link between the baby and the fact her hair is down and not up. Kate is not an ordinary woman and does not exist in the world inhabited by the rest of us. She can, and should, have people to help her with such things. She should have someone to do her hair and to help her with her clothes. If she chooses not to, she should perhaps reconsider her wardrobe choices.

The dress is a sophisticated one which calls for her hair to be done in a sophisticated style; it calls for a hairdo which enables the neckline of the dress to be visible and not covered up with floppy hair. Mind you, I think the neckline is horrible, and maybe Kate thought it would look better covered up, but I doubt this was the only dress option available to her. Perhaps the main problem is the choice of dress itself.

And she needs some deportment lessons. If she's going to wear a dress like that, she needs to stand and walk in a manner appropriate to that look. She should study footage of Diana wearing bespangled outfits like that.

This is getting ridiculous. Is she not free enough to wear her HAIR the way she wants? I understand about royal deportment and obligations and all of that, but HAIR??? Who cares about hair this much?? Yes, I am sure her imitating her deceased mother in law would go over well. I do not understand the constant barrage of criticisms about a new mother and her HAIR

I can understand the different points of view that are aired. It is all based on if you believe Kate looked tired and sloppy at the Tusk event. Then, if you do, should it be blamed on her nursing a 7 week old baby.
I don't think she looked tired at all and I liked the dress. Sorry to bring up the D word, but besides the christening, I don't think Diana ventured out until Princess Grace's funeral, when william was almost 3 months old.
If Kate looks tired and harried to many, maybe she is taking on too much too soon. Having a baby under 3-4 months old, no matter how easy the baby, and how much help you have, is a huge transition, which is why there are maternity leaves.

A number of people have made excuses for Kate in response to others' criticisms of the dress and the fact she wore her hair long and not up, on the basis she is a nursing mother who has to contend with the demands of a baby when getting ready to go out, citing their own experiences in support of their view.

I don't understand the connection. I can see no link between the baby and the odd choice of dress. I can see no link between the baby and the fact her hair is down and not up. Kate is not an ordinary woman and does not exist in the world inhabited by the rest of us. She can, and should, have people to help her with such things. She should have someone to do her hair and to help her with her clothes. If she chooses not to, she should perhaps reconsider her wardrobe choices.

Agree 100%!!! Thanks for pointing this out.

I should point out that there are some of us who aren't going I make excuses for her because I think she looked great.

The dress was properly fitted and was appropriate for her post-baby body.

Her hair is luscious, long and healthy. I, for one, would be absolutely thrilled to have her hair. Would an updo also be lovely? Of course, but given the cut of the dress, hair down is not out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom