The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Mary frequently wear hair pieces? I assumed she does with some of her styles because her hair is t that long for some of the styles. I recall she wore one on her wedding day and I think she looked great. Kate has longer hair than Mary but she would need professionals to do some of those really great styles worn by Mary and Victoria.

While Catherine is very thin I don't think this is ugly on her.
It's funny to hear you pointing to her thinness while you never do it for one of your favourite royal (Letizia) who is in my opinion bonny (remember her ugly back in a strapless purple dress in William and Catherine pre wedding dinner hosted by the queen not to mention her skinny arms)

I think Catherine looked absolutly gorgeous.Everything looked perfect:dress,hairdo,shoes and even the heavy make-up which was ok for an evening event.
Lady Finn,while you say the dress is revealing you say that she has nothing to reveal that's funny
I don't think the cleavage is revealing and more important she doesn't look vulgar.

Right! Right!
And the same discussion starts!! Too thin too.. too...something!
I found her also perfect, from head to toes!
Personnally I prefer her with her hair down or half up, because I think she has time to wear them up in the future, but the up hairdo suits her well.

Catherine is slim. It is her body constitution, and it can not be change. Other women are built heavier, like CP Mathilde or CP Maxima! Both types of constitutions are nice, but different. It is useless to criticize Kate for her body, she has a nice healthy and toned body! The proportiions of the upper and low half of her body are perfect! Most women suffer from this disproportion, she DOES NOT. And the choice of this dress was perfect for this body. If Catherine had bigger and heavier breast, result would have been vulgar and "difficult" to maintain. So is not nice to say that she has nothing to show, because a woman in her position shouldn't show... even if she had!!

As for Pcs Letizia, yes I agree, her upper body is squelettic, it looks really unhealthy, and YES she choose the wrong dress! Strapless dresses showing her back bones, and the uppr part of her arms should be banned from her wardrobe! She has enough money to modify dresses according to her own body.

As a general reminder: weight issues are not a topic for our fashion threads, let's concentrate on the fashion choices instead!

Doesn't Mary frequently wear hair pieces? I assumed she does with some of her styles because her hair is t that long for some of the styles. I recall she wore one on her wedding day and I think she looked great. Kate has longer hair than Mary but she would need professionals to do some of those really great styles worn by Mary and Victoria.

Mary has worn hair pieces in the past and parts of the tiara that have been removed from the main piece. I think it is a personal choice, not many do like wearing things in the hair/hair do. Moreover, you do need the right dress and hairstyle IMO. The lace back dress worn by Kate, it would be too much for a hairpiece since the hair do was busy and the back of the dress was also busy/detailed.

Personally I would love to see kate with a simple bun and a nice hairpiece to the side or going through.

dont u think that hairstyle would look great with a tiara? or hair jewels?

dont u think that hairstyle would look great with a tiara? or hair jewels?

I think your suggestion is lovely. I'd certainly hope that we see Catherine doing something like that in the future.

This is perfect tiara hair and I can very easily envision one nestled in it, or jeweled pins. She made the right choice to wear her hair up because that was a very sophisticated gown needing the appropriate hairstyle, and wearing it up also displayed the lacework beautifully.

Mary looks great in her hair pieces, the woman really does some fantastic stuff with her hair.

Chiming in to add I love the last two looks. The white dress with the slit, wore with those strappy sandals managed to be both modest and sexy, and it was perfectly understated. (She didn't need jewelry cuz the heels had the bling.)

As for the Jenny Packham gown, that has to be her best gown to date. Everything about that look was flawless.

This evening's outfit, in words, The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a black Alexander McQueen coat over a patterned blue and purple dress from Whistles at concert.

It is possibly, stress the possibly, this outfit, worn the day after the wedding.

Last edited:
This evening's outfit, in words, The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a black Alexander McQueen coat over a patterned blue and purple dress from Whistles at concert.

It is possibly, stress the possibly, this outfit, worn the day after the wedding.
The dress is definitely not the same. You can see a bit of it in this picture.
The jacket could be the same.

Love a classic black jacket but I don't like the print of the blue dress.

The dress looks like it has a nice style around the waist and hips, but it's hard to see because of that busy pattern. And I don't like the prominent zipper, either, although it's obviously meant to be very noticeable.

Really like the dress, but the zipper makes it look cheezey.

My word, it is rather a long zipper on that dress - how on Earth would one do it up!? I have trouble with zips on coats and they're at the front!

I doubt you'd have to unzip it all the way to get into it!;) Just unzip it partway and step into the dress.

My word, it is rather a long zipper on that dress - how on Earth would one do it up!? I have trouble with zips on coats and they're at the front!

Isn't that what husband's are for?;)

The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived at the Royal Academy of Arts wearing a grey Roksanda Ilincic dress.
Princess Beatrice has also recently worn a Roksanda Ilincic dress.

I think Kate is wearing this Ayden wool-crepe dress from Roksanda Ilincic - only in different colour. In the best traditions of DM, the dress costs about £800.

Last edited:
Great to see Kate repeat this lovely dress - it was a favourite from the royal tour of LA last year and i am glad to see her bring it out again.

I really like this dress; it's understated and very elegant.
The hairstyle is great too; an updo shows the dress in all its glory, whereas Kate's usual hairstyle (as worn in L.A.) took away from it.

(picture courtesy of ghost_night554 who posted it in Kate's current events thread).

She looks so elegant - and I agree with Artemesia that the up-do really works. Notice the new earrings again. Perfect look

Catherine looks lovely this evening. I really like the dress and with her up it shows the neckline of the dress and her earrings. This is a updo worth repeating more often imo. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom