The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 3: February 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Artemisia said:
Kate looks gorgeous! I love the colour, the hair - everything, at least from the few pictures I can see.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2
- Hairstyle and jewellery

Thank you! Just lovely. Now i want to know all about the earrings.... And could there be a bauble in her hair? ... In the first pic, there looks to be something shiny... But could just be the sun

Wonderful, sophisticated hairdo! And I really like the dress, especially the pretty color. I'm not in love with the shoes (from what I see so far), but I won't be nitpicking: to me it is probably the best outfit I've seen her in since the wedding. Finally color, hair up and a bit of glam. Thumbs up!

Last edited:
Wonderful, sophisticated hairdo! And I really like the dress, especially the pretty color. Accessories (clutch & shoes) could have been better, but I won't be nitpicking: to me it is probably the best outfit I've seen her in since the wedding. Finally color, hair up and a bit of glam. Thumb up!
I agree, this is, to me at least, easily the most elegant, beautiful and sophisticated evening dress Kate has worn, well, ever.
In this picture, it looks like she's wearing the same pair of Jimmy Choo shoes as during the last appearance. I dislike the general design of the shoes, however they don't clash with the dress and look quite nice.

Last edited:
Looking at more pictures and close ups, the dress doesn't look so goo with the silk inserts on the sides under the lace. Also, the silk as lining is a bit too shiny IMO

ImageBam

Looking at more pictures and close ups, the dress doesn't look so goo with the silk inserts on the sides under the lace. Also, the silk as lining is a bit too shiny IMO

ImageBam

Yes, it kind of has a night gown feel but I still love it. The strong color suites her coloring and the fit is good (if a bit low-cut). She looks smashing with the dress and the updo.

Are those the same shoes as the other day?

http://i49.tinypic.com/4uhut2.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/dyrhaa.jpg

I agree, this is, to me at least, easily the most elegant, beautiful and sophisticated evening dress Kate has worn, well, ever.
In this picture, it looks like she's wearing the same pair of Jimmy Choo's as during the last appearance. I dislike the general design of the shoes, however they don't clash with the dress and look quite nice.

I agree, I don't like these shoes in general either. BTW - I altered my post above, cause I've now seen better pics of the clutch and the clutch matches perfectly with the dress.

Ah, I really love the lace details on her and that hairdo... I think I'm a bit in love tonight. :p It is exactly what Kate needed and I had almost given up on the idea that she would surprise me. Finally it happened. :)

It could seem shiner from the flashes from the cameras

Yeah, I think it might be the flash because I don't notice the shininess in other pictures.

She looks really great. I love the color and style of the gown. I also think her hair looks really nice in this style.

I can't wait to see more close-up photos of the earrings...they look lovely.

Last edited:
Well I love the color on her and I think she looks lovely. I now just need her to break out some lovely gems from the vault. :flowers:

If I absolutely felt the need to complain, it would be about the makeup; the eyes appear to be even more heavily done than usual. However, she does appear to have been more gentle with a blusher, so no complains there.

Overall, I really like this look on Kate and for me, it's definitely a win. Again, quite possibly the best outfit she's worn in my memory.

Wow! A+ at last!! Some glamour and the hair is perfect! :wub:

Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, gala dress was well-chosen. I liked the colour. Lace added a feminine touch. On a different note, Catherine seems to have a orange tan.

Last edited:
I'm almost in love with this look. The color is to DIE for, it's so gorgeous. I do think the dress is just a tiny bit too busy on top. I would have preferred that the teal silk on the top cover the sides as well. Hard to explain, but I'll photoshop my thoughts and put them on my blog later today, if anyone is interested.

The hair looks great, I like the earrings, the shoes are passable (and I appreciate that she's wearing the same ones she wore yesterday), and Prince William is clearly happy with her!

I think she looks FANTASTIC tonight. I'm so happy to see her hair off her face- it looks very sophisticated. The color of the dress also suits her very well.

Edit: OOH! I just saw the back detailing on the dress and that's the best part. I really, really love this look on her.

Last edited:
Kate looks gorgeous! I love the colour, the hair - everything, at least from the few pictures I can see.
- Full view 1
- Full view 2

- Close up 1
- Close up 2
- Hairstyle and jewellery

I believe this dress, is the fashion suggestion Dazzling made a few months ago;
Jenny Packham Spring 2012

Mint evening dress - A shade I would love to see on Kate, the embellishment is simple. She could pull the simplicity off easily. Th sonly change is that I would not have such a low opening.

It is the best I have seen Catherine. Two things, the same shoes from the other night and the makeup.

Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, gala dress was well-chosen. I liked the colour. Lace added a feminine touch. On a different note, Catherine seems to have a orange tan.
IMO it's neither. Her make up is simply too heavy, even more brutal than usual.
It's almost a relief to see her with an updo and in a vibrant color at night; the back view of her gown is very nice and might have been enough in terms of décolleté, particularly as the cut of the top of the dress in the front is rather asking for a fuller figure than hers.

Love the dress, great color, great cut and the back is amazing. The hair is fantastic, love the braids and knots! The jewelry is simple and not over powering. The eye makeup is a little heavy, but that's Kate. Overall, she looks fantastic. And if I had those Jimmy Choo's I'd wear them every darn day! Love em! Jenny Packman is definitely her designer, she looks wonderful in the dresses that she's chosen from her.

She's gone for darker eye make up than usual, but it's an evening gala so that's fair enough.

I don't see an orange tan, I just see a healthy glow.

IMO it's neither. Her make up is simply too heavy, even more brutal than usual.
It's almost a relief to see her with an updo and in a vibrant color at night; the back view of her gown is very nice and might have been enough in terms of décolleté, particularly as the cut of the top of the dress in the front is rather asking for a fuller figure than hers.

I actually think the dress looks better on a slender frame. The neckline would trend towards indecent on someone with a larger bust, but on Kate it looks elegant.

This is just simply sublime. I love the sophisticated intricate updo; it showcases those lovely earrings and neckline, and that gown is glorious in both color and style. I really lke the back lace insert and her matching clutch. The only drawback is the heavy makeup but overall this is beautiful, sleek and chic; for me, it's her best evening look ever. Can you imagine a tiara nestled in that elaborate hairdo? Or some jeweled hairpins? I can.....;) Kudos, Kate, and thank you all for the great photos.

Last edited:
Love it. The color is marvelous, and the neckline and back are quite sexy. Her hair is up, which is sooo much better in my opinion. I'm not a fan of her eye make-up, but I never was from the beginning anyway. It's a fresh look, quite summer-y.

Job well done, Kate. Four for you. :)

She looks absolutely beautiful tonight. Love the dress and hair.

Kate looks stunning tonight! Beautiful dress: I like both style and colour. The hairstyle is lovely, nice to see Kate with her hair up

Yes, exactly.:flowers: Beautiful. Just beautiful.:)

I actually think the dress looks better on a slender frame. The neckline would trend towards indecent on someone with a larger bust, but on Kate it looks elegant.

Stunning! Wish she had worn her hair like this for her wedding --- tiara and veil would have "hung" much better.

Also, as for the eye makeup- it doesn't bother me here, because this is an evening look and dramatic eye makeup makes sense.

It would have been too much in the daytime, but here it looks appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom