The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 11: November 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Catherine looked simply stunning. I loved it on their trip to Pakistan and love it again now.

Blah and boring. Is this not the red version of the black dress she wore to the DoE's funeral?

Its very festive with the colour and bow but not coat in December and its cold too!

Blah and boring. Is this not the red version of the black dress she wore to the DoE's funeral?
Edited-updated photo. Yes it's the same dress, but I find that the best part of the the fashion threads is that everyone has their own thoughts on the royals clothing. IMO find it festive and fun for the occasion.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge in red hosted a Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey today:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

The dress is nice, except for those hideous shoulder pads. Catherine already has broad shoulders, and the shoulder pads make them look even more broader. And it would have been nice if her hair was up too - her hair needs a good trim.

I don’t normally like bows, but because of the single block of colour, I think it makes it more interesting. It’s a good choice for a carol concert.

Catherine's coat was lovely.

In fact, all of the Royals and the Middletons looked fantastic. A tour de force festive Royal event.

Its very festive with the colour and bow but not coat in December and its cold too!

It is a red coat that she is wearing, with a dress probably worn underneath.

The coat is beautiful. It looks festive, appropriate for the occasion and tailored to perfection as always. DoC looked beautiful, elegant, polished and excited for the occasion. The earrings are also a huge plus, what a beauty to show off!

She looks so beautiful so festive just love it

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems overdressed to me, or not the suitable dress for this event in this setting. That dress may fit a red carpet event better, probably because of the fabric, and it looks heavy. And the dress code confuses me as William's attire looks much casual than hers.

Love the earrings though.

Did she straighten her hair? It looks great.

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous gown, the color and tailoring are so good, it's another upgrade on her usual style. However, this is a black-tie gown worn to a cocktail event. I don't like this trend, I see it with other royal woman as well (especially during visits to France), and while its lamentable that many black-tie events have been downgraded to cocktail attire one should dress for the code. Otherwise, you get such a mismatch between guests. I hope to see this gown again in the future though.

Seems overdressed to me, or not the suitable dress for this event in this setting. That dress may fit a red carpet event better, probably because of the fabric, and it looks heavy. And the dress code confuses me as William's attire looks much casual than hers.

Love the earrings though.

Did she straighten her hair? It looks great.

I agree. It's a bit confusing to look at her attire compared to her husband's.

She still looks fantastic though imo.

:previous: I beg to differ. A full-length dress is not a "Cocktail" dress any more than an open-necked shirt worn with casual separates is "black tie. As to those who say she is upping her game . . . . I wore a black knee-length "cocktail" dress exactly the same as that in the '80s to "cocktail parties". This event wasn't a cocktail party either.

Overall all I can say is "what was she thinking"? One thing I did like is the straightened hair which looked very elegant and wasn't distracting bouncing all over the place in the breeze but, the earrings, while nice, were also cocktail or eveningwear.

Duplicate so edited

Last edited:
It's an absolutely stunning dress. But it doesn't match to what William is wearing at all. Did he get a different memo?

When royals overdress for an occasion, I wonder if it's because they're conscious of giving people what they hope to see. Like that scene in the TV show 'Wives and Daughters', where the aristos turn up to a country ball, and the other guests complain because they waited 2 hours, and the lady didn't even wear her diamonds. Or something like that :)

Or maybe Kate didn't get the memo either. Who knows? :)

The duchess looks amazing a beautiful colour and gown.

That is a stunning shade of pink on her. Love the sleeves.

Her hair was styled beautifully. I’m not usually a big fan of hair parted in the middle, but this was nice and different.

I don’t quite get the mis- match in attire. Catherine looks much more formal than William.

It's an absolutely stunning dress. But it doesn't match to what William is wearing at all. Did he get a different memo?

When royals overdress for an occasion, I wonder if it's because they're conscious of giving people what they hope to see. Like that scene in the TV show 'Wives and Daughters', where the aristos turn up to a country ball, and the other guests complain because they waited 2 hours, and the lady didn't even wear her diamonds. Or something like that :)

Or maybe Kate didn't get the memo either. Who knows? :)

I think htat William is under dressed, rather than Kate over dressed. He doesn't have to wear full evening gear but the open shirt and wrinkled clothes are not great

I think htat William is under dressed, rather than Kate over dressed. He doesn't have to wear full evening gear but the open shirt and wrinkled clothes are not great

I do not think the weather is conducive to wearing a tie, so I guess this was a solution.

From looking at the photos of some of the other ladies at the event, I tend to believe that it is William who is under dressed for the occasion.
It might have been worthwhile to select a traditional and practical guayabera shirt for him to wear for this tour. They're considered formal wear in the region.

We don't normally see Kate in a vibrant pink like this - though the dress code confused me especially with the setting. I was actually hoping to see a repeat of the cocktail gown from either the Poland, Germany or France trips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom