The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different note, the older picture also highlights just how much a brooch (or a flower) would improve the overall look.
Brooches do a lot for a look, but I can understand if a woman who's only 30 don't want to wear the kind of brooches the queen and duchess of Cornwall wear. I hope Kate will get some modern contemporary brooches to wear.

I like the detailing on the dress, and the shade, but that's about it. The hat is sitting too low on Catherine's head, and looks a bit fussy from the side. Overall, the look is OK, but nothing spectacular.

A silly hat worn at a hateful angle protruding into her face and with messy hair - very bad approach to headwear.
Catherine's dress would have been such a wonderful design for her husband's grandmother, perfect in colour for her as well, so why did the Queen reject it?

Another pic:
http://s14.postimage.org/h8lllypy9/46687_article_2160200_13_A3363_E000005_DC_537_472x6.jpg
Ouch! A hit dead centre. I have to admit that this, to me, is the worst ensemble I have ever seen her wear, and that includes the little see-through number at University.

What was she thinking? That dress is definitely more of a style and colour suited to the late QM! On Catherine it looked like a shapeless, over-embroidered, sack. As to the hat? Well, Mary Poppins is still looking for it.

OK, that was a tad harsh. Should I just say the had she dressed her hair appropriately it may have looked quite dashing (colour notwithstanding) perched on a fabulous up do. As it was, her hair looked bedraggled and ageing, and the hat looked like it had slipped forward, partially obscuring her face. I am sure it did not start out that way though. I'll bet her hair was gloriously wavy, and her hat set at a jaunty angle, but life and reality set in the moment she moved from her mirror and gravity took over. The hair dragged and the hat slipped. Shame really.

I just realized - the hat obscures it - but does she have puffy eyes? Something happening there but you don't focus on it because the hat is so much front and center. Perhaps that's why she cocked the hat that way?

I don't like the dress' collar but I like the dress with its design and think she looks good in it. I don't see how its 'aging'. :bb:

I love the dress, both its color and design. But, I do find that Catherine is more suited to deeper, richer colors, and the style is probably more suited to a slightly more mature woman. Still, I like the dress. And think it is one of the few 'regal and polished and truly elegant' looks from her - the regal making it different.

I like it that Catherine has her own individual taste in hats and they tend to suit her, but this particular hat did not compliment the dress at all! I think it could be redeemed if paired with a different outfit and positioned slightly back and tilted to the side rather than over her eyes - in some of the photos, judging from the angle of her head, it looked like her vision was obscured.

Her hair really should have been up. The weather was not good, and her hair reflected this.

Last edited:
Typical outdoor attire suitable to the activity; Kate always looks good in outdoor gear.

Duke of Marmalade said:

Sad that the DM feels the price of her old wellies is the lead news of the story.

And it's not that she hasn't worn these wellies before; they're a well-made, sturdy pair that she obviously gets a lot of use from. Would the media prefer that she waste money on cheap shoddy footwear that wears out and she has to constantly replace?:nonono: Better to buy high quality that will last.

Last edited:
She was also at William and Harry's polo match this afternoon. She wore basically the same outfit, she just changed into a different jacket.

Kate & Lupo at The Beaufort Polo Club | onroyaltoes

I really like both of her outfits today. She does casual very well.

I also don't see the big deal about the price of her shoes. She seems to wear them quite often, so it's best to buy high quality so that they last longer.

Last edited:
I think Catherine does casual wear very well. I like both outfits; they're appropriate and comfortable. The price of the shoes doesn't bother me. When it comes to the comfort of one's feet, no price is too great, because if you get cheap shoes that hurt your feet, you'll be spending even more money, trying to find good shoes for a cheap price.

No royal looks as good as Kate in casual/leisure wear - would that she had adopted this neater hairstyle yesterday for the Trooping of the Colour.

Terrible Trooping outfit. The hat could have worked if it was on correctly. The dress color did not suit her. Love shawl collars in general, but not with long hair.

Kate looked ABSOLUTELY exquisite at the Trooping of the Colour. From the brighter shades we have seen her in lately, this soft silver grey was such a bold statement. Loved the design of her dress and the hat was a perfect and complimentary match. In a nutshell, Kate looked stunning.

Last edited:
Scrumptuous! The only issue I have with this outfit being worn to the Garter ceremony is the length of the skirt. I, personally, find above the knee a tad inappropriate for the Garter Service.

It is indeed the outfit from the last year's Trooping the Colour on June 11, 2011.

Thank you, its good to see Kate get some wear out of expensive clothing.

Scrumptuous! The only issue I have with this outfit being worn to the Garter ceremony is the length of the skirt. I, personally, find above the knee a tad inappropriate for the Garter Service.

Appreciate your point, but its hardly a mini-skirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome, muriel. :)
I absolutely love this outfit; it has both classic and modern edge to it, and compliments Kate's figure.
I have got no problems with its length either - and I'm a prude when it comes to such important events.

The Duchess of Cambridge chose cream McQueen for today's Order of the Garter ceremony.
She combined it with cream fascinator, gold clutch and nude heels.

- Complete outfit 1
- Complete outfit 2
- Close up

I Think She Looks Pretty as always , and her Outfit Nice Classic elegant and suitable with the occasion , White & Beige Nice and works well togather , thanx for posting :flowers:

You're welcome, muriel. :)
I absolutely love this outfit; it has both classic and modern edge to it, and compliments Kate's figure.
I have got no problems with its length either - and I'm a prude when it comes to such important events.

I agree, the ensemble works very well for Kate, and for the occassions it has been used. Credit to McQueen!

Funny, I loved this outfit at last year's Trooping the Colour. I'm not loving it here. I think the relatively simple lines of Camilla and Sophie's outfits make Kate's look fussy or the proportion is off somehow.. Also, I'm no fan of these quirkily perched hats.

Appreciate your point, but its hardly a mini-skirt.

Come now, no need to exaggerate my point ;) It's a beautiful outfit, I'd wear it myself, but for a most noble occasion, I think something at knee length would have been better suited.

Last edited:
Kate looks great! I really like the cream and nude combination.

It's nice but I think the sunny day makes it appear more than it is ... I do like those little hats she must have alot but I don't like fascinators.

Love the hat but for me the skirt is too short & too voluminous.

Last year in the carriage at Trooping the colour i like the double brested nature of the top of the coat dress - seeing it full length this year at the Order of Garter i really dislike the outfit now. I dont like the extra frills at the hips and back which is a feature of McQueen designs (it was an aspect of the bustle that i disliked about Kate's wedding dress) I dont like the length - yes Kate is 30 and can wear shorter outfits than Sophie of Camilla but this i find is short and too voluminous as Duke of Marmalade pointed out. She had to get in and out of a carriage and this i think wouldn't work right for that. I find the silly hat on the top of her head silly - Kate owns too many of these now.
Kate has alot nicer outfits than this - Red Catherine Walker outfit i need to see you appear again. This is expensive and unsuitable and just silly looking. Bad day for the Duchess time to bin this one i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom