The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 9: June 2012 - September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would hate the pieces if I saw them separately, but together they seem to work quite well. Catherine looks appropriate, and since she's with the Queen, there's no reason to stand out. Recycled outfit provides that opportunity.

Well since a number of poeple don't like her look I feel forced to voice my opinion ... I think she looks lovely and very appropriate. It's a great color for her and I loved the hat and coat. :flowers:

O just don t like her shoes...they are old shoes...

And i still think that it isn t a missoni jacket....

Last edited by a moderator:
biboquinhas said:
And i still think that it isn t a missoni jacket....

Well I'm pretty sure Missoni would have denied it seeing as it's made two appearances.

Appropriate outfit for the event. On both occasions Kate has appeared at public engagements with the Queen she's worn this coat. Maybe the Queen complimented her on it or something?

HM was the true star of the show today which is entirely as it should be.

I am never going to get over that Missoni coat, no matter how many times she wears it. The hems of the coat and sleeves are unfinished and look like they are unraveling. Call it fashion if you like, but if I never see that piece again it will be too soon. Otherwise she looks lovely, the color is great on her, and I am so happy to see Diana's earrings again!

I very much like the hairstyle, and although the coat isn't one of my favourites, she still looks good IMO.

I'm usually one of those who like Kate wearing her hair in a style other than the usual loose curls, especially in a nice updo. However, for some reason I actually prefer the hairstyle Kate had when she last wore this coat (for an outing with the Queen and Camilla) to today's hairstyle: she looked younger and fresher. Maybe it's because of the hat which isn't really a flattering or particularly attractive one.

On a different note, the older picture also highlights just how much a brooch (or a flower) would improve the overall look.

Last edited:
She's been wearing her hair in partial updos a lot these days. Must have realized that having to fiddle with it wasn't particularly becoming.

Very much a welcome change :) She looks lovely.

I like the way Kate seems to make small changes to her "look". As someone has already pointed out, she is taking the front locks of her hair and having them styled to the back, so that her face can clearly be seen and she cannot readily fiddle with her hair.

I also think it's no accident that Kate wore the same blue coat dress as she wore March 1 when she visited Fortnum and Mason with Camilla and the Queen. Kate was doing her best to say, in effect, "it has nothing to do with what I'm wearing, and everything to do with the Queen and the celebration of her Jubilee."

I think she looks lovely. The color is great on her and so happy to see the hair styled back and some of it up.
Adore the shoes. Would have loved a brooch but so starved for jewels from her, was thrilled with the gorgeous earrings!

I'm so happy to see those sapphires again and hope Kate makes more use of them. I'll overlook the lack of a brooch for that sight.;)

Kate Looks Nice , very Nice Article and Video , Thank you for Posting

The navy shoes that Kate wore in Nottingham where LK Bennett "Art" shoes, from last years collection. She first wore them for an engagement with William prior to their wedding, and has since worn them a few times, including at her visit to the Olympic village earlier this year.

I just loved this coat the first time Kate wore it and I love it even more now. It is simple yet so very elegant. The hat is also lovely for this particular outfit and it compliments the entire look perfectly. I do love Kate's hair pulled slightly back. It opens her face and one can clearly see those beautiful sapphire earrings.

I do not like this coat but I do think that Catherine tried to accessorize it well, highlighting its darker threads. However, the overall look was - for me - very mismatched as I find the coat to be too unkempt looking for the more polished look of the jewels (which are simply stunning) and shoes (which I do like) and the hat (which I think is much more suited to the first coat she wore it with). But she looked very happy. :)

I just loved this coat the first time Kate wore it and I love it even more now. It is simple yet so very elegant. The hat is also lovely for this particular outfit and it compliments the entire look perfectly. I do love Kate's hair pulled slightly back. It opens her face and one can clearly see those beautiful sapphire earrings.
Agree. She looked very lovely.

I do not like this coat but I do think that Catherine tried to accessorize it well, highlighting its darker threads. However, the overall look was - for me - very mismatched as I find the coat to be too unkempt looking for the more polished look of the jewels (which are simply stunning) and shoes (which I do like) and the hat (which I think is much more suited to the first coat she wore it with). But she looked very happy. :)

Agree! IMO, she always dresses in the perfect tone. First come her position and role, second comes the fashion.

Good on them I say! Make as much money as they can :)

all i have to say is i love her i love her sence of style there is nothing that she wears i do not like her wardrobe is just fab i wish i had her wardrobe

June 15th- I think she looks lovely. The blue dress and jacket are very elegant.

Pic Pic2

I Think She Looks Nice and The Outfit Nice Too , Kate always Looks Pretty and elegant , Thanx IloveCP .

June 15th- I think she looks lovely. The blue dress and jacket are very elegant.

Pic Pic2

Simple, elegant and classy. What's not to like :D? I think she looks great. Love the color and cut of the dress and the contrast with the black jacket/cardigan.

Pic Pic2

Looks like nice detailing around the neck but can't see a thing because of the hair. I like the shade of blue of the dress. I find her overall boring.

Another stupid fascinator, has she ever worn a proper hat? I don't even mind the lopsided hats on hair bands but Catherine's attempts at hats are awful IMO.

Another stupid fascinator, has she ever worn a proper hat? I don't even mind the lopsided hats on hair bands but Catherine's attempts at hats are awful IMO.

I agree, this hat is especially bad. Queen Elizabeth II has wonderful hats, Catherine should speak to her milliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom