The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
;) That shade of red is great on her!
I'm lovin the hat as well

Looking nice, I can't wait for better pictures though, but red is a nice colour on her.

Also, William :in_love:

of course she's not the most ultimate ideal beauty of a fairytale princess (its rare who does, aka: Princess Grace) but she is far from plain and she has her own charisma and prettiness, shes a little above average, so i find her charming!

Kate is wearing an Alexander McQueen dress. Her hat is by Sylvia Fletcher from royal milliner James Lock & Co.

She's little bit above than average and plain???, Kate is a real beauty, how much women around you, you know who have such as figure and charisma, some people are sometimes really in bad faith!!!

I am watching the event on a french TV, and Karl Lagerfiedl had just said that what she was wearing today is perfect and there's no faux-pas...and we know that all he's not the kind of person who sends followers if there's something he doesn't like, even if it comes about royals. He also talked about Beatrice and Eugenie's hats and said they made nice choices this year, unlike last year for the wedding, when he said that they made them clownish , and thanks for his rude comment, fashion forums talked a lot about that, and the hats were selled on bidding for 90.000 euros.

Sephora said:
She's little bit above than average and plain???, Kate is a real beauty, how much women around you, you know who have such as figure and charisma, some people are sometimes really in bad faith!!!

I am watching the event on a french TV, and Karl Lagerfiedl had just said that what she was wearing today is perfect and there's no faux-pas...and we know that all he's not the kind of person who sends followers if there's something he doesn't like, even if it comes about royals. He also talked about Beatrice and Eugenie's hats and said they made nice choices this year, unlike last year for the wedding, when he said that they made them clownish , and thanks for his rude comment, fashion forums talked a lot about that, and the hats were selled on bidding for 90.000 euros.

Well said. Kate looks radiant.

Today's look is just sublime on Kate and there's no question for me that she is a lovely woman.

Last edited:
I thought Kate looked nice and its a nice color on her. The only thing is that I would've like her hair up with such a hat/headpiece. Even a soft bun would've worked. There was too much going on with the hat (to the side, the detailing on the other side) with the hair in front and curled.

Duchess of Cambridge looked nice. McQueen's dress was well-chosen.

Take a survey. I've noticed that the decades before we're born tend to draw us - interest us. For myself, I love the 30's and 40's. :bb: Go figure! :D

Got you. !! :D

Today's outfit was beautifully striking and stylish. I agree with Dazzling about her hair though.

Sophie Wessex has taken to wearing her hair back in chignon's to show off her wonderful hats. I wish Kate would do that more often as I feel that long hair can sometimes take from these lovely head pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that we have some really quality pictures, here is Kate's look:
- Complete outfit
- Side view
- Close up (hat, jewellery, brooch)

Close up of the brooch she was wearing, mentioned by EIIR.
Cropped from larger image, constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• brooch 2.jpg
    brooch 2.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Fantastic Duchess! Everything works. Lovely contrast to the dreadful weather. Looking for a closeup of the plaid wrap she wore over the top on the barge. Love it all!

And I see she's carrying a plaid scarf which she's now wearing around her neck. Lovely brooch. Thanks for all these pictures, Artemisia.

I think she looks great. Alexander McQueen is always a good choice for Kate.

What a surprise, people are complaining about the hair. Yet again.

And I see she's carrying a plaid scarf which she's now wearing around her neck. Lovely brooch. Thanks for all these pictures, Artemisia.

The tartan is the Strathearn tartan which is a nod to her Scottish title as the Countess of Strathearn

Does anyone know what collection the McQueen dress is from?

The tartan is the Strathearn tartan which is a nod to her Scottish title as the Countess of Strathearn
Thanks for identifying it! :flowers:
A little additional information: the Strathearn was first made for the Duke of Kent and Strathearn, Queen Victoria's father. The tartan can be worn by the Earl (and Countess) of Strathearn, as well as by other members of the royal family with the Monarch's permission.

The Duchess has such a lovely figure today that I'm wondering if she's wearing a corset underneath. She isn't exactly one of the curviest women but today she looks great. I love the color, very beautiful. I agree about the hair, I was hoping for a soft bun underneath the hat.

Any info on the bag that Kate is carrying - i know she is wearing her L K Bennett sledge beige court shoes

In my opinion, Kate is plain pretty. She's a goodlooking woman, but put her in a big crowd and she wouldn't stand out. Nothing wrong with that, most of us don't. We're not all genetic freaks ala Kate Moss or Adriana Lima.

I really like it. The dress is so incredibly well made. Worth every penny.

I like Kate's outfit. I still think it is not the best shade of red and another colour would have been lovelier (but I am not into red generally) but I think she really looked pretty.

In my opinion, Kate is plain pretty. She's a goodlooking woman, but put her in a big crowd and she wouldn't stand out. Nothing wrong with that, most of us don't. We're not all genetic freaks ala Kate Moss or Adriana Lima.

It is funny that you should mention that about Kate not standing out in a crowd.

I have just had an irate call from my mum. I should state that mum isn't a fan of Kate's at all. :p

As far as she was concerned, Kate, by wearing bright red today, shone out like a bright beacon in the dark. Mum felt that she shouldn't have drawn so much attention to herself on what was The Queen's Day. She should have worn a more muted colour and thus allow The Queen to stand out.

Don't go shooting my mum because you know, although I really liked Kate's outfit, I think mum has a point. !

It is funny that you should mention that about Kate not standing out in a crowd.

I have just had an irate call from my mum. I should state that mum isn't a fan of Kate's at all. :p

As far as she was concerned, Kate, by wearing bright red today, shone out like a bright beacon in the dark. Mum felt that she shouldn't have drawn so much attention to herself on what was The Queen's Day. She should have worn a more muted colour and thus allow The Queen to stand out.

Don't go shooting my mum because you know, although I really liked Kate's outfit, I think mum has a point. !

I don't think she did once they were on the boat, which was mainly RED. The Queen stood out in her wonderful white outfit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom