The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the hat. I'm not a fan of those big .ss hats Lady Gaga would consider wearing. Better shoes this time around too.

:twohearts:i love what ever kate wears maybe princess Beatrice and Eugenie can take a couple notes from her

I quite like the hat, dress is pretty, nice colour and suits her, and hair looks beautiful as ever.

This ensemble just makes her look older than she is. The only thing that is youthful is the shoes, which she has worn many times. Why the pressure to cake on the makeup (which also adds age), wear a long sleeve wool dress in summer and put on a frumpy tricorn hat (left side view not flattering). I realize things are more formal in Britain but I could have seen her wearing something more flowing and light, such as she wore on her trip to Canada last summer with William. She is a beautiful young woman, but it looks like they are trying to turn her into stodgy.

I think she looks very pretty, but I feel she should have waited to wear that dress again. It's not exactly that it's too soon, but it is too soon after the latest event. That's twice in a row in the same outfit!

She has so many many clothes, surely she could have picked something else? Perhaps something from her Canada tour?

My guess is she was making a very specific point, "I don't want to be a fashion model, clothes horse"

The hat is not the best but I do like its color. The dress is still as pretty as it was before, and I do wonder if she is making a statement by wearing it again so fast. I don't see nething wrong with her makeup and it doesn't look heavy at all, perhaps I've been watching too much Kardashians but to me her makeup is fine.

I Think Duchess Of Cambridge Looks Nice Cute & fresh , right That Kate recycling her Outfits a lot But She Looks Nice , The Color Nice On her , Thank you for Posing all

You know what would have been a nice dress for Kate to wear? The flowered one from the polo match in California, but it looks like the royals were wearing solid colors. This dress may have stood out too much, which isn't the objective.

I think we need to realize that is is cooler in the UK than in the States before we start criticizing the dress. If you look at MOST of the guests they are wearing jackets and sweaters/shrugs except for the tacky strapless dresses. I am surprised that she wore the dress so soon after its first appearance but I can deal with that. The hat looked cute and rather jaunty IMO. I certainly do not see why all the complaints about her makeup and in all honesty her blush is no more obvious than HMs.

I would like to amend my statement about Kate's makeup. I have seen the same pictures of Kate but on a wider screen and her makeup does look heavy. I also have to say how unfortunate it is that she is part of the group that likes to tan.
Kate is wearing another half up half down hair do and as always I think it looks great; to those who might know, are those curls natural, does she have to sleep in curlers, or is that from a curling iron?

Last edited:
Kate is wearing another half up half down hair do and as always I think it looks great; to those who might know, are those curls natural, does she have to sleep in curlers, or is that from a curling iron?
If she does her own hair, then I would assume she uses a curling iron, or more likely, waving wand (the latter gives a bit more natural finish).

The love that pink dress, it's very beautiful and lovely. Great color on her.

Last edited:
Another sugary plain jane outfit and it looks like she's got a tea doily stuck underneath her hat. But as I have said time and time again if this is the way Kate wants to dress then it's up to her. SHE has never said she wants to be a fashion plate it is sections of the media who want her to be. Some reports on what she wears are hilarious IMO as the comparisons to "The Emperors New Clothes" are uncanny. I sometimes feel like the child from the story wanting to shout, " But my 70 year old granny wears the same dress" when some journalists are raving about how stylish she is, ha, ha!

Last edited:
Lovely outfit -- both dress and hat. She seems to be continuing her strategy of being very low-key and not creating a fuss. It's working -- good for her!

I would like to amend my statement about Kate's makeup. I have seen the same pictures of Kate but on a wider screen and her makeup does look heavy. I also have to say how unfortunate it is that she is part of the group that likes to tan.

She has natural curly/wavy hair but like most women (in the public) probably straightened it than curl it. Here are a couple of pics her natural curls

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dHMUkWjxi...the-trip-to-florence-italy-and-chile-bef.jpeg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/...icle-1386914-0C0CB4FB00000578-174_634x454.jpg

You know what would have been a nice dress for Kate to wear? The flowered one from the polo match in California, but it looks like the royals were wearing solid colors. This dress may have stood out too much, which isn't the objective.

I didn't like that dress, that is one I hope stay in her closet

Last edited by a moderator:
She has natural curly/wavy hair but like most women (in the public) probably straightened it than curl it. Here are a couple of pics her natural curls

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dHMUkWjxi...the-trip-to-florence-italy-and-chile-bef.jpeg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/...icle-1386914-0C0CB4FB00000578-174_634x454.jpg

Thanx for those pix. I remember reading that Kate had natural long hair but for some reason I had forgotten these pictures of her with the waves in her hair. It seems she has been straightening it for years, I wonder if she would ever show up to an even with her hair naturally curly and styled. :w00t:

Thanx for those pix. I remember reading that Kate had natural long hair but for some reason I had forgotten these pictures of her with the waves in her hair. It seems she has been straightening it for years, I wonder if she would ever show up to an even with her hair naturally curly and styled. :w00t:

I want her to do that, but others with natural curls said it was doubtful. It's seem like straight hair is consider more professional, especially if it's straight and sleek.

I think Catherine looks lovely. The hat adds to the look, and gives it sophistication if you will. I love her earrings too (they look like pearls, but I could be wrong). I love the fact that she recycled the pink dress from the Windsor lunch so soon. It shows that she wants the media and public to focus on Her Majesty, the person they ought to be focusing on. Lovely gesture from a very elegant and classy lady.

I am amazed at how worked up peopke can get over what is really just a dress and a hat. It was appropriate for the occassion. As long as nothing was showing that shouldn't be I think appropriate is all that should be asked for.

NGalitzine said:
I am amazed at how worked up peopke can get over what is really just a dress and a hat. It was appropriate for the occassion. As long as nothing was showing that shouldn't be I think appropriate is all that should be asked for.

I agree with you, and I thought she looked lovely. One thought: yes, she just wore the dress two weeks ago. Perhaps she didn't realize the extent to which the photos from inside Windsor Castle would be circulated and thought it would be safe to wear the dress again at a more public function without people noticing so much.

Yes, yes, but that would spoil all our fun. ;)

She looked very nice, appropriately dressed and looked like she enjoyed herself.

I think that the hat, although nice, was too flimsy for the dress, which was heavy. But I am nitpicking here. I think it marvelous that she is down-to-earth in that she will wear the same thing twice, she has no problem wearing something she really likes twice in a row.

I like the color, but the dress could have used a necklace or some other small piece of jewelry.

I think her outfit is nice. Its not draw dropping but nice and tasteful.

Another sugary plain jane outfit and it looks like she's got a tea doily stuck underneath her hat. But as I have said time and time again if this is the way Kate wants to dress then it's up to her. SHE has never said she wants to be a fashion plate it is sections of the media who want her to be. Some reports on what she wears are hilarious IMO as the comparisons to "The Emperors New Clothes" are uncanny. I sometimes feel like the child from the story wanting to shout, " But my 70 year old granny wears the same dress" when some journalists are raving about how stylish she is, ha, ha!
Oh you are awful! But you called it right . . . that really is one ugly, insipid coloured hat perched on what is (as a few have so rightly pointed out) great grandma's crocheted coasters!

I liked the clean, fresh lines of the dress but the hat just doesn't match it in either style or form. As to recycling, well that is a good thing but not two engagements in a row. She has a whole summer wardrobe from her Canadian tour so I don't know why we got an action replay. Lack of imagination perhaps? Maybe she could take a few hints from Sophie's style.

Kate looked absolutely lovely and this pale shade of pink really does suite her. I was not sure if I liked this dress when I first saw it, however Kate has dressed it up beautifully with the perfect hat to give a simple yet very elegant look. Definitely one of the BEST dressed ladies there!

Without Kate the diamond jubilee days should have been boring.

The pink is the perfect colour to take tea in the English summer. The hat is a tad fussy, but given the simplicity of the dress, a hat with a bit of a dramatic flair was necessary. I think perhaps hats is one of the aspects of her wardrobe where Kate might choose to take a few more risks, while leaving the rest of her appearance quite conservative.

I have no problem with her recycling whatsoever. Even the Queen has started to repeat outfits very quickly, and Camilla does so also.

I think Kate is working very hard not to draw attention to herself, especially over these jubilee events. expect to see more repeat dresses over the next week, probably a few from last summers Canadian tour. The red Catherine Walker coat and dress, the royal blue lace yoke Erdem dress, the gray silk Roksanda Ilinic she wore when she landed in LA could all be appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom