The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the English royals (from what I have seen so far) have dressed in a very understated way and Kate, among them, was the best dressed, besides the Queen who is hors concours.

Once again, Catherine looks fabulous. She understands some important rules:

1.) Less is always more
2.) Her husband is the heir to the heir ... you don't dress like you're the #1 person in the room (or the realm, for that matter)
3.) It's not necessary to compete with the Queen ... dress for who you are!

Absolutely! She looks elegant in this dress. Perfect!

I'm not dying about it. It's very simple and the colour's ok, but it just doesn't do a whole lot for me. Appropriate for the occasion, and probably a deliberate attempt not to overshadow HM as it was her day, although the British media still are focussing mainly on Kate, so far at least.

I don't think that would even satisfy the updo people, miche. Some of them actually weren't happy with last Friday's updo as it was apparently 'too busy'. You couldn't make it up sometimes.

It would satisfy me :)

Last edited:
I like it. I don't like the shoes though, they're rather ugly. (I don't like any nude coloured shoes)
And I'm one of the ''updo-fanatics'' but here, I like her hair down better. Going for a ponytail or something would have been slightly too casual.

However, I feel like the lightning in a few of these pictures are not doing her any favors at all.

That is a lovely outfit on Kate and I like the dusty pink, though I think it could have been a deeper tone for her coloring. The pleats look good on her, but I'm not crazy about the color of the shoes. And while wearing her hair down is fine for a daytime look, it would have been nicer pulled back in a half updo to display that lovely brooch and earrings and not look like it's swamping her per usual.

Last edited:
I'm pleased to see Kate in pink. It's not her best color, but it's pretty and appropriate. And by gum, that IS a brooch on her right shoulder. If she'd just put her hair behind her we could see these things. I don't care if she wears it up or down, I just don't think it should dominate her, and when she wears it hanging in great chunks down in front, it does dominate. Push it back and be done with it.

The shoes are okay.

I'm starting to think maybe Kate dresses for the Queen's approval. I'm also starting to think that pearls, being so strongly associated with Princess Diana, are something Kate wants to stay clear of. There have been a few outfits lately where pearls would have been lovely.

She look nice and appropriate. I hate the shoes though and usually I love all of her footwear.

It's okay. Not a fan of the color, but quite elegant all in all. Considering that Queen Anne-Marie wore a pretty similar dress, I just find it a tad too old for Kate.

The dress is nice, but nothing special. Her make-up doesn't look good, especially in this picture :ermm:

She looks so lovely! The color is gorgeous!

Very nice dress.I love it's tailoring and color.
I think I am in the minority here but I like her shoes.
I agree with those who think that she should put her hair behind her ears.
Her make-up is a bit heavy though

This is a pretty dress, one I would actually wear. I'm not in love with the shoes, I don't like the color but I'm not going to say they would have looked better in the same color as the dress. Anyone have suggestions on the shoes? Maybe black, white, or silver?
As for the hair, same complaints by the same people. I would have liked if Kate wore it to one side over a shoulder and perhaps had an accessory.

This is a pretty dress, one I would actually wear. I'm not in love with the shoes, I don't like the color but I'm not going to say they would have looked better in the same color as the dress. Anyone have suggestions on the shoes? Maybe black, white, or silver?
As for the hair, same complaints by the same people. I would have liked if Kate wore it to one side over a shoulder and perhaps had an accessory.
Personally, if I had to style myself in that dress, I would wear shoes with a completely different color. Green, pink, (darker than the shoes, obviously) red. Or even black ankle-booties. It's such a sweet, delicate dress. I would throw some attitude to it. But obviously, it's not the event for such experiments.

I think Kate dresses to be appropriate and that is all. She looked lovely in a very tasteful dress with minimum amount of bling. I think Kate is well aware of the times when she is to "shine" (BAFTA, Olympic dinner) and when she is to be a respectful member of the Royal family. I think Kate has shown a real gift over her first year of knowing how to dress appropriately. In my recollection, the only misstep I felt she made was when she wore an extravagant Alexander McQueen outfit to Birmingham after the riots when one of her simpler dresses would have sufficed. But all in all she has done an amazing job her first year. She has shown to have good instincts; she is not trying to be a fashion icon, just a good consort to William.

Nice color choice! It's nice to see her in pink. She looks very appropriate for the occasion.

Catherine looks lovely and feminine in this dress. The shoes appear to be satin in the pics, which seems like an odd choice for daytime wear, but I like them with their soft color. As for her hair, it would be nice if she would tuck it behind her ear/ears when she is wearing a beautiful brooch and earrings so they could be seen, as she did in the one pic. :)

I'd rather see the shoes from the side before passing judgement. You can't get the proper effect from the front alone.

One thing we can be sure of, they're nicer than the shoes King Mswati's wife was wearing, which were actually designed by someone who criticised Kate's choice of shoes!

Very cute dress...I really like the color. The only thing I don't like are the shoes. They don't seem to go with the outfit. Other than that, she looks lovely and was one of the best dressed at today's luncheon.

One thing we can be sure of, they're nicer than the shoes King Mswati's wife was wearing, which were actually designed by someone who criticised Kate's choice of shoes!

I just saw her shoes. Yikes! They're awful.

Last edited:
I love the pink dress. It's very understated, yet still elegant and classy. I love the color; it's lovely with Catherine's complexion. The shoes are nice. The beige goes good with light pink. I believe her clutch matches her shoes.

Nice pink dress, pleats are for her. Same problem with hair, would like to see the brooch. Love the shoes.

It is perhaps on the 'mature' side, but I really do like Catherine's dress from the luncheon. It was a classic, feminine piece in a lovely color, although perhaps not Catherine's best shade, and well tailored. She really does wear pleats well.

The jewellery looked lovely – I found it exciting to see her in a brooch. For me, the shoes were just ok.

Her hair and makeup were typical, and yes I would have liked to see her with her hair up or pulled back so that the neckline would be better displayed and the jewellery shown off. (For me, it is not about a dislike of her hair, or being in the 'hair up' or 'hair down' camp; it is no more sinister than a case of what style I would like to see with a particular outfit, just like I might like to see certain accessories with a given outfit.)

All-in-all, Catherine looked elegant, very understated and, most importantly, very appropriate for the event.

Catherine Looks So Pretty , her Dress Nice Simple Elegant & Suit her very well , I Like The Color Of the Dress & Looks Nice On Kate , The Brooch gave Classic Royalty Touch To The Dress , Successful Choice , her Diamond earring Lovely , Thank you ALL for Posting .

The dress color was nice, great for the season but I would've liked to see her in something less boring. The shoes IMO were not nice, the hair all over the place and the outfit was too plain. Kate did wear a brooch but unfortunately if left at home would be ideal as the hair was covering it in most pictures.

What does she wear for the evening, or she was not in the banquet?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom