The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton's fashion hits and misses in pictures
Kate Middleton's fashion hits and misses in pictures - Fashion Galleries - Telegraph

I agree about all the hits and misses, a part for her jeans with flower shirt, I love them, also I like the cream coat in the picture with Camilla, the dress worn in the dinner of her wedding, the flowry blue coat, I don't see why they are misses?

After her wedding dress, my favourite evening gown is the one in black lace fabric with white tone under it.

For day wear, I like the most the deep blue coat with gold buttons, and the deep marine blue suit. For casual wear, I love the jeans with the shirt.

Last edited:
The only thing that stands out about Kate's shoes are that they have a rather tall heel. She is already a tall woman and when she couples them with those shoes she tends to tower over about 50% of the people she is around. It is even more noticeable when she was working with the Queen who is a short lady.

I love Kate's shoes. I think they are classy and elegant. I am glad she (and other royals) does not wear flashy shoes!

I agree, her shoes are classy, elegant and usually nuetral so they go with everything. I really love her style.
They save the flashiness for the headgear, instead!!!:p

Those hit and miss pictures. I think the editor just wanted to throw in a few misses for effect.

I agree With All Hit But Not agree With all Miss , and I Really Think She’s Most Or On Of The Most Fashionable Royal Female , I Vote For The Best Fashionable Royal Females Duchess Of Cambrige and Princess Letizia They are The Best In my Taste . Thank you All for Posting .

I agree totally with Jack, she will never wear those awful shoes
She has far to much taste

Well said Jack...l

Absolutely!
Kate wears sensible comfortable clothes.
She is trying not to be the center of attention for her clothes, and I think that's a positive.

I've liked some of her choices, disliked others, but I've never thought she looked unsuitable for any event she attended.

You said all!! :p

Afterall, she choose to be elegant but not more. She does not want to be a clothe's horse!! She does not forget that one day she will be the Queen of England !!! (not Miss Universe)

imo i dont think kate is trying to be a trend sitter but she is

I believe anything she puts on will set a trend, whether unintentionally or not. It's just the result of her popularity and influence on a lot of people.

IMO there were s few more misses there and I loved the "second weding gown" and the red suit pre wedding.I really donot like the baby doll dresses she drags out they are to huge on that vv tiny frameIMO

I believe anything she puts on will set a trend, whether unintentionally or not. It's just the result of her popularity and influence on a lot of people.
I share similar sentiments. It is not that Catherine does not have some "hits" and some "misses" among her wardrobe choices, but a case of who she is that drives her influence - who she is both has and will cause almost anything she wears to be popular, and therefore "classic/elegant" and "trendy."

:previous: I'll definitely agree with "trendy" as the dynamics are exactly that. But classic is a "yeah, no" and elegant has definitely yet to be achieved!

:previous: I'll definitely agree with "trendy" as the dynamics are exactly that. But classic is a "yeah, no" and elegant has definitely yet to be achieved!
As I think who/what she is drives both her influence and many of the labels (i.e. elegant) she is given, I'll leave Catherine's success in actually dressing in an elegant and/or classic manner to the eye of the beholder ;).

For me, as I mentioned in my previous post, I think some of her sartorial choices have been better and some not as good. But, I think, Catherine has had a good first year on the job.

Last edited:
I love the casual style; everything in this outfit works for me. :)
Lupo is gorgeous.

I like her casual style as well and think her boot warmers are really cute. I love Kate in the midst of the children and it's adorable how the little boy is holding Lupo's leash.

Last edited:
I like her casual outfit. She looks really nice & relaxed.

Catherine really knows how to rock casual wear. She looks great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like her wedges not sure about the dress.

Might be the style of the dress but it looks too big.

Not too keen on the dress. It has a 'Little House on the Prairie' feel. Do like the wedges though.

That dress just has too much of a granny look to it, and not an outfit I'd wear on a windy day. It also ages her.

Last edited:
The dress is very Zooey Deschanel, whom's style I'm not a fan of. There's only a certain type of girl who can pull off these style of dresses without looking too matronly.

Meh, I don't mind it. Don't love it, don't hate it. She must have weights in the skirt this time, otherwise it would've been up round her shoulders as it's VERY windy today.

Yeah, I was also thinking she had weights in the hem of her dress.

I don't care for this dress at all.
Apart from being a couple of sizes too big for Kate, it also looks quite matronly even on a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom