The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 8: April 2012 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Personally, I haven't seen any posts on the Royal Forums calling Kate a gold-digger or accusations of her ensnaring William, so I doubt that the source of where the writer got those ideas came from here. Usually, threads get closed down for cleanup when discussions and comments cross the line. And normally any comment about Kate's weight gets quickly tossed out by the mods. There are definitely highly opinionated people here discussing her hair, makeup, outfits etc., but there are a lot of other forums out there that are really OTT and vicious when discussing royals. And I really don't think that pertains to here.

Last edited:
The pink dress is fab! But the shoes! Wow...the shoes ruined the outfit for me. She should've worn the Jimmy Choo's she wore at the event earlier this week.

CrownPrincess55, those shoes were very beautiful and I still want a pair. But I do wonder if those shoes would be suitable for a luncheon like this where monarchs and royals from around the world were gathered. What do you think?

Several posts have been removed as they were off-topic to the thread. Please stick to the topic, and be respectful to one another.

If you have any issues with moderator decisions within the fashion forum, please contact one of the fashion moderators - myself, dazzling and iceflower - and do not post them within the thread, as this does not follow TRF's guidelines.

JessRulz
House of Fashion Moderator

Personally I am convinced that Mary once gave Marie a dress to have it recoloured and that the same happened to the Issa-dress of Catherine. In both cases the original colour went well with the new one and I personally bet we won't see that "blue" Issa dress agin. Just like we didn't see the grey dress again on Mary after Marie wore it in purple...:flowers:

Pippa has worn that dress like two years before Kate got engaged

Personally I am convinced that Mary once gave Marie a dress to have it recoloured and that the same happened to the Issa-dress of Catherine. In both cases the original colour went well with the new one and I personally bet we won't see that "blue" Issa dress agin. Just like we didn't see the grey dress again on Mary after Marie wore it in purple...:flowers:

I dont agree. The dresses are affordable and therefore I don't see why each one could have their hands on the same dress in a different colors especially since they buy outfits from the same designers.

Kate might not wear her blue dress again simple because it was her engagement outfit and I know many women who won't wear their engagement outfit again as its a special occasion and won't repeat it.

The pink dress is lovely and good for the event she is trying not to up stage the Queen.

Personally, I haven't seen any posts on the Royal Forums calling Kate a gold-digger or accusations of her ensnaring William, so I doubt that the source of where the writer got those ideas came from here. Usually, threads get closed down for cleanup when discussions and comments cross the line. And normally any comment about Kate's weight gets quickly tossed out by the mods. There are definitely highly opinionated people here discussing her hair, makeup, outfits etc., but there are a lot of other forums out there that are really OTT and vicious when discussing royals. And I really don't think that pertains to here.

i agree kate at least had a college education and would have made money on her own unlike other plus kate's family has money so the question is why all the hateing?
dont forget princess di's had two sons and harry is still available

Pale colours are always a winner to me...I admire for for not beeing too mucht pretentious...I admire her for her simplicity and elegance at the same time. She can be superior, tastefully but simple and to me that is the best aprroach!

Am new to this great thread.

Without commenting on individual past outfits I'll start off by saying that, to date, I find the majority of Kate's outfits to be very conservative. IMO, she dresses like someone much, much older than her.

Of the few "young" outfits which she wore I liked the dress and jacket she wore the morning after the wedding and the dress she wore to the Gary Barlow concert.

I'm looking forward to seeing what she wears next.

The dress is nice, but nothing special. Her make-up doesn't look good, especially in this picture :ermm:

I think she looks nice, but not exceedingly madeup as her usual! it's good to just commingle with the crowd every once in a while . . . I believe I saw another royal wearing a similar outfit that night . . . ;)

I believe I saw another royal wearing a similar outfit that night . . . ;)

That night. ? As in at the dinner hosted by Charles & Camilla. ? I don't recall any of the ladies wearing a short, pleated dress.

Charlene of Monaco wore pink that night but her evening dress and Kate's day dress were streets apart.

The Royal Garden Party today - same dress as Lunch with Monarchs plus a hat! Typical DM - damning with faint praise

Thrifty Kate gets her money's worth out of £1,200 designer dress as she recycles Jubilee dress for Palace garden party | Mail Online

I dont recall seeing Kate recycling in such a short period of time or recycling at all. Nice to see this again, its a nice coat dress for the event BUT Kate should've worn a brooch with this, it looks too plain.. I don't know what to think of the hat, its quite an old style which works well with the dress but I don't really like it. There are many nice hats out there.

Last edited:
I think the outfit is just okay am still deciding what I think about the hat am not crazy about all that lace.

For the amount of money Kate paid for the dress, she should recycle it, but a brooch would have been a nice addition as she wore for the luncheon. And with her hair pulled back nicely, a brooch would have shown up well. The hat is nice, but I'd have liked it better if not for the peak side; looks like a tricorn from that angle. But at least it's not a huge dish like some hats I've seen.

Last edited:
The hat is not my favourite; the general design reminds me of satellite dishes Sophie favours, with the addition of some rather ugly details.
The dress is nice but I have never been overly fond of it.

Last edited:
That's some ugly hat... weird size and a decidedly odd shape, extremely unflattering.
And why on earth would you wear Great-Granny's crochet coasters sewn to your hat as 'embellishments'...?! :eek:

I had the impression that she was beginning to tone down her make up somewhat, but here it is again applied with a shovel - not too smart for a day event.
But the shade of pink is beautiful, and at least her hair is not all over the place this time.

:previous:
Completely agree with you.

The hat is horrible. Here is a close up; the more I see it, the more I hate it.
Her makeup looks just too heavy, especially the blusher.

Last edited:
Boris,
You are spot-on with your assessment of Catherine's, Duchess of Cambridge, hat. Tanned complexion is not particularly flattering.

Last edited:
you know what? I actually liked the hat and thought it went very well with the dress. And I also prefer the shoes worn this time. I did not lke at all the previous satin shoes - their shape was not flattering.

I disliked the dress when first worn and hate it now, the hat looks stupid.

The only thing I like about the hat is that it keeps the hair out of the way. Other than that, this thing is plain ugly.
Make up ... no comment. It almost looks like theater make up, up close its rather clownish.
I do like the dress, the shade of pink is pretty. Without a brooch etc the design is too plain.

My feelings exactly, Boris and Duke! I cannot add anything to what either of you had to say...

I like the hat as well. The dress is rather plain, but pretty and suitable; and the hat can be "fussy" as a result. The Dss of Cambridge was there as junior to the Dss of Cornwall, and so it was only right that she didn't "turn up the volume."

you know what? I actually liked the hat and thought it went very well with the dress. And I also prefer the shoes worn this time. I did not lke at all the previous satin shoes - their shape was not flattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom