The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 7: March 2012 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Dierna23's point is that BRF who perform royal duties (i.e. not Zara, Beatrice, Eugenie, etc) do not wear high heels. If you look at Anne, Sophie and Camilla they wear shoes with slightly lower heels. From what I see Sophie tends to wear high heels at social occasions (of course not every time). Of course there is an age difference, and for any female poster who is in their late 30's and beyond...you know what I am talking about. I used to be able to wear all kinds of shoes now I look at young ladies and say....my feet hurt just looking at her!

Of course Kate can and is probably comfortable in wearing the heels she does, and frankly I see no need to lower her heels just because she is tall. She should hide her height because people are shorter than her (and I am 5' 2"). I don't think so.

Yes, that's what I meant, Zonk. I don't mind high heels at Ascot etc. or when she attends galas. I'm a tad younger than Kate and I enjoy seeing a sexy/stylish pair of heels to be honest. ;) But for visiting children or doing things like planting trees her heels could be a bit lower. It's just more practical and comfortable I think.

Last edited:
I think Kate wears heels to balance her body.
My sister has a similar body type to Kate; tall and lean, with upper and lower body nearly of the same size. She tends to wear heels and wedges to give her lower body a bit of edge and make her legs appear longer (in comparison to the upper body). It just gives an extra confidence.

Here is a roundup of all of her outfits from last week.My favorite is that lovely grey dress.At first I liked the blue dress but,now I feel it makes her look old.

The gray is my favorite as well; it's more youthful looking on her. While I love the blue color of that dress, the style is a bit matronly for her on more consideration. The same goes for the green dress, too.

Last edited:
:previous:
And mine. It was so very elegant and feminine, and the beautiful details kept it from being boring.
The green dress is lovely, but something is missing for me; it just doesn't look complete.
The colour of the blue dress is wonderful, but the dress itself is a bit disappointing.

How wonderful to see such great looks from Kate lately, starting with the hockey day, nice youthful look, only the hair looked outof place. A low ponytail would have been nicer.
Thank heavens the perfectly fitting grey dress and lovely green coat dress had the perfect lengths, really flattering her.
I would have loved a brighter green, but so happy with the real hat.
The blue dress is "fine", the pretty cross and belt jazzed it up.
And, the makeup is getting better, lighter.
Listened to her speech and was very impressed, she has a lovely, kind voice and manner.

The gray is my favorite as well; it's more youthful looking on her. While I love the blue color of that dress, the style is a bit matronly for her on more consideration. The same goes for the green dress, too.

I love the grey dress she wore last Thursday also. It was very elegant and appropriate, but still youthful and fun. Catherine looked great in it.

The blue dress is 5 years old, even ol' Carole had borrowed it once for Ascot. ;)
It must have costed around 150 pounds, BTW. It's nothing special, and it's actually rather unfortunate that Catherine's bust area can't support it at all. Hope she recycles it again after her first pregnancy. :)

My favorites are the grey dress and the green dress. Something very elegant about both looks.

The blue dress is 5 years old, even ol' Carole had borrowed it once for Ascot. ;)
It must have costed around 150 pounds, BTW. It's nothing special, and it's actually rather unfortunate that Catherine's bust area can't support it at all. Hope she recycles it again after her first pregnancy. :)

It's unfortunate that her bust area can't support it?:ROFLMAO: She looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ To you she may look perfect, I have a different opinion. The dress didn't fit properly, particularly the top part.

2 words will fix that...Miracle Bra.

^ To you she may look perfect, I have a different opinion. The dress didn't fit properly, particularly the top part.
Yes, I know it's may be considered heresy, but while the colour of the dress is wonderful the fit is appalling. It is an ill-fitting rag and makes Catherine look like she has no shape whatsoever. I wish she would recycle some of her more fitted and fitting clothes from her Canadian tour. They at least were all tailored to suit her figure.

I have to agree the dress is really quite terrible, the colour IS nice on her, but come on, is this a girl popping down the shops, is it ... NO. The dress was also a poor choice in light of tree planting obligations am a bit tired of her ragbag wardrobe frankly and the too cute dresses suitable for a 12 yr old. I'm sorry I think she needs better guidance.

Last edited:
My favorite is the grey dress also...this last blue dress will look awful is almoust everyone except for Catherine that has a lolvey shape body...neverthenless it is an awful dress...

Lupo is getting soooooooo big...I like her casual look...very unpretentious!

Not saying this in a bad way, but she's wearing what you would expect to see when walking your dog in a park. I don't expect her to wear prada and a pair of jimmy choo heels. :lol:

Of course what she's wearing is entirely appropriate. But some posters criticised Kate as boring for wearing jeans, jumper and scarf to do her grocery shopping at Tesco!

I think Kate puts together a better look for casual wear than her more formal outfits for public engagements.

Nothing special but it's comfortable outfit for a walk with dog.

I have recently fallen for the dark blue Ted baker london jacket of hers and apparently she has the touch that whatever she wears it gets sold out at the store quickly.

I love the casual look. Her trainers look comfortable for the walking and playing sports.

Does anyone know who designed Kate's ski pants?

u know if she wore a bra and had on a tight or form fitting dress people would still not be happy with her choice of clothing so lets leave her form alone-if she doesnt wear a mircle bra..great or would u like her to look more like a pinup or a reg person

semisquare said:
u know if she wore a bra and had on a tight or form fitting dress people would still not be happy with her choice of clothing so lets leave her form alone-if she doesnt wear a mircle bra..great or would u like her to look more like a pinup or a reg person

How has Catherine wearing a bra got anything to do with this? As far as I can tell, she always has. People will always have opinions on what she wears, that why this threads exists.

Neither do I, fandesacs2003. I haven't a clue what it is about.

I suggest that discussions about underwear is not really appropriate and we get back to fashion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom