The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: October 2011 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite agree. The colour is great, the plunge neck is vulgar and the dress shape is - none whatsoever. But then Issa seems to be the ultimate "slimwear".

Catherine seems to favour this particular style but, to me it is more "bedroom" than "ballroom" and does not flatter her shape at all. The "shape" thing is what I truly do not understand. What woman insists on wearing clothes that make her look flat and shapeless? Does she not look at photo's of herself? The camera is said to add pounds . . . . what must she see when she looks at herself in the mirror?

The purple dress's fabric is very cheap-looking to me (yes, as if it came from a low end lingerie store). I can't think of anyone on whom this style would be flattering, and it seems such a departure from the more classic styles she usually wears.

Oh Gee ...... does anyone else have anything to add to trash Catherine's appearance? Just to make things "interesting" I offer my opinion .... I think she looks lovely, and as to "vulgar" or "cheap" .... pardon me while I pick myself up off the floor from laughing. :ROFLMAO:

I doubt Catherine could look "vulgar" even if she tried.

I don't mind the Issa dresses, and I thought the purple one was nice, LOL! My only problem with the purple one is the fabric seemed very flimsy. Could have been better, IMO.

I like the Issa dress, the colour is lovely, the fabric is fine, it is a very simple dress that we could wear during the day however it fits the occasion very well, again a big yes for her!

I wonder if we'll see new fashions for the trip to Denmark or recycled items that Kate's worn before. I expect if she wants to keep up with the fashionable Mary, she'll have one or two new things in her repertoire. :whistling:

If Catherine were more full-figured, she wouldn't be able to get away with it. As slim and..er...flat as she is, she looks okay.

The only good thing I have to say about the purple Issa dress is its color, but I really don't care for the plunging neckline at all either.

I wonder if we'll see new fashions for the trip to Denmark or recycled items that Kate's worn before. I expect if she wants to keep up with the fashionable Mary, she'll have one or two new things in her repertoire. :whistling:

I'm going to guess that we'll be seeing something recycled, but perhaps not worn for a few years. Knowing Catherine, she may choose to go low key to emphasize the cause. That's just my guess of course. Maybe she'll surprise us and pull out all the stops with a new outfit.

I'm going to guess that we'll be seeing something recycled, but perhaps not worn for a few years. Knowing Catherine, she may choose to go low key to emphasize the cause. That's just my guess of course. Maybe she'll surprise us and pull out all the stops with a new outfit.

I suspect we will something new and autumnal.

But understated and suitable for the UNICEF visit, I suspect. How long is the trip; just the day? There will probably be other changes of outfits if a bit longer.

I think Catherine will wear something similar to what she wore when visiting the children's hospital - very plain and simple, yet hopefully in a bright Autumnal colour.
I wonder whether it is more of a case that WE want her to keep up with the fashionable Mary and WE hope she will have one or two new things in her repertoire! I don't think queens-to-be look to each other for ideas on fashion and style, but I suppose you never know!!

i hope she stay away from dress and wear a pant suit for the first time

I think Catherine will wear something similar to what she wore when visiting the children's hospital - very plain and simple, yet hopefully in a bright Autumnal colour.
I wonder whether it is more of a case that WE want her to keep up with the fashionable Mary and WE hope she will have one or two new things in her repertoire! I don't think queens-to-be look to each other for ideas on fashion and style, but I suppose you never know!!

I suppose one could always obtain a fashion tip or two from each other; I always say you're never too old to learn! It will be interesting to see what each princess wears, although I'm sure they're savvy enough not to dominate the occasion with their outfits but will wear something suitable and practical. But I do hope we see color!

Last edited:
Not surprising, really.;)

I know, what a shock, eh? I would not necessarily agree with it, but Catherine does have some beautiful clothes. I do often find she dresses slightly older than her age but then I a reminded of the position she is in now. She has to dress to fit the position of a Royal, I guess.

Fashion goes in cycles, so the ladylike and decorous look is popular again, thanks to Kate.

Last edited:
The coat makes her look smaller if that makes sense and the boots need to go. Agree with DoM that the belt looks tacky.

I actually really like this look (belt and all). I think the boots go well with the outfit and I'm glad she wore them instead of regular heels.

Last edited:
From my point of view,Kate looks really classy and the belt is really nice element that makes visible her slim figure,I really liked her outfit,she is really charming in it.

Yes, I think Catherine looked wonderful in her red coat. I also liked Frederik's super blue suede suit, but I do wish William would get another shirt and tie set!

I like Kate's outfit and the boots, and am so glad she's wearing a warm red. And I guess we just can't get away from the fact that whatever she seems to wear makes her look very slim. But why are she and William wearing what looks to be like poppies on their lapels? I noticed Mary and Fred don't have this.

Last edited:
I like Kate's outfit and the boots, and am so glad she's wearing a warm red. And I guess we just can't get away from the fact that whatever she seems to wear makes her look very slim. But why are she and William wearing what looks to be like poppies on their lapels? I noticed Mary and Fred don't have this.

They are remembrance poppies, in memory of the Great War, which ended on 11/11 1918.
Denmark stayed out of WWI.

The poppy is not specific to WWI anymore really. In the UK we wear poppies to honour all those who have fought and died for our country in conflicts since WWI. We pay for them and the money is used to help ex-service personnel and their families.

I thought the red coat was beautiful.

I hoped she would dress down a little bit , but nevertheless I really like the red coat and the belt,she looked absolutely great!
Even though there are a lot of women who would also deserve the title "best dressed" like the Duchess,I am glad that Kate put an end to the reign of Kate Moss "heroin chic"....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom