The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: October 2011 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kate has looked very elegant and very pretty,the colour favoured her very much,despite of the original shape of her hat

I love the color but the hat is strange.

Nice outfit but that hat has got to go. :ROFLMAO:
Well said! That "hat" is just another incarnation of the dreaded Remembrance fascin . . . err . . . hat thingie! I would have love to have seen her in a "real hat" both times but, at least she wore her Christmas bonnet with flair and on a really chic angle. Where the half up do met the back of the, erm hat, was the best part. The festive looped ribbon effect with her hair tumbling down the back looked great.

I thought her coat dress was a lovely colour and a very flattering length. It was so nice to see a sensible outfit teamed with dark tights and shoes. And yes, I really do think there will be a "major run on dark tights" on boxing day! (No pun intended!)

But the very best thing about her Christmas look was her make-up. I has softened and looked really natural with no sharp shiny eyeliner or harsh blusher. The eyes were softer and the blush, exactly that, a slight blush over the cheeks. It made her look radiant, shining eyes and fabulous smile with cheeks that didn't clash with the colour of her hat!

I wonder why the Palace will only say that Kate's coat was by 'an independent British designer'. Anyone any idea why they would choose not to give the designer's name? They happily gave the name of the designer of her hat. Maybe they wanted to remain anonymous? But that wouldn't really make sense for obvious reasons.

Anyone any ideas or am I just being really dense and missing something obvious?

I like the outfit and the hat - sort of 1940's style. Not everyone's cup of tea but ironically the hat is kind of like a tea cup and saucer!! Overall It's a distinctively Catherine look.

I wonder why the Palace will only say that Kate's coat was by 'an independent British designer'. Anyone any idea why they would choose not to give the designer's name? They happily gave the name of the designer of her hat. Maybe they wanted to remain anonymous? But that wouldn't really make sense for obvious reasons.

Anyone any ideas or am I just being really dense and missing something obvious?

I am wondering if she is going for Private Bespoke rather like the Queen. At present everything she wears is sold out within days so, if you want to avoid becoming the worlds biggest sales advertisement you change your buying/dressing habits.

Any small Atelier couldn't possibly handle a "rush" of Kate wannabees demanding the same outfit so, if it is a select little establishment it doesn't need the massive intrusion of the international press nor it's attendent distuption.

More importantly, Kate gets to keep the cost of her ensemble private!

Last edited:
Actually, I like the outfit! As always I love when couples are corniated-

Like the outfit and especially the color. Not only is it in the Christmas Spirit but it is also something Kate hasn't worn before. Would have been better if she had wore nude stockings and the same color shoes as her coat and hat; we've seen those shoes before right? Nice to see she is still willing to recycle. Definitely do not like that hat.

Last edited:
I love that rich wine/plum color on Kate; reminds me of a coat I used to have like that. I like this style hat on her, but would have preferred to have seen a decoration on the front slope of the brim rather than the back. It looked too bare this time, although the rear view of the hat must have looked lovely. But it's a pert and jaunty look for her, and it suits her. Her hair and makeup look lovely, but my other gripe is the too-dark hosiery. A lighter tone would have definitely looked better, and matching shoes to her outfit would have really coordinated well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom