The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first dress was too much green and too fussy.. but as far as I can see she hasn't worn green all the time.. she's worn differnet colours. And it would be expected that she wear something green at least once or twic..

At least she recycled the green McQueen coat I guess - but another disappointing look on Kate today in Galway

This tour hasn't been her best in terms of fashion

Kate is always looking, like wearing a military uniform - with her coats and all. Well, the Brits like this! I am not so sure about the Irish... :

Well I am a Brit and have no particular fondness for military uniforms - certainly not when inspired for the purposes of fashion. I think this view probably harps back to the older generation.
Really not liking this latest green dress. In fact there hasn’t been a standout outfit for me on this tour. And I really don’t want to see her in green anytime soon.

I disagree, it’s not about learning recycling from them. It’s about showing that they do keep and recycle their clothes. Women’s bodies change, Catherine has had 3 children and it wouldn’t be amiss if she wore none of her old clothes because they don’t fit. But she does.

Recycling is something to be praised in the age of fast fashion and it’s something younger generations are looking at in a new light.

And you think that a woman wearing a coat three times in twelve years is a good example??? The reality is the majority of the young people into fast fashion don’t have the money to only wear an item once and put in closet for a few years or throw away. Even if they only wear the piece until the trend ends they likely wear that item at least ten times more then a royal like Kate would. Outer jackets prime example. Most people maybe have two per season if that. They are likely to wear their wool winter jacket five days a week. Not five times a decade.

Royals should be applauded for not always wearing new. But hardly an example.

Investing in fewer high quality items with multiple uses. And shopping in thrift stores to actually recycle are the trends. Not something royals can teach.

I disagree as none of us know how often royals wear their clothing pieces during their off time. We only see them for public activities and the rare paparazzi shot.

Exactly we don’t see it.

I was responding to a poster saying they wanted more young people to be interested in royals. That watching Kate would be the prime example of recycling. If she is wearing them in private and we don’t see, then it’s not an example to inspire anyone. You have to know they are actually doing it and see them doing it.

Last edited:
And you think that a woman wearing a coat three times in twelve years is a good example??? The reality is the majority of the young people into fast fashion don’t have the money to only wear an item once and put in closet for a few years or throw away. Even if they only wear the piece until the trend ends they likely wear that item at least ten times more then a royal like Kate would. Outer jackets prime example. Most people maybe have two per season if that. They are likely to wear their wool winter jacket five days a week. Not five times a decade.

Royals should be applauded for not always wearing new. But hardly an example.

Investing in fewer high quality items with multiple uses. And shopping in thrift stores to actually recycle are the trends. Not something royals can teach.

How do you know she’s only worn the coat three times in 12 years?

I don’t understand how one Royal is applauded and one isn’t....

:previous: Well I don’t applaud any royals for recycling so that’s solved:flowers:

We have seen it three times. To inspire youth to recycle they have to see it. So no imagining she may wear it in private is not going to inspire youth.

The Duchess of Cambridge wore green again on her final day in Ireland today, March 5 wearing a Suzannah dress:

** Full view ** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** With her green coat **

Later she changed into a casual/sporty outfit:

** Full view **

Another green look. She does realize Ireland doesn’t require green right? Just a note Kate next visit to Canada we don’t expect you to wear red.

This dress looks cheap. The material is flimsy with the belt. Pattern too large.

While I am happy she used one of her many owned coats I hate the boob flaps on this. I agree with Lagerfeld, in this case she looks like a Flight attendant.

I do like her casual look. Top is a nice color on her.

I am never excited by her clothes but on tour she usually had a few stand out looks. This tour not yet.

:previous: Well I don’t applaud any royals for recycling so that’s solved:flowers:

We have seen it three times. To inspire youth to recycle they have to see it. So no imagining she may wear it in private is not going to inspire youth.

Well we’ll have to agree to disagree on what I believe is a rather cynical view of fashion.

Last edited:
As someone in her mid-twenties, I don't see the Duchess as someone who gets applauded by the youth for recycling items to be quite honest. We make our own choices about fashion, style and sustainability.

The heavy coat and boots were practical given how chilly it was however I wasn't mad about the green dress ,I know it was the last day and they were in the capital of Connacht and a traditionally Irish/Gaelic speaking part of Eire so that may have the reason for more the duchess in green .

Today's green coat is one of my least favorite of Catherine's green coats. Almost entirely because of the bodice pocket flaps.

I do like the dress generally. I love the v neckline and the length, I like the color and print, but I'm not crazy about the puff at the shoulder. That is personal, I know that is coming back into style.

Last edited:
I like today's green dress just fine, but does she think wearing green in Ireland is a requirement? It's a nice gesture, but at some point comes off as quasi costume-y IMO

The fact she still had the coat 12 years later shows to me she uses it a lot in her private life where we don't see pictures.

I would like to see her other coats used more on engagements - sometimes I feel she almost has a new designer winter coat for every public appearance.

This tour hasn't been her best in terms of fashion

> I am usually a fan of Catherine's fashion choices, but I just do not think I liked her wardrobe for this tour very much.

> I also wish she had reused more of her existing collection of green coats and dresses, that would have sent such a positive message.

> I am also not a fan of her wearing clothes by foreign brands when on official duties.

> The "vintage" Oscar de la Renta dresss was really not something I liked at all!

That outfit is DIVINE, I want to own every piece of it.

I have the exactly same flats :cool:
Duchess doesn't look impressed by the paparazzi presence but she kooks wonderful in this casual outfit, i also want all th pieces to go with my shoes :D

I like the colour of the coat, but otherwise it’s pretty run of the mill. In fairness she isn’t on an official engagement.

I am glad that she doesn't dress like this at engagements. Not impressed at all. But at times we see her preference for really tight trousers at official engagements too.

I really love her off duty style. Normal 30+ yo style actually. I wear near identical outfits often. Classic, flattering and practical.

I love this outfit too - her off duty style is very similar to how my daughter dresses (same age group).

I am in that age group and sorry pretty dull.

Granny shoes and a turtleneck looking to strangle her.

The color is great and I’d wear the coat.

Her casual events looks are by far her best look age wise.

mmh, i have never met a granny dressed like that. Anyhow!!

I am on the same age group and I dress like that when running errands and stay comfortable.

I love the color of the coat!

mmh, i have never met a granny dressed like that. Anyhow!!

I am on the same age group and I dress like that when running errands and stay comfortable.

I love the color of the coat!

I said the shoes were very granny and yeah many a grandmother had those.

I simply said the rest was dull.

Yeah I don’t know many grannies that would wear loafers like that. They’re incredibly popular in the U.K., particularly with the working woman.

I mean, to be completely honest, fashion often re-uses or re-imagines certain items or styles - a few times now I've been able to find in my mum's closet something that's trendy right now, but was also in style when she was my age. The loafers are certainly very "in", have been for quite a while now.

I said the shoes were very granny and yeah many a grandmother had those.

I'm a granny & I sometimes wear shoes like that with trousers & jeans. My daughter would wear the rest of Catherine's outfit but not the shoes - with jeans she usually wears ballet flats.

Exactly how I dress to run errands, grab coffee/lunch with a friend, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom