The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the photo of her in sprinting pose. She looks totally natural and a nice look.

I love the color and the top, not crazy about the pants (whatever you want to call them).

LaRae

I love the color and the top, not crazy about the pants (whatever you want to call them).

LaRae

Same.

That length of pants, (are they culottes?), has been around for awhile now and I keep waiting for the trend to pass. They don’t flatter anyone. Kate is tall with long, slim legs and IMO it’s still not a good look.

I feel like that cut and material would look amazing if the length was extended down to make wide - ish leg trousers.

Correct..makes her look out of porportion too. Not a good length for her at all.

LaRae

Disappointed. I usually adore her casual sporty looks. This was a miss.

The color is great but the culottes are a no. Proportions totally wrong.

And the fitted blazer with the sporty look wasn't good either.

It's a total disaster. Why did I want such a serious jacket if I had very cheap clothes? Fatal appearance in general and the ufff hairstyle ... lshe ooks pretty bad.

Catherine looks great. The outfit is great for such an engagement - comfortable for sports but still smart.

I liked the overall look of the cullotts and the colour really looked good on her. I also like that her hair was pretty but appropriately tied back for such a sporting engagement.

However, she ran into trouble with her mix of cheap and not. She got the no visible sock look down well but instead of her M&S trainers looking trendy, the calibre of the rest of her ensemble highlighted that they were cheap rather than harmonising.

Her jacket was just all wrong for cullottes. A looser, nor fashion forward jacket would have clinched the look but her tailored jacket screamed Vogue Country Casual.

This is a mixed bag to me. I think the coat is okay but that shade of green is not my favorite. The print of the dress is lovely but not sure about the style of the dress. I will have to see it on Kate. The big problem is I don't think the two pieces look good together. The coat has more blue to the color while the dress has more yellowish tones. To me, they seem to clash. I absolutely hate the padded headband.

I think it's a perfect look- except for the headband.
I just really dislike those and hope the trend ends soon.

I love that green outfit on Catherine. You need a nice slim shape to pull that style off perfectly and she actually has that. I also am not a huge fan of the old 40s head bands but I can understand if they don't wear a hat as this type of band keeps the long hair from blowing into face...which always looks lousy. Over all, Catherine looks classic and well thought-out for the occasion. Cheers to her.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 -

This is a picture of the dress that was underneath the coat:

Unfortunately I find the pattern too busy, and I don’t think it’s particularly good on Catherine. The coat is nice.

The dress is Alessandra Rich, and the coat is Catherine Walker.

Last edited:
:eek: awful. I had to look twice. Neither do I like the style, nor the pattern of the dress. The green is... somewhat o-kay. But there are better greens, even in Ireland.

Though March is a traditionally green month in Eire;), I'm not overly mad about the print on the dress but I understand the sentiment of wearing green.

I LOVE that dress fabric but not the style of the dress (another 1970s rehash). The coat is beautiful - very elegant cut & no fussy add-ons.

Loving the green...think I’d like the dress shorter

Having now seen the dress, I don't particularly care for the style but it seems to be typical Kate and not necessarily in a good way. Unlike a lot of you, I like the print and the color of the dress. I think that fabric in a more sheath or pencil style dress would be better. I still don't care for the color of the coat.

The coat is lovely, although not exactly ground breaking in style. I like the print of the dress, but the style of the dress leans too far towards the fussy end of the scale for me. I think this is a case where the same cut of dress in a simpler print or a solid, or that print in a more streamlined style would have worked better. I'm not a fan of the headband. I like the green, though!

The coat is beautiful and is a nice, solid addition to the wardrobe. I really like the color and print of the dress. I'm not sure it's my favorite cut ever but I think it works. I'm not sure I'd have paired that dress with that coat.

The coat is beautiful and is a nice, solid addition to the wardrobe. I really like the color and print of the dress. I'm not sure it's my favorite cut ever but I think it works. I'm not sure I'd have paired that dress with that coat.

That about sums up my thoughts.

I really like color and print of the dress. It’s fun, a bit different.

I like the color and print of Catherine's dress. Her green is a cheerful color.:lucky::lucky:

I'm not a fan of Catherine's dress - it has a 1970s vibe and not in a good way. I get the green for Ireland but there are lots of nicer green dresses out there!

I really like the dress nice to see something completely different.

Ireland: my predictions before looking were matronly and green. No shock I was right.

The coat is great. Not always a fan of the double breasted but I like this coat a lot.

But the dress is another matronly borrowed grandmas dress look. She has so many dresses in almost identical style just different color. The pattern is nice.

And of course another juvenile headband.

I really dislike this dress.

Coat is beautiful Duchess really have a great collection of coats. The dress on the other hand is simply horrible sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom