The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the skirt but the jacket is bizarre. She has so many winter coats, I'd have thought one of them would have sufficed for today. Her hair is perfect though for a blustery day.

This is just hideous. The fit is off, the skirt is too long, there are too many buttons, the boots are terrible. It might have worked in the first season of Downton Abbey but not today. To me, if you are going to a rehabilitation hospital, you wear something bright and cheerful instead of something that wouldn't be out of place a a funeral.

Sorry another bizarre military theme coat. I wish she would stop doing these. This one is plain unflattering. All the different buttons it just distracting and doesn’t look well fitted.

I’d like the skirt but the length is off.

:previous:

I don't like that.
Reminds me of one of the Salvation Army costumes from GUYS AND DOLLS.

That's actually a very good description,I'm don't like the short jacket/long skirt combination.Catherine's hair is really nice.

Awful outfit on Kate - another poor choice from the McQueen designs.

The jacket too boxy, the skirt too long and the high neck looks odd.

She has SO many great outfits in her wardrobes and and MANY MANY winter coats that she should have dug into the realms of her closet

All those buttons are disturbing really
Not her best outfi...nice hairdo though

The worst outfit she’s worn for a long time. It’s drab and elongates her figure to a ridiculous extent. The heels just add to this effect. I agree that she would have been better recycling one of her many coats.

:previous:yes! Really don’t think leggings are appropriate for anyone in a professional setting

I think they were jeans.

Skinny jeans have been very common in the UK for about a decade now.

I think they were jeans.

Skinny jeans have been very common in the UK for about a decade now.

Yes we all wear them (except most of us at "a certain age' wear longer tops with them).

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we all wear them (except most of us at "a certain age' wear longer tops with them).

Yes they are popular here too with all types of figures. But jeans or leggings or yoga pants are not worn in a professional environment unless you are a yoga instructor. Or, as you say have a very long over top or knee length type cardigan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they are popular here too with all types of figures. But jeans or leggings or yoga pants are not worn in a professional environment unless you are a yoga instructor. Or, as you say have a very long over top or knee length type cardigan.

But if the 'professional environment' is a farm, skinny jeans are OK aren't they?

I can see your point but still don’t agree

Last edited:
Chacun a son gout

This is what Catherine likes to wear. Apparently neither William, nor the Queen, nor Charles, nor the “grey men” have acted to intervene, ergo they are not inappropriate regardless of what any of our individual opinions may be. I find the fashion of (fill in the blank) wildly unattractive, but not inappropriate, but it’s her/his taste, not mine.

I thought she looked fine for the farm visit, but wished that she’d chosen to change the skinny jeans for the afternoon visit.

I love the grey coat, turtleneck, & earrings, but I would have liked more appropriate, professional trousers for this event. She's due for a haircut IMO

i like both look today,both suitable for the engagements she was attending
i like grey coat alot

How do you wear a professional pants on a farm ,knowing that you are going to kneel or touch animals or worse .

:previous: Well she couldn’t have been too worried about the muck. Or she wouldn’t have worn them for the later event.

I really like the first look. Casual is her best. Looks her age and still appropriate.

I am not a fan of the second coat. The seems and style do nothing for me. Also don’t like paired with the rest of the outfit.

Jeggings not my favorite but good for sporting or outdoor. But if she planned to wear for second event I think she could have picked something else.

I really like the blue turtleneck and earrings. Jeggings seemed fitting for the farm, and she dressed the rest of her outfit up enough that the jeggings seemed fine for the next engagement.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the style of the blazer though.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Stanford Hall, Stanford on Soar, Loughborough today, February 11, wearing an Alexander McQueen jacket:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I dislike the outfit. I don't like the design.

A few off-topic comments have been removed. Thank you for your understanding!

The Duchess of Cambridge later today:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Beautiful jacket but I dislike the blouse.

I find Catherine's first outfit in Loughborough a little harsh, though I do like her second outfit.

Really love all her looks of late ...the blue jacket is very pretty ... but think she is doing a super job whatever she wears

How adorable does she look! Great casual athletic look. Love the wide trousers on her, fashionable, comfortable, sure beats those skinny jeans! Nice inexpensive look, the ponytail and sneakers make the look. will try to post some action photos from another site

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom