The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow today's fashion keeping me busy on my lunch break.

I love the color of this coat. And I even like the double buttons here, as they are same color and blend in. Elegant style. :flowers:

But I have never liked the velvet detail especially the huge collar on this.

And I am sorry this perched fascinator has me wishing for her headbands. It looks like she glued an art piece to her forehead.

At least she has a lovely hair style, and fantastic earrings.

I have to say usually i dont like the style of the DoC but i think she looks so regal in this shade of red, i also like the hat and the earrings just perfect and this all even its just another item for her coat-museum.:flowers:

I like the color of the red coat but it is same old same old when it comes to style. Quite frankly, I don't think that style does a whole lot for her. Any more, I am not sure what style she should try. As for the hat, at least it wasn't one of those hideous headbands but that doesn't mean I like it. There was one picture taken from above and I swear the hat looked like it was heart shaped. Even though it wasn't, it still looks like she has a Valentine's Day box of chocolates perched on her head. All in all, I was disappointed.

I adored the hat Catherine wore for the Commonwealth Service. It said English rose to me and she was exactly that.
Catherine was lovely in the deep jewel red. The colour did not compete fo centre stage but was majestic.
She was styled well with her hair up.
William's thin deep red tie and his darker suit was statesman like. A very together couple.

Last edited:
A rather predictable look for Catherine. The hat at least made it somewhat special. All in all, I wasn't impressed.

I wasn't sure about the coatdress at first, but watching videos, it looks great in motion. Kate is lucky to be able to carry off the double-breasted top and full skirt.

I like the color of Catherine's red coat. The red rose adds the finishing touch to her hat.

Love her look, reminded me of English rose. The hat and exquisite hairdo and earrings are very regal

Great recycle on Kate - lovely colour and nice to see it again. Repeating like this is perfect - she repeated the core of the outfit and added new accessories

A different look for Kate. Between the outfit & the haircut she looks fresh & modern.

I like this very much! Plus I'm very grateful to have some royal fashion to critique...

This haircut really suits her (I'd still trim off an inch or so) with the length and the layers. Much fresher. Great change on her :flowers:

I like this simple, streamlined suit. Reminds me of something Victoria would wear color wise. Marks and Spencer. Maybe not my favorite color for head to toe but still a nice change for her.

Love she is choosing more separates, which she can mix in match for future events.

All in a great different look for her. :flowers:

Pretty in pink and lovely hairstyle on the duchess today.

So Chic! Love the whole look

Catherine looks fantastic - business chic. The look also has a slightly retro vibe to me.

Good to see her in appropriate trousers for a change. She should have more outfits like this as she looks very professional.

Lovely color, like her hair and the suit.

LaRae

I like Catherine's shorter hair but would love it even a little shorter and not a blunt cut. Today's melon colour suit was a beautiful colour on her which in the situation we are in exudes a feeling of warmth to those she was visiting,

I just saw some news footage of the visit and I loved the sort of retro feel of the style of the jacket but it really suited Catherine. However when she moved away either the pants were suffering from of bad case of static cling or she had them made tight. The material clung to her exterior posterior sticking to her legs and making them ride a little further up her legs from her ankles than they were designed to do. It is perhaps fortunate that a rear view of her is not available and was therefore not photographed

The disconnect of style between the jacket and pants was unfortunate and I have to admit when I first saw her it was only the top and I imagined a beautifully tailored, perhaps even lined, matching pair of trousers. As to the sharp crease down the front of the legs, it almost looked like it had been sewn in. More importantly, Catherine needs to learn that just because she is wearing a pants suit, does not mean she should sprawl inelegantly when seated.

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/B657D5A7-E961-488C-9816-811CD845AE07.jpeg

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/D92205F2-F766-43EE-817B-B3266ADBB6D7.jpeg

I think that being egalitarian is one thing but we want to see her looking elegant. Trouser creep is a problem with slim-fit trousers unless they are fitted properly.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rd0iJtx6...-%26-Spencer-blazer-and-slim-leg-trousers.jpg

Her hair looks great. The pantsuit, which is a wonderful color, does not fit at all. The jacket is way too small, the sleeves are too short and the waist doesn’t hit her in her actual waist. The pants are pretty obviously poorly fit

Very elegant look for the Duchess!!

Just remind me the pink suit Victoria always wore. Lovely color but I can see the fitting problems too.

Just because they purchase from chain stores doesn't mean they cannot have it altered to fit!

I think the material and fit of this suit is very poor but I love the colour and style. However, I feel this all seems very petty given the purpose of the visit and the worrying times we are living through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom