The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Majesty

I think the first dress was too much green and too fussy.. but as far as I can see she hasn't worn green all the time.. she's worn differnet colours. And it would be expected that she wear something green at least once or twic..

Old 03-05-2020, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

At least she recycled the green McQueen coat I guess - but another disappointing look on Kate today in Galway

This tour hasn't been her best in terms of fashion

Old 03-05-2020, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Kate is always looking, like wearing a military uniform - with her coats and all. Well, the Brits like this! I am not so sure about the Irish... :

Well I am a Brit and have no particular fondness for military uniforms - certainly not when inspired for the purposes of fashion. I think this view probably harps back to the older generation.
Really not liking this latest green dress. In fact there hasn’t been a standout outfit for me on this tour. And I really don’t want to see her in green anytime soon.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I disagree, it’s not about learning recycling from them. It’s about showing that they do keep and recycle their clothes. Women’s bodies change, Catherine has had 3 children and it wouldn’t be amiss if she wore none of her old clothes because they don’t fit. But she does.

Recycling is something to be praised in the age of fast fashion and it’s something younger generations are looking at in a new light.
And you think that a woman wearing a coat three times in twelve years is a good example??? The reality is the majority of the young people into fast fashion don’t have the money to only wear an item once and put in closet for a few years or throw away. Even if they only wear the piece until the trend ends they likely wear that item at least ten times more then a royal like Kate would. Outer jackets prime example. Most people maybe have two per season if that. They are likely to wear their wool winter jacket five days a week. Not five times a decade.

Royals should be applauded for not always wearing new. But hardly an example.

Investing in fewer high quality items with multiple uses. And shopping in thrift stores to actually recycle are the trends. Not something royals can teach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I disagree as none of us know how often royals wear their clothing pieces during their off time. We only see them for public activities and the rare paparazzi shot.
Exactly we don’t see it.

I was responding to a poster saying they wanted more young people to be interested in royals. That watching Kate would be the prime example of recycling. If she is wearing them in private and we don’t see, then it’s not an example to inspire anyone. You have to know they are actually doing it and see them doing it.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
And you think that a woman wearing a coat three times in twelve years is a good example??? The reality is the majority of the young people into fast fashion don’t have the money to only wear an item once and put in closet for a few years or throw away. Even if they only wear the piece until the trend ends they likely wear that item at least ten times more then a royal like Kate would. Outer jackets prime example. Most people maybe have two per season if that. They are likely to wear their wool winter jacket five days a week. Not five times a decade.

Royals should be applauded for not always wearing new. But hardly an example.

Investing in fewer high quality items with multiple uses. And shopping in thrift stores to actually recycle are the trends. Not something royals can teach.

How do you know she’s only worn the coat three times in 12 years?

I don’t understand how one Royal is applauded and one isn’t....
Old 03-05-2020, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well I don’t applaud any royals for recycling so that’s solved

We have seen it three times. To inspire youth to recycle they have to see it. So no imagining she may wear it in private is not going to inspire youth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge wore green again on her final day in Ireland today, March 5 wearing a Suzannah dress:

** Full view ** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** With her green coat **

Later she changed into a casual/sporty outfit:

** Full view **

Another green look. She does realize Ireland doesn’t require green right? Just a note Kate next visit to Canada we don’t expect you to wear red.

This dress looks cheap. The material is flimsy with the belt. Pattern too large.

While I am happy she used one of her many owned coats I hate the boob flaps on this. I agree with Lagerfeld, in this case she looks like a Flight attendant.

I do like her casual look. Top is a nice color on her.

I am never excited by her clothes but on tour she usually had a few stand out looks. This tour not yet.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Well I don’t applaud any royals for recycling so that’s solved

We have seen it three times. To inspire youth to recycle they have to see it. So no imagining she may wear it in private is not going to inspire youth.
Well we’ll have to agree to disagree on what I believe is a rather cynical view of fashion.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

As someone in her mid-twenties, I don't see the Duchess as someone who gets applauded by the youth for recycling items to be quite honest. We make our own choices about fashion, style and sustainability.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The heavy coat and boots were practical given how chilly it was however I wasn't mad about the green dress ,I know it was the last day and they were in the capital of Connacht and a traditionally Irish/Gaelic speaking part of Eire so that may have the reason for more the duchess in green .
Old 03-05-2020, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge wore green again on her final day in Ireland today, March 5 wearing a Suzannah dress:

** Full view ** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** With her green coat **

Later she changed into a casual/sporty outfit:

** Full view **
I like the color of the green dress but not the print. I also find the green coat awful. Regarding the second outfit, I also dislike the red blouse. Beautiful color but I find it awful.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Today's green coat is one of my least favorite of Catherine's green coats. Almost entirely because of the bodice pocket flaps.

I do like the dress generally. I love the v neckline and the length, I like the color and print, but I'm not crazy about the puff at the shoulder. That is personal, I know that is coming back into style.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
How do you know she’s only worn the coat three times in 12 years?
Actually, we saw this coat 6 times. And considering she’s had it since her girlfriend days this is one coat that’s seen a lot of wear, simply because she didn’t have the current massive coat closet back then.
All the Times Kate Middleton Wore the Reiss Olivia Coat
Old 03-05-2020, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

I like today's green dress just fine, but does she think wearing green in Ireland is a requirement? It's a nice gesture, but at some point comes off as quasi costume-y IMO
Old 03-05-2020, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Actually, we saw this coat 6 times. And considering she’s had it since her girlfriend days this is one coat that’s seen a lot of wear, simply because she didn’t have the current massive coat closet back then.
All the Times Kate Middleton Wore the Reiss Olivia Coat

Thank you for sharing this blog article Princess Larisa. This coat has definitely seen its share of public and private outings.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The fact she still had the coat 12 years later shows to me she uses it a lot in her private life where we don't see pictures.

I would like to see her other coats used more on engagements - sometimes I feel she almost has a new designer winter coat for every public appearance.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post

This tour hasn't been her best in terms of fashion

> I am usually a fan of Catherine's fashion choices, but I just do not think I liked her wardrobe for this tour very much.

> I also wish she had reused more of her existing collection of green coats and dresses, that would have sent such a positive message.

> I am also not a fan of her wearing clothes by foreign brands when on official duties.

> The "vintage" Oscar de la Renta dresss was really not something I liked at all!
Old 03-07-2020, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge pictured in the Waterstones bookstore on Kensington High Street today

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/03...3598169623.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/94ecc7da...5976da7b7f.jpg
Old 03-07-2020, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That outfit is DIVINE, I want to own every piece of it.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I have the exactly same flats
Duchess doesn't look impressed by the paparazzi presence but she kooks wonderful in this casual outfit, i also want all th pieces to go with my shoes
Old 03-07-2020, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the colour of the coat, but otherwise it’s pretty run of the mill. In fairness she isn’t on an official engagement.

Closed Thread