The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the material and fit of this suit is very poor but I love the colour and style. However, I feel this all seems very petty given the purpose of the visit and the worrying times we are living through.

Very well said!

Indeed! This mustard colour is very lovely on the Duchess!

:previous: And since the mustard color has an orange hue to it, I find it compliments William's blue shirt.?

I don't think Catherine has worn much mustard before; it's refreshing to see her in the colour - suits her! ?

Wow, both of them are so wonderful especially the duchess, how lucky are you that William was lucky enough to find her and that she is so talented and dedicated, in the uk?

Pretty color.

But seriously the color coordinated 1950's catalog family? You are in lockdown, clapping for care workers. You don't need to be dressed up for engagement. If Charles and Camilla can wear jeans, no need for the perfectly matched picture frame family look. Even if Kate cant seem to go casual, do her kids really dress like little model dolls in their down time?

Seriously, I don't see the clothes as 1950s. They knew they were going to be photogaphed and printed so they chose 'going to the shops' or 'visiting a friend' kind of clothes. We do sometimes see Catherine wearing jeans and the kids playing. I think their down time is okay to be private.

Pretty color.

But seriously the color coordinated 1950's catalog family? You are in lockdown, clapping for care workers. You don't need to be dressed up for engagement. If Charles and Camilla can wear jeans, no need for the perfectly matched picture frame family look. Even if Kate cant seem to go casual, do her kids really dress like little model dolls in their down time?

Maybe they were dressed up for Louis’ birthday party?

Love the dress and the family all coordinating . We frequently see the family in a more casual look, particularly for photos, but there were several reasons to dress up - this was recorded to kick start the special fund raising event on the BBC , it was Louis’ birthday so they may have had a special party and the colour they wore is blue in support of the NHS .

Love her dress and also how the kids are dressed! Of all the things one could complain about, seeing the three Cambridge kids dressed up isn't one of them. Lovely family!

Last edited:
Lovely dress and colour on the duchess,she looks wonderful.

Pretty color.

You cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Seriously, I don't see the clothes as 1950s. They knew they were going to be photogaphed and printed so they chose 'going to the shops' or 'visiting a friend' kind of clothes. We do sometimes see Catherine wearing jeans and the kids playing. I think their down time is okay to be private.

Very true! :flowers:
I think they look fine; it's not like they are in evening clothes.

Perfect dress! I am glad Catherine is always marching into her own drum and wear what she is comfortable with.

She is almost always perfectly dressed for the occasion even Vogue Editor in Chief (Anna Wintour) agreed in one of her interviews couple of months back. She certainly knows fashion.

I don't think that they are too much dressed up, maybe a tad bit but sometimes I think THATS it how they dress all the time.

For me, mor disturbing is the color scheme. Do they all have to dress up in the same color? For my eye thats a bit weird.

Or does blue in this case stand for something I dont know as a non-british person?

:previous: From what I have read, the National Health Services color is blue, so that is why the Cambridges are wearing the color.?

Pretty color.

I love Catherine's dress. It's a beautiful color and print for spring time. https://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/004789637?$fashion-ui$

As we've already seen the kids in their play clothes for the original "Clap for Carers" video, so we know that they do wear casual clothing.

As for the Cambridges choosing to wear NHS blue, that seems to be a gesture of support for those essential workers.?

Last edited:
Not crazy about the dress but it looks comfortable the color is lovely though

Pretty dress, but I would have preferred her to dress more casually for this occasion.

Maybe they were dressed up for Louis’ birthday party?

All the more reason for the kids to be in play clothes. Usually kids birthday parties you are running around, playing, having fun. I actually hope it has nothing to do with his birthday. Its one of the times a kid should be letting loose and being a kid.

This is not 'going to the shops' clothes. This is color coordinated, photographic perfect outfit. Just like all their photo shoots.

I didn't say the clothes were 50's. I said the feel was. They look like the old catalogs where you'd have the perfectly posed family pretending to be 'playing on the carpet' or something, where everyone is perfectly coordinated the 'ideal family'. Or the kind you expect to see in the picture frame you buy in the store before you put your own photo in. There is nothing natural about it.

Charles and Camilla were being 'photographed' and yet they didn't think jeans were inappropriate. If people in their 70's can be casual, you'd think the younger generation would know its fine.

I stand by the blue for NHS was a Coincidence. Look at all of the photo ops of this family. Their motorbike picture, their picture in the trees, most of their appearances, the family is always color coordinated. And 99% of the time its in blue (the trees they did have green as well). Its their go to color.

She looks lovely the colour really suits her intact they all look super in their "blues"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom