HM Queen Elizabeth II​ - Rest In Peace
The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have looked and looked at the photos trying to find out why I didn't like it. I like the colour and I like the style but somehow it just looks wrong. Finally, I think I have found what bothers me.

This is a dress whose focal point is the original design features of the bodice. The shoulders, sleeves and bustline of the dress have elements of unique interest and Catherine's hair obscures them. This unbalances the whole 'look', which is a shame

When you analyse the interesting points, like how the sleeves and bodice connect and how instead of darts from the side to allow for the bustline, there is something like an inverted pleat enclosing a small gather that runs to a dart that ends at the waist with a gathered skirt.

https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/...-1-768x734.jpg

Old 07-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Majesty

The dress does nothing for her. Those shoes are terrible, ugly, plus a sprained ankle waiting to happen

Old 07-21-2019, 09:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh yes, I forgot . . . the heels on those shoes are really ugly and have a tendency to cause women to look like they have no discernable ankles, cankles to be precise. They were ugly the first time around and are no better the second.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cambridge at The Kings Cup Regatta today.

Wearing a Sandro top, L.K.Bennett trousers and Superga trainers.

*Full View*
Old 08-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Serene Highness

I don't get this combination

The top and trousers looks nice individually but doesn't look well together.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Majesty

That's OK, she changes twice today. So does DuCa
Old 08-08-2019, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

*Full View*
Not a huge fan of this outfit, I like the shorts and polo much more!
Old 08-08-2019, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:

*Full View*

I like the top, but the trousers feel like they are either too short or too long. Not sure which one it is.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Everything from the waist up is lovely.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan of this look especially the top. However the pants are good.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Courtier

I looked at the first pictures from the Regatta and just burst out laughing. Those pieces do not go together. She looked better in the shorts outfit. I would guess both pairs of shoes are new because they are just too clean to have been worn before today. She may have some just like them but those look new.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
I looked at the first pictures from the Regatta and just burst out laughing. Those pieces do not go together. She looked better in the shorts outfit. I would guess both pairs of shoes are new because they are just too clean to have been worn before today. She may have some just like them but those look new.

Agreed. They donít match to me either.

I really like the top though. Itís cute and a bit different than what she usually wears.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post

The shoes have been worn numerous times before, it is possible to wash superga shoes.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Really like the stripped top, very cute. Not a fan of the pants, it's just not a great look on her.

Shorts outfit is much better on her...very nice.

LaRae
Old 08-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Serene Highness

Dont like the first outfit (also not sure why she needed to wear it/didn't just show up in the sailing kit itself), but at least she went outside her normal stripe pattern!

As usual, Kate looks her best in sporty attire. Her legs are to die for in shorts.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree that Catherine looks better in her casual, more sporty attire - the first look is a bit messy and thrown together for me, which isn't normally her style so I wonder if someone on her stylist team suggested either item of clothing and Catherine didn't know what to pair it with.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I know this is a fashion thread so itís fine for us to comment on the mismatch of the top and trousers, but I think for once as far as Catherine is concerned, fashion firmly took a back seat in favour of comfort and practicality. Yes, she could have donned a nautical, crisp cotton top or something similar, but for once sartorial, neat, coordinating separates were not the requirement. The total immersion in the event and the focus on ensuring George and Charlotte have a fun day out show through in the many pictures from today.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

I usually love casual days, Kate normally rocks her casual looks for me. I rarely dislike something compared to her matronly non-casual day looks. But sadly today was a total flop for me.

I like the color and stripes of the shirt. Pretty

But the ruffles on the sleeves and bottom are plain juvenile. This would be a cute top for Charlotte with a little pair of shorts, not her mother. The fabric also kind of reminds me of the shirts we wore in the 90s.

The pant style is nice, even like the buttons (though surprise big sailor buttons) but they seem awkard length.

Her sailing look is far better.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

*Full View*
I think this outfit is terrible. I dislike the pants and the blouse.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:40 PM
Majesty

Wow I am surprised so many dislike the outfit. I think the top and pants go, the navy stripe in the top is enough. Love that she is wearing flats. Her hair sure is big from the sea air

Closed Thread