The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the first pictures from the Regatta and just burst out laughing. Those pieces do not go together. She looked better in the shorts outfit. I would guess both pairs of shoes are new because they are just too clean to have been worn before today. She may have some just like them but those look new.

I looked at the first pictures from the Regatta and just burst out laughing. Those pieces do not go together. She looked better in the shorts outfit. I would guess both pairs of shoes are new because they are just too clean to have been worn before today. She may have some just like them but those look new.

Agreed. They don’t match to me either.

I really like the top though. It’s cute and a bit different than what she usually wears.

The shoes have been worn numerous times before, it is possible to wash superga shoes.

Really like the stripped top, very cute. Not a fan of the pants, it's just not a great look on her.

Shorts outfit is much better on her...very nice.

LaRae

Dont like the first outfit (also not sure why she needed to wear it/didn't just show up in the sailing kit itself), but at least she went outside her normal stripe pattern!

As usual, Kate looks her best in sporty attire. Her legs are to die for in shorts.

I agree that Catherine looks better in her casual, more sporty attire - the first look is a bit messy and thrown together for me, which isn't normally her style so I wonder if someone on her stylist team suggested either item of clothing and Catherine didn't know what to pair it with.

I know this is a fashion thread so it’s fine for us to comment on the mismatch of the top and trousers, but I think for once as far as Catherine is concerned, fashion firmly took a back seat in favour of comfort and practicality. Yes, she could have donned a nautical, crisp cotton top or something similar, but for once sartorial, neat, coordinating separates were not the requirement. The total immersion in the event and the focus on ensuring George and Charlotte have a fun day out show through in the many pictures from today.

I usually love casual days, Kate normally rocks her casual looks for me. I rarely dislike something compared to her matronly non-casual day looks. But sadly today was a total flop for me.

I like the color and stripes of the shirt. Pretty :flowers:

But the ruffles on the sleeves and bottom are plain juvenile. This would be a cute top for Charlotte with a little pair of shorts, not her mother. The fabric also kind of reminds me of the shirts we wore in the 90s.

The pant style is nice, even like the buttons (though surprise big sailor buttons) but they seem awkard length.

Her sailing look is far better.

Wow I am surprised so many dislike the outfit. I think the top and pants go, the navy stripe in the top is enough. Love that she is wearing flats. Her hair sure is big from the sea air

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom