The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 -

A colour coordinating Duke and Duchess [emoji1] I agree that we aren’t seeing the pleating correctly because her hair covers the top section. I love the capped sleeve and think that the fit of the dress is perfect. Lovely texture too.
The tennis is pretty special too.

Yes, it looks a lovely vintage style.

It's almost as if its made knowing the top will be covered by a jacket etc.

Very pretty look. Love the color of the dress, interesting texture and style. Well choosen shoes and clutch. Her hair look so beautifully lately.

She should have worn her hair up. Love the color of the dress, and the clutch & shoes.

Beautiful color!
This dress is much better than the green one she wore yesterday.

Lovely dress and lovely color bleu is definitely the Duchess color
The hair looks nice too

I love this dress style & colour & she looks so good in it. I'd prefer her hair out of the way to show off the top more as it's very pretty & suits her.

Lovely colour and the duchess looked really nice at Wimbledon today.

Definately a 50's vibe...I love the color and material ...but that weird design on the sides of the bodice keeps me from loving the whole dress.

LaRae

Much better silhouette for her than yesterday and hair up would have been better, I agree. The shoes were a good practical choice on the grass and looked great on her with the ankle straps. Her posture was consistently poor, however shoulders hunched forward

As for the green dress...the color is stunning and looks fabulous with her hair color. The dress itself, not so much. I really hate the row of gold buttons and the sleeves and it just really isn't flattering.

As for the blue dress...I love it! I do wish she'd worn her hair in one of those beautiful half up half down styles that she does so well and allowed a better view of the shoulder area of the dress. But, the dress is beautiful, I love that vintage look and the color is fabulous. Other than maybe a different hairstyle she really nailed this one.

I love the color on Kate. Blue is a beautiful color on her. I love the fabric but not the style of the dress. I have noticed that Kate wears a lot of “little girl looks”...that we’re worn back in the 1950’s. Like, the little white rounded collar look, or short puffed sleeve look. I do not care foe this look on Kate, but If she likes the look and is comfortable, and the Queen is okay with it, then I will just ignore the look for the day.

.....but If she likes the look and is comfortable, and the Queen is okay with it.

Why might the Queen have an issue with Kate wearing a dress that has is vintage in style?

I love the dress. Very regal, beautiful, and elegant. One of her best looks.

Duchess of Cambridge today at the christening of Archie was wearing Stella McCartney.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-zTu51X4AAmFeP.jpg

I dislike the dress. Beautiful color but I’m not fond of design.

I love the dress. A very beautiful shade of pink. A wonderful dress.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...Meghan-end-feud-rumours-attend-Wimbledon.html

Kate in green at Wimbledon.
It's a nice enough dress, but I would prefer a lighter color for this occasion; that deep green looks more like fall than summer.

I love the green dress. So beautiful and divine.

The Duchess of Cambridge attended a photography workshop for Action for Children today, June 25:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

I dislike the dress. Love the style but not the print.

Last edited:

Here are some more views on the dress:

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **

I don’t like this dress. Beautiful color but I dislike the print.

I dislike the dress. I love the color but not the design.

:previous: I have looked and looked at the photos trying to find out why I didn't like it. I like the colour and I like the style but somehow it just looks wrong. Finally, I think I have found what bothers me.

This is a dress whose focal point is the original design features of the bodice. The shoulders, sleeves and bustline of the dress have elements of unique interest and Catherine's hair obscures them. This unbalances the whole 'look', which is a shame

When you analyse the interesting points, like how the sleeves and bodice connect and how instead of darts from the side to allow for the bustline, there is something like an inverted pleat enclosing a small gather that runs to a dart that ends at the waist with a gathered skirt.

https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content...ots-Kate-Wimbledon-July-14-2019-1-768x734.jpg

The dress does nothing for her. Those shoes are terrible, ugly, plus a sprained ankle waiting to happen

:previous: Oh yes, I forgot . . . the heels on those shoes are really ugly and have a tendency to cause women to look like they have no discernable ankles, cankles to be precise. They were ugly the first time around and are no better the second.

The Duchess of Cambridge at The Kings Cup Regatta today.

Wearing a Sandro top, L.K.Bennett trousers and Superga trainers.

*Full View*

I don't get this combination:confused:

The top and trousers looks nice individually but doesn't look well together.

:previous: That's OK, she changes twice today. So does DuCa

*Full View*

Not a huge fan of this outfit, I like the shorts and polo much more!

*Full View*

I like the top, but the trousers feel like they are either too short or too long. Not sure which one it is.

Everything from the waist up is lovely. ?

Reactions: Fem
Not a fan of this look especially the top. However the pants are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom