The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with comments about the fussy bow, it reminds me of what my elderly aunts would favour when I was a youngster . Love the colour and headband is okay.

I love the color and style of the dress aside from the tie at the top.

I like the headband-style and color. (Great pair of shoes too!) I like how Catherine has switched up her headpiece style over the last year.

I like the headband, but I need another couple of photos with better lighting to see if I like that shade of red with the rose pink of the dress. If it's like the red/rose pairing she did at Trooping(?), then I would think it's great, but my monitor is showing something more on the brick end of the red spectrum. What are others seeing in terms of shade?

I like it but she needs to nix the &*^ bow. :ermm:

I like the headband, but I need another couple of photos with better lighting to see if I like that shade of red with the rose pink of the dress. If it's like the red/rose pairing she did at Trooping(?), then I would think it's great, but my monitor is showing something more on the brick end of the red spectrum. What are others seeing in terms of shade?

This seems to be the trend just now of mixing colours .Not sure myself. Sophia mixed colours the other day.

To me, the dress, shoes & headband are different shades/tints of the same colour with the dress at the lighter end & the accessories at the darker end so they go together well.

I love that color on Catherine. I,for one, will be glad when she tires of the neck bows and headbands. She looks great.

To me, the dress, shoes & headband are different shades/tints of the same colour with the dress at the lighter end & the accessories at the darker end so they go together well.

Oh, interesting, on my monitor they lean much more orange--it must be the texture that is throwing the color off. If they are all indeed variations of the same tone, then I would like them a lot more. Catherine's 2017 Trooping appearance with a similar color combination is one of my favorite of her looks.

Hallo Girl, yes, I thought of Sophia's look as well.

I never liked pink and red together. She looked okay I guess, but she had better looks for sure. Nice legs by the way ;)

She looks terrific. I love the color of the dress. I liked the shoes. I think I would have preferred a fascinator but the headbands are a nice change of pace.

ETA - some people are saying she's wearing the same earrings that Diana wore to Harry's christening. I can't tell myself but, if she is, it is a lovely gesture.

Last edited:
Is the headband not the one that Catherine wore for Christmas last year?

Obviously a different piece. This one is probably from Juliette Botterill (these signature braids) and the Christmas one is from Jane Taylor IIRC, completely different material and design.

Obviously a different piece. This one is probably from Juliette Botterill (these signature braids) and the Christmas one is from Jane Taylor IIRC, completely different material and design.

You are absolutely right, I had not seen a close up, and so had not appreciated the braids.

I did not like the governess look of the dress but overall the Duchess looked nice.

I thought the Duchess looked good - could have done without the bow like most here but her style has really picked up in the last 12 months. As well as that she seems more confident in herself and in her role which is coming across now in photos.

With the exception of the neckline and bow I love the look! Very pretty color and the headband is a nice touch.

Lovely summer dress!

But, didn't L.K. Bennett go out of business?
Is that a dress she's worn before?

Their website is still up and running.

Very pretty today. The dress and color work really great for her.

Very pretty outfit for polo. Her hair is gorgeous!! I love the waves, and the children are beautiful!

Lovely, casual summer look for the Duchess. I always enjoy seeing the royals at these less formal appearances.

I love the dress, it looks amazing - the colour, the fabric, everything. Seems perfect for polo and running around with children.

And her hair look especially good today, like engagement-level good, and she usually keeps it simpler on those casual occasions. I like that style very much.

Great color and flow-y style for Kate...I really liked this on her!

LaRae

Very very pretty ! The colour, the shape : everything !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom