The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely colour on the duchess but the design is a tad dowdy and an up hairstyle would have been nice.

Kate looks pretty in this dress. That's about it. Pretty like a million of other women that would wear something similar. I think every grown woman has had a dress similar to this style in their closet at one time or another. It fits the occasion and Kate kind of blends into the reception among other women wearing not so spectacular dresses too. ?

I think the flash may be washing the dress out ...pale blue. It reminds me a lot a couple other dresses she's worn. She looks really good in this more vintage style.

Perhaps a stronger color would of been better. Her hair..it's okay..nothing really going on.

LaRae

its not my favourite but very kate - she has totally found her style.

Not bad at all i love the color and i love the cut of the dress and yes the style very Kate.

She looks very pale today, the dress colour washes her out.
Not a fan of the dress, it seems to age her.

Kate always looks pretty, This particular dress is not flattering though on her, reminds me of a headmistress. Maybe if the dress was a different color, more vibrant and maybe a bit shorter, the dress would look better. Although I like her hair down I would rather see it up at today’s event.

I was expecting a completely different outfit when I read the comments, though I actually quite like this dress from Catherine and it seems I'm in the minority. This shade of minty/icy blue is beautiful on her.

Unfortunately this one is a miss for me. It looks too much like a school marm, although a brighter colour or jewel tone would help. (I do like the skirt part of it, my objections are for the bodice and sleeves). I usually really like the dresses she wears, including the more vintage inspired ones but this one does nothing for her especially in this colour which washes her out.

This is another miss for me. While I love the colour and material, it still illustrates how pastels can wash her out and I think, led to her somewhat heavy hand with the blush. The style is firmly set in the 1980's and not only does it scream middle-aged country schoolmistress, but it is also not a flattering silhouette for her.

And last but by no means least, her hair dragged her face down and successfully obscured the detailing at the neck. Once again an updo would have been more stylish, showcasing her neckline and jewellery to perfection. I'd even be happy with a high ponytail.

Her whitish shoes seemed to be added to indicate a day look when a silver pump would have harmonised with her clutch and lifted the dress.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the head mistress wearing this dress! It is a lovely dress, with a lot of good design to help her figure. The gathering at the waist, the buttons, all add weight. But it actually accentuates how thin she is. The color does wash her out.

Well, yet another matronly outfit that is almost an exact replica of another of her outfits.

I wish she would have just reworn the Beulah from Southeast Asia. It was classy, but modern and fresh. This dress not so much.

Her hair and make up look softer today which is a very nice look for her indeed.

The color is pretty but the dress isn't. Not a bit flattering.

She looks great today..great color of the coat/dress and boot! Love the hair!

LaRae

I love that coat! Just so stunning on her.

This is one of my favorite colors on Kate. I love the coat, and the dress, what we can see of it, looks lovely, too.

I love that green color on her, it is one of my favorites for her to wear. She looks great today. (And I want a blouse or dress in that dress fabric.)

I saw some photos of her that showed her hair from the back, and I really like the wrapped ponytail, a nice solution.

I was expecting a completely different outfit when I read the comments, though I actually quite like this dress from Catherine and it seems I'm in the minority. This shade of minty/icy blue is beautiful on her.

I'm with you. I LOVE this dress. I love the style, color, everything about it.

I have always loved this green coat and I love that dress, too. I have a weakness for peacock prints. Also, I love the boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. We have Kate in 1st place for the fashion prize of the day. I *love* this look on her. It shows her slender frame off to perfection and she looks warm and cozy in it.

Kind of reminds me of the beginning of the Mary Tyler Moore show look where she throws her hat up in the air while smiling. :D

The Duchess of Cambridge at the reception for the 50th anniversary of the Investiture of the Prince of Wales today, March 5:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full/Side view ** Upper part **

I love this dress. Very elegant, beautiful, and divine. A faultless dress.

The Duchess of Cambridge in Blackpool today:

*Full View*

Her coat is by Sportsmax (MaxMara, Italian) and her dress is by Michael Kors (US).

Update:

**Dress without Coat**

Beautiful coat but I dislike the blouse.

I love how she looks today - especially the tied back hair!

Whats not to like,great coat and hairstyle but what a fantastic colour on the duchess today.

Super elegant..[the entirety of the look]

Catherine looked great in Blackpool today. Her clutch is very cute, too.

Great look for today!!! Love dark green on her, the coat is beautiful! I have mixed feeling about peacock prints, but the dress is lovely. But what I love the most is her hair!!! Ponytail suits her!!! And it was a great solution for a rainy day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom